Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 10:12 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,102,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
There's nothing to go off of? Are you kidding me?

Pick something out of the sky. You've seen them enough time to be able to make something up.........

'"Excuse me, what kind of cell phone is that? I'm on the market for a new celly and I can't decide. When I see someone that has a nice one, I ask to see how they like theirs"

"Excuse me, what kind of bag is that? That's cool. I need a new bag and wanted something different. Where did you get yours?"

"Excuse me, Is that a Ipad or some other brand? I'd like to get one but with so many on the market, I don't know which one to choose from. Are you happy with yours?"

The above 3 are example openers. Afer that, you have to carry the conversation. Of course, you make up your own. I wanted to give you a few examples of how to open. You don't need to do anything but open. You don't have to be at a club. You can be anywhere.

Notice, there is nothing fancy, nothing "slick" about the above. Nothing corny. Just regualar old questions to open the door.
For all the garbage women spout about wanting men to get to know them, I believe this is the best way.

Hit on or smooth talk more or less every woman you meet that is physically attractive to you ... the sooner the better.

This way, you go through large quantities of numbers and play the odds while building up your resolve at the same time and not getting your heart broken.

Instead, I've spent time getting to know women, gotten attached to them, gotten rejected and suffered a ton of pain.

The guys I know that are like this talk to girls with boyfriends and husbands even though they might have girlfriends or wives themselves. They won't cross the line (unless she does first) but will always be standing there keeping her as an option. One of the women who rejected me recently ended up hooking up with one of these types of guys and he had a long term girlfriend. I was like WTF...

I may try it in earnest if I'm single again...

Old 04-03-2012, 08:48 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
AS folks can hang out with AS folks.
sounds nice, not realistic. some of us have never even met another person with A.S. only groups around here are for parents with autistic children.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I think most guys have a pretty realistic picture, yes.

Some guys are just not what most women want.

But I can think of one. I knew a few guys when they were younger were intimidated or uncomfortable around women, so they used to overcompensate by acting rude, crude, and offensive. That is definitely not good around women.

Share if you wish...
First of all I don't put myself out there anymore. Even if I did, I highly doubt anyone would ask me out seeing as they never have in 32 years....Anyways, I have A.S, I'm mentally ill (which I take medication for but still that is not good enough for the males), I'm dark skinned (which I don't have a problem with but men apparently do since being white, mixed or Hispanic is 'in'), not loud, attention seeking or sexually flirtatious with them (they love women like this), I'm not ugly but not thin enough or pretty enough to compete with these other women and definitely don't have the same level of the sexual experience as most of them do (putting out to guys I barely know & quickly at that). All these things result in low self esteem which I'm told repeatedly men do not like b/c they want someone that's 'bubbly, optimistic, etc!' Now I guess I'm supposed to pull high self esteem out of my behind b/c it's not like they are going to help me get any of it. It's a joke anyways.

It doesn't take much brain cells for a woman to get a FWB or ONS situation b/c any man is willing to use a woman for sex if she offers it. But the fact that some men won't even admit this 'not being datable' is just much an issue for some women as it is for them, in and of itself is a major problem and annoyance. They continue to insist "any woman can get a boyfriend/husband!" by default b/c of having a vagina, discounting many women who are simply not interested in 'just getting laid.'

And any guy that says 'majority of men have a realistic picture of women,' is fooling themselves. They are usually so off base it isn't funny.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,102,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
First of all I don't put myself out there anymore. Even if I did, I highly doubt anyone would ask me out seeing as they never have in 32 years....Anyways, I have A.S, I'm mentally ill (which I take medication for but still that is not good enough for the males), I'm dark skinned (which I don't have a problem with but men apparently do since being white, mixed or Hispanic is 'in'), not loud, attention seeking or sexually flirtatious with them, I'm not ugly but not thin enough or pretty enough to compete with these other women and definitely don't have the same level of the sexual experience as most of them do (putting out to guys I barely know & quickly at that). All these things result in low self esteem which I'm told repeatedly men do not like b/c they want someone that's 'bubbly, optimistic, etc!' Now I guess I'm supposed to pull high self esteem out of my behind b/c it's not like they are going to help me get any of it. It's a joke anyways.

It doesn't take much brain cells for a woman to get a FWB or ONS situation b/c any man is willing to use a woman for sex if she offers it. But the fact that some men won't even admit this 'not being datable' is just much an issue for some women as it is for them, in and of itself is a major problem and annoyance. They continue to insist "any woman can get a boyfriend/husband!" by default b/c of having a vagina, discounting many women who are not simply interested in 'just getting laid.'

And any guy that says 'majority of men have a realistic picture of women,' is fooling themselves. They are usually so off base it isn't funny.
It is easier for a woman to get dates and to have options. And you rarely see women on message boards complaining about not being able to get ANYTHING. You are one here, and at the other one I frequented, there was one too. On the other hand, there are HORDES of men who cannot get a date.

It's not easier for a woman to get the end goal ... a good solid relationship but that is neither here nor there. You asked why...

In terms of your own problems, I suggest an easy solution. Hit on men.

We all need to accept our lot in life. I'm by no means a J. Crew model myself. I have many horror stories of being rejected and there's still more to come I'm sure. Yes. Some women are lucky in that they get approached and don't have to face rejection. But some get shown such clear signs of interest, it's almost the same.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
It is easier for a woman to get dates and to have options. And you rarely see women on message boards complaining about not being able to get ANYTHING. You are one here, and at the other one I frequented, there was one too. On the other hand, there are HORDES of men who cannot get a date.

It's not easier for a woman to get the end goal ... a good solid relationship but that is neither here nor there. You asked why...

In terms of your own problems, I suggest an easy solution. Hit on men.

We all need to accept our lot in life. I'm by no means a J. Crew model myself. I have many horror stories of being rejected and there's still more to come I'm sure. Yes. Some women are lucky in that they get approached and don't have to face rejection. But some get shown such clear signs of interest, it's almost the same.
I don't care what you 'rarely' see women doing. You're discounting the entire lot b/c you 'rarely' see some women speak about something? That's your problem not mine. I'm tired of discussing this it's not a 'men have it harder issue.' The question was asked and I answered it according to my life (which you know jack about, btw). Accept that some women are in the same position on some level. The "hoards of men who can't get a date," I have my own problems....don't suggest any 'easy' solutions when you don't think I have this issue in the first place.

(and fyi: that 'easy solution' isn't so easy if you're not an attractive enough female in the first place. Didn't think of that one did you?).

Old 04-03-2012, 09:30 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,807,091 times
Too ugly, too short, not 'interesting' in the sense that I couldn't care less about current music, movies, etc. My interests are way too 'out there' for anyone to appreciate them and appreciate me.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:56 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,189,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Too ugly, too short, not 'interesting' in the sense that I couldn't care less about current music, movies, etc. My interests are way too 'out there' for anyone to appreciate them and appreciate me.
Have fun living in your world all by yourself.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:20 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,686,536 times
Quote:
It is easier for a woman to get dates and to have options. And you rarely see women on message boards complaining about not being able to get ANYTHING.

It's not easier for a woman to get the end goal ... a good solid relationship but that is neither here nor there.

Women may get hit on more and have more "options" as you put it, but generally they are creepy guys that you would not want anywhere near you, let alone touching you.

In my book, that equates to the same as not being able to get ANYTHING because the creepers don't count.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:24 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,748,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
First of all I don't put myself out there anymore. Even if I did, I highly doubt anyone would ask me out seeing as they never have in 32 years....Anyways, I have A.S, I'm mentally ill (which I take medication for but still that is not good enough for the males), I'm dark skinned (which I don't have a problem with but men apparently do since being white, mixed or Hispanic is 'in'), not loud, attention seeking or sexually flirtatious with them (they love women like this), I'm not ugly but not thin enough or pretty enough to compete with these other women and definitely don't have the same level of the sexual experience as most of them do (putting out to guys I barely know & quickly at that). All these things result in low self esteem which I'm told repeatedly men do not like b/c they want someone that's 'bubbly, optimistic, etc!' Now I guess I'm supposed to pull high self esteem out of my behind b/c it's not like they are going to help me get any of it. It's a joke anyways.

It doesn't take much brain cells for a woman to get a FWB or ONS situation b/c any man is willing to use a woman for sex if she offers it. But the fact that some men won't even admit this 'not being datable' is just much an issue for some women as it is for them, in and of itself is a major problem and annoyance. They continue to insist "any woman can get a boyfriend/husband!" by default b/c of having a vagina, discounting many women who are simply not interested in 'just getting laid.'

Have you considered the idea that just maybe men don't want to be with a woman who has such a low view of men? I mean, even if you met a man who was attracted to you, what's he going to think after he gets to know you and learns your opinions concerning all men?

Old 04-03-2012, 10:44 AM

691 posts, read 1,427,607 times
Quote:
On the other hand, there are HORDES of men who cannot get a date.
Yep, to even act like the numbers are equal is insulting. Of course its foolish to deny that some women get the short end of the stick, but I would have to bet that men make up 90% of these cases. Therefore its not a double standard.

Mod cut: Off topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-04-2012 at 08:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships