Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 03:49 PM

356 posts, read 830,009 times

Advertisements

Well, wow. I have missed CD! Mostly because I got a new job and now I actually have to work instead of play on here all day

More happy news, me and my boyfriend of 1.5 years are finally splitting. Most of the regulars here know some of the story but I have finally had enough. I should be treated better than that. I deserve someone who WANTS to be with me and not wants to waste time with me. While I am going to be jealous, sad, angry, & god knows what else I'll feel. I am happy to let him go. I vow to NEVER let this happen again. I've kept him only because I guess I hoped he would eventually come around and want to be a couple but in the past months, I've realized that things are actually only getting worse.

I already feel relieved that it's going to be over. Wish me luck tonight, 9:30PM EST begins "the talk".

Women out there --- if he can't commit after a year, it just ain't gonna happen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 03:59 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTulip18 View Post

Women out there --- if he can't commit after a year, it just ain't gonna happen!
ha, not so fast. Most of my friends got engaged within 2-3 years of dating. Very few got engaged within a year.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:03 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Well, wow. I have missed CD! Mostly because I got a new job and now I actually have to work instead of play on here all day

More happy news, me and my boyfriend of 1.5 years are finally splitting. Most of the regulars here know some of the story but I have finally had enough. I should be treated better than that. I deserve someone who WANTS to be with me and not wants to waste time with me. While I am going to be jealous, sad, angry, & god knows what else I'll feel. I am happy to let him go. I vow to NEVER let this happen again. I've kept him only because I guess I hoped he would eventually come around and want to be a couple but in the past months, I've realized that things are actually only getting worse.

I already feel relieved that it's going to be over. Wish me luck tonight, 9:30PM EST begins "the talk".

What is your definition of "commit"? If you mean be committed to the relationship then I agree with you. If you mean committed to marriage, I think a year could be a little short.

That being said, best of luck on your talk and I hope it all works out for you. It is great to take control of your life before someone else does.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:11 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,991 times
What did the barber say? "NEXT!"

Old 04-03-2012, 04:18 PM

356 posts, read 830,009 times
I forgot how picky you CD people are! by commit I do NOT mean marriage or engagement, the man ran at the slight mention of the L word. Flowers? Being Thoughtful? DOES NOT EXIST. He figures us as a casual relationsihp that is going nowhere, no mention of sharing an apartment, sharing a life in the future, nevermind engagement. The word sorry doesn't exist in his vocabulary - only "you should have done this" everything was my fault and i had no problem admitting it, but as soon as I do, i open the invitation for him to step all over me and I'll be DAMNED to hell if I let a man do that.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:24 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Good Luck OP.. I hope everything works out for you...

Old 04-03-2012, 04:40 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,003,779 times
I would say "Aidious amigo".
I think you have too much going for you. And time.

Happy trails.

HW my 2cents. + you look great.++

Old 04-03-2012, 04:42 PM

428 posts, read 900,585 times
Quote:
I forgot how picky you CD people are! by commit I do NOT mean marriage or engagement, the man ran at the slight mention of the L word. Flowers? Being Thoughtful? DOES NOT EXIST. He figures us as a casual relationsihp that is going nowhere, no mention of sharing an apartment, sharing a life in the future, nevermind engagement. The word sorry doesn't exist in his vocabulary - only "you should have done this" everything was my fault and i had no problem admitting it, but as soon as I do, i open the invitation for him to step all over me and I'll be DAMNED to hell if I let a man do that.

Girl you are so much better off... Good luck with the talk and hang in there...

Old 04-03-2012, 04:53 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Glad you're getting out of that situation. I remember your past posts and our DMs about it. There are plenty of other fish in the sea!

Old 04-03-2012, 04:57 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
Sounds like commitment is the least of your worries. Good luck in a happier life without him.

I don't remember your previous posts. Was there any indication that he wasn't looking for a commitment in the beginning?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships