Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 05:27 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,188,268 times

Advertisements

I've read many threads on this forum. Many of them are about not being able to find someone to be involved with.

As I read the threads, they always lead back to the reason why many of you are single: someone cannot meet your standards.

That seems to be an ongoing theme.

I've noticed just about all of you that have standards, 100% of the time, you point fingers at the other person(s). It never seems to be YOU. It's always "them". "They" don't meet your standards.

My question is, are you your biggest obstacle for being single?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 06:07 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,793,856 times
I think everyone is their biggest obsticle to a relationship because, just by nature, making two people happy (yourself and someone else) is more problematic than making just one person (yourself) happy. Other people are just added variables in the equation of our happiness. They make that equation more complex. People are going to be different and have different needs and we are not always going to match with others.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:22 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,188,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
I think everyone is their biggest obsticle to a relationship because, just by nature, making two people happy (yourself and someone else) is more problematic than making just one person (yourself) happy. Other people are just added variables in the equation of our happiness. They make that equation more complex. People are going to be different and have different needs and we are not always going to match with others.
Oh no...........don't answer with "everyone". You can't speak for me or anyone else.

I said are YOU............your biggest obstacle.

That means YOU.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:58 AM

109 posts, read 128,457 times
Am I the biggest obstical to getting a date? Well, it isn't my standards, I'm somewhat lax about them save for the girl being a religious zealot, a druggie, obese, or has kids. Beyond that screaming process, I've found plenty of nice girls to pick from, and quite a few that I really like. Granted, none of them responded yet, but oh well.

Now if I had to pick a reason I directly influence my chances of getting a date, it's that I don't run into many people my own age where I live, it old timers central out where I live. I've been planning to fix this, though I'll admit I have no idea where to start looking, or even if people would want to talk at those places. I've noticed a lot of older people being more open to communication than younger people. It's kinda odd when you think about it.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:01 AM

399 posts, read 581,848 times
I'd say yes because I am aware that I don't want a relationship at this point in my life as I know it will derail me from what I want to do, even if that person or I don't mean to. I feel that true love ought to complement a person's journey. Now, in real life, I have no prospects. I'm not attracted to anyone and I don't know of anyone who's attracted to me. And because of the experiences I've had with "online relationships", I don't want them, feel like they drain me psychologically and so it's a no no to me at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships