Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 11:29 AM

70 posts, read 235,981 times

Advertisements

FYI - I've heard from a few people who have actually met Paris Hilton in person that she is very sweet.

In the past I've actually been told by others that I 'looked' like a b****. I would ask why, and their response was that I never smiled. This was back in high school when I was being bullied and I had it tough at home, so of course I didn't smile! Don't judge someone just because they look bitchy, you never know what's going on in their lives.

Since then, things are better in my life so I try to smile more especially at work because that's where I feel it helps the most.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:06 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,396,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer22 View Post
In the past I've actually been told by others that I 'looked' like a b****. I would ask why, and their response was that I never smiled. This was back in high school when I was being bullied and I had it tough at home, so of course I didn't smile! Don't judge someone just because they look bitchy, you never know what's going on in their lives.

Since then, things are better in my life so I try to smile more especially at work because that's where I feel it helps the most.
Being in a bad mood and looking bitchy are two different looks. That's what I've observed. Both readable.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:30 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,916,687 times
Sort of. If you smile at them, generally people who don't smile back are more likely to be b*tchy. (Or at least get a warmer expression).

Old 04-02-2012, 04:39 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,212,015 times
This thread is funny because many of the posters here are bitchy themselves. No need to have a peak at them.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
This thread is funny because many of the posters here are bitchy themselves. No need to have a peak at them.
Funny how guys don't complain when women call other guys pr!cks! I've never seen a male get pi$$ed off by that. They usually shrug...or agree.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Funny how guys don't complain when women call other guys pr!cks! I've never seen a male get pi$$ed off by that. They usually shrug...or agree.
I'm not seeing women call guys p's. I'm seeing people, SOME people LOL, b*tch as usual. Not that it's a problem, but I think that looking at a person you don't know and determining that they're b*tchy based on how they look is a b*tchy personality trait to begin with. It's glaringly obvious and pretty funny as well.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:33 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,665,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I agree I think us ladies can be a bit thin skinned about the term ******...sometimes a woman just is a strong person (think Hillary Clinton) and she gets labeled as a ******...so we are defensive with good reason sometimes!

Old 04-02-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I agree I think us ladies can be a bit thin skinned about the term ******...sometimes a woman just is a strong person (think Hillary Clinton) and she gets labeled as a ******...so we are defensive with good reason sometimes!
I think the term shows how it's socially acceptable in 2012 to denigrate women. Not unlike terms that were used 50 years ago towards other groups. That's another argument, tho.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I'm not seeing women call guys p's. I'm seeing people, SOME people LOL, b*tch as usual. Not that it's a problem, but I think that looking at a person you don't know and determining that they're b*tchy based on how they look is a b*tchy personality trait to begin with. It's glaringly obvious and pretty funny as well.
One prolific poster here said that they have no problem with stereotyping, because it's often observed and accurate, and they don't want to expend the energy to look for the exception. I'd like to bronze plate that.

When you are in an unfamiliar place, and you want to ask for directions, and there are 10 people in a city square - do you pick the "peaches and cream" lady or the bitchy lady, or do you pick the "gentleman" or the pr!ck? Subconsciously, you make the same assessments.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
I think the term shows how it's socially acceptable in 2012 to denigrate women.
If you are as male-centric as you claim to be, I don't understand why you are a feminist? Words like "biotch on wheels," etc., were used in high school, among kids talking, etc. What's the problem? This was probably the case in your educational institutions and in your neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships