Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 03:59 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times

Advertisements

Do you know any woman whose been a b*tch since childhood? Or do you know some guy who was an ass since childhood? I thought it would be interesting to discuss because I personally don't believe people change unless they chose to. And I believe the way people are is exactly their personality since they were kids. And I believe there are some people who have been jackasses their whole lives. Mainly because their parents and people around them let them get away with it. So their personality stuck. Got any stories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 04:04 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
IMO genetics play a huge part in character. My daughter is just like her grandmother. I have friends who say the same thing about their kids and grandkids. Often the grandkids are strongly like a great grandparent aunt or uncle who is long deceased.

Kinda spooky.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:11 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Do you know any woman whose been a b*tch since childhood? Or do you know some guy who was an ass since childhood? I thought it would be interesting to discuss because I personally don't believe people change unless they chose to. And I believe the way people are is exactly their personality since they were kids. And I believe there are some people who have been jackasses their whole lives. Mainly because their parents and people around them let them get away with it. So their personality stuck. Got any stories?
Yes, abso-frickin-lutely. Both girls and guys. It happens because (1) people fawned over them and they felt they didn't need to expend energy, (2) they became like one, or both, of their parents who were a-holes, (3) they joined a circle of friends where this was encouraged, and/or (4) if they were smart, they would step over anyone to get where they were going, oftentimes just like their parents. When they experience a setback, it's very difficult to have empathy for them. Until that happens, they are generally not humbled.

People DON'T change much. I think personality is, to a large degree, genetic.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:16 PM

733 posts, read 1,664,023 times
Don't know anyone for that long, but I have met some messed-up kids, I hope they grew out of it. Being a jerk at an early age often spells trouble.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:23 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,964,579 times
I have a friend and she is a B*ITCH, but that's just who she is. Many people can't stand her but we get along because I know deep down she is a good person but you just can't be a punk when dealing with her.

What's funny is kids love her and adults can't understand why.. Sometimes in life you just have to take people as they are.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:47 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I actually found myself giggling over this post at 5:41 am on Easter Sunday morning. I usually wake up early most mornings and read thru the blogs with my coffee. Been a habit since I quit smoking..anyhow, this post made me laugh. Of course we all know at least woman who is a b*tch and a few guys who make fools of themselves and still do. I think I giggled because I know more than a few people who fit into these slots and don't we all?? Stories..you betcha as I am 64 years old and have been married 3 times. First husband drunk, smoked pot, chased women and I was an ASS for staying with him for 12 years so I guess you can say I fit into your two categories pretty good. I did date after I divorced him and this is where I ran into the BIG jerks. One guy didn't know how to dress properly, talked off colored around other women and would walk up on any guy he met like they had been friends for years..would get right in their faces when he talked..stayed with him 5 years too long. He was loud, obnoxious and afraid I wanted his money...duh...what money?? Am I married now? YUP and have finally found a great guy. Took a while. Why?? So, so busy getting rid of the deadwood and learning my lessons the hard way. Thanks for the giggle this morning.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:43 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
I have a friend and she is a B*ITCH, but that's just who she is. Many people can't stand her but we get along because I know deep down she is a good person but you just can't be a punk when dealing with her.

What's funny is kids love her and adults can't understand why.. Sometimes in life you just have to take people as they are.

You'll probably find those people don't like her because she can see straight through their bs.

I'm like your friend. It's a hard road at times.

Kids love me too...because kids don't have any bs.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:25 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,919 times
my cousin has been a little evil runt since the day she was born and it hasn't changed the only thing has gotten worst is how much more dangerous she is now that shes bigger.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
My grandfather, I love him but yeah he is a mean oldman.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:33 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
I don't hang out with too many people from my childhood, and the ones that I do, why would I still be hanging out with them for 20+ years if they were a-holes?

But I do know people who are a-holes now. No idea how they were like as children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships