Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:50 AM

Location: I'm at the intersection waiting for the stop sign to turn green.
22 posts, read 70,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
is your brain. When removed from the equation (marriage) you will always get the wrong answer. Doing the same thing over and over and expect different results is a definition of insanity.... and Robbie the robot said... "danger Will Robinson....danger"!!
Communication has very little to do with words... it has everything to do with.... the ability to invoke feelings. OK.... going out on the proverbial "stupid said this" limb

Women need to feel lovely ... Men need to feel respected... and in that order. Easy to say... hard to do.

You must define what lovely means to you as well as what respect means. If a woman has no self respect, then how can she give the very thing he needs? and if a man is not capable of expressing love... then how can he give her what see so desperately needs?
Wow! That's deep!
I appreciate getting such good advice from so many different people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 11:51 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charms4him View Post
Originally Posted by loose cannon
Sex is overrated and a outright display of animalistic tendencies that should be kept in check. I really could deal with a low sex relationships as in maybe once or twice a month. And, I despise women who moan. Classy, respectful women just lay there and smile.

All I can say is you have got to be kinding!!!
Can someone say he's got no smack in the sack?
I'd lay there to and just smile if I was bored out of my mind!

Old 09-21-2007, 03:14 PM

119 posts, read 456,973 times
Quote:

Sex is overrated and a outright display of animalistic tendencies that should be kept in check. I really could deal with a low sex relationships as in maybe once or twice a month. And, I despise women who moan. Classy, respectful women just lay there and smile.
HAHA...I've just layed there and smiled before because there was nothing else to do and I didn't want to offend him. It was horrible. What would I do if my spouse decided to abstain from sex with me? Most likely find a divorce lawyer because something is wrong. I do believe there is a certain level of reduced sex after marriage, but to completely so no to my spouse? That is not happening.

Old 09-21-2007, 03:24 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,650,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDayInSomewhere View Post
HAHA...I've just layed there and smiled before because there was nothing else to do and I didn't want to offend him. It was horrible. What would I do if my spouse decided to abstain from sex with me? Most likely find a divorce lawyer because something is wrong. I do believe there is a certain level of reduced sex after marriage, but to completely so no to my spouse? That is not happening.
I just wanted to clarify, his wife was not saying completely no. Perhaps you should re-read his first post.

And, I have to say that if you are going to run to a divorce lawyer "because something is wrong", you may want to evaluate how compassionate you are as a spouse in general. Marriage may not be for you if you can't think of anyone but yourself.

Old 09-21-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I just wanted to clarify, his wife was not saying completely no. Perhaps you should re-read his first post.

And, I have to say that if you are going to run to a divorce lawyer "because something is wrong", you may want to evaluate how compassionate you are as a spouse in general. Marriage may not be for you if you can't think of anyone but yourself
Ummm...maybe YOU should re read the original question. He did began to wonder what he would do if his wife decided to abstain from sex and asked what we would do. If the "something is wrong" is so bad that we are going to be unhappy and miserable with each, you bet I will see a divorce lawyer. We'd try counseling too but if it doesn't work, it's not worth living in hell over. I've also noticed that a huge reason for a man abstaining from sex from his wife is because he has a little skank on the side...I wouldn't live with that. A man can also have "problems" and that would be NO reason to divorce over.

P.S. You are right...marriage isn't for me at all.

Old 09-21-2007, 03:48 PM

283 posts, read 1,384,516 times
Maybe she has genital warts or herpes from an extramarital affair?

Old 09-21-2007, 03:57 PM

Oh,yes...definately a reason for a divorce IMO.

Old 09-21-2007, 03:58 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,650,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDayInSomewhere View Post
Ummm...maybe YOU should re read the original question. He did began to wonder what he would do if his wife decided to abstain from sex and asked what we would do.
I stand corrected. You are right, my apology to you on that. I have been fighting a sinus infection for over a week now and I think it has clogged my brain. Beth

Old 09-21-2007, 04:01 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-in-Arlington-Heights View Post
Maybe she has genital warts or herpes from an extramarital affair?
That did happen to a friend of mine. Not pretty!

Old 09-21-2007, 04:03 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,371,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Can someone say he's got no smack in the sack?
I'd lay there to and just smile if I was bored out of my mind!
Thats great! I couldn't agree more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships