Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 07:05 PM

22,382 posts, read 29,497,078 times

Advertisements

I have that bitchy look. I hear it all the time

Old 04-02-2012, 07:07 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,400,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I have that bitchy look. I hear it all the time
Thank you "not Miami anymore." It's like people here are handing me an oxygen mask. LOL.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:08 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,667,119 times
I'm the mother of a very strong willed young woman(18),she is a take no prisoners kinda girl...I think an apt description of her at times could be the b-word...and I know she has been called it on one or more occassion but she embraces it...sort of her badge of honor when dealing with stupid people!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:16 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,842,419 times
This thread is interesting. There's a girl I work with who could totally play the part of really pretty, bitchy high school cheerleader that all the guys want to date and all the girls want to hate based on her looks. She's one of the nicest people I know. It seems like some people have to work extra hard to make people comfortable around them. I pretty much want to see what's on the inside before I judge a person.

On the contrary I really wish I could pull off a bitchy look that repels people, because (and maybe it's just the line of work I'm in ) but I seem to have a sign on my forehead that attracts bitchy people.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:16 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,215,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Bold 1: an oxymoron if there ever was one
How so? What I suspect is a reality where I actually do more for the men in my life than any of the anti-feminists men on this board do for other men in their lives. Feminism provided the path for my life and that life happens to be a boon for the men who know me.

Quote:
Bold 2: I don't think it's a problem...it's no different than smarmy, slippery, nasty, or any other negative gender non-specific appellation.
You are saying that those words are gender specific? Or are you saying the other is not gender specific? Are you going to attempt to pass this off as simple stupidity on your part or on the part of society? Do you think I will willingly dumb myself down for CD or our society is order to conform to mass stupidity? If the latter, don't waste your time. Barring brain damage it's difficult to set out to unlearn.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
How so? What I suspect is a reality where I actually do more for the men in my life than any of the anti-feminists men on this board do for other men in their lives. Feminism provided the path for my life and that life happens to be a boon for the men who know me.

You are saying that those words are gender specific? Or are you saying the other is not gender specific? Are you going to attempt to pass this off as simple stupidity on your part or on the part of society? Do you think I will willingly dumb myself down for CD or our society is order to conform to mass stupidity? If the latter, don't waste your time. Barring brain damage it's difficult to set out to unlearn.
There are a lot of smart women out there who study the sciences and go home to their husbands, kids, and pets and the word feminist does not even enter their mind, except when they hear it or read it. I don't understand how feminism provided a path for you and how women who aren't feminists got to the same, or higher, places.

Paragraph 2: Your whole approach is to stifle natural reflexes and subconscious thought processes for the sake of political correctness. That seems to be a recurring theme. Society pays lip service to shifting in this direction. It is doubtful, due to basic human nature and differences in how the genders process, that this will ever happen.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:27 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,744,056 times
if you don't bend over backwards, twirl your hairs in your fingers and giggle at everything the men say, they will call you a bi*ch in a minute.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
they will call you a bi*ch in a minute.
In a New York minute or a New Jersey minute? J/K. The term is usually reserved for a woman who is almost universally unpleasant, to anyone who she either can't benefit from or is "out of her league."

Old 04-02-2012, 07:38 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,655,189 times
Quote:
In a New York minute or a New Jersey minute? J/K. The term is usually reserved for a woman who is almost universally unpleasant, to anyone who she either can't benefit from or is "out of her league."
Or a woman who rejects a man's advances or has an opinion on anything that may be slightly different than a mans. I've been called a ***** (and other lovely names) on several occasions for doing nothing more than saying 'no thank you' when a guy asks me to go home with him.

As for a "bitchy" look, my cousin is the perfect example. She's extremely high maintenance, never leaves the house without a ton of makeup and perfect clothes and always has a stuck up look on her face. In reality, she's a pretty nice girl, but you do have to get past the arrogant, bitchy, just-plain-mean demeanor to get to that point.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:40 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,215,291 times
Quote:
There are a lot of smart women out there who study the sciences and go home to their husbands, kids, and pets and the word feminist does not even enter their mind, except when they hear it or read it. I don't understand how feminism provided a path for you and how women who aren't feminists got to the same, or higher, places.
I would not be a scientist if not for feminism. It was the sacrifice and fight of feminists in the past that allowed me to do what I'm doing today. I would not have my husband or life without it either. It provided opportunity, huge opportunity. It's not that complicated to figure, but a person does need to value and employ awareness.

Quote:
Paragraph 2: Your whole approach is to stifle natural reflexes and subconscious thought processes for the sake of political correctness. That seems to be a recurring theme. Society pays lip service to shifting in this direction. It is doubtful, due to basic human nature and differences in how the genders process, that this will ever happen.
Regarding PC, you could not be more wrong. I am not a PC person. I think I've admitted to being a classist on this forums enough to squash such an assertion. Our culture is PC, but certainly not PC when it comes to women. Either way, I acknowledge that negative gender-specific epithets are what they are; negative gender-specific epithets. While it may be a matter of natural reflexes (I could actually agree with you on that) a lack of awareness of what they are simply comes down to stupidity. I find no reason to pay lip service to that.

Ultimately, tho, in my mind it's just one more word in your (general your) story. Based on what I read on these forums, fittingly so most of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships