Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 12:22 PM

460 posts, read 671,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think that anyone who takes their wife out and she spends time at the bar visiting with other guys and making friends with all the bartenders has a reason to feel insecure. I'm wondering what the OP is doing while she is conversing with the other guys. She appears to need more attention than the OP can give her.
Maybe she's being friendly? I'd be more concerned if she was bar hopping without the OP, but since he's there....Seems a little silly to pick up your cheating partners while your spouse in sitting right there. lol

Old 04-25-2012, 12:59 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,335,318 times
I love it when my wife dresses sexy. How else should she dress. Then again my wife is sexy. She likes to look good and she takes care of her self. I think that some women may dress to impress other women though more than to try and get the attention of other men. My wife seems to be more or less like that.

For me I love to be surrounded by beautifull people and things. As an example I love the look of a Ferrari. Still I wouldn't run over and get my hands all over the car. I respect the car and the effort that it took to acquire the car. The same goes for a woman that is dressed sexy.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:02 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,156,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southshorelady View Post
I love a good occasion to look sexy (not TRASHY). My husband likes it too. I like it because I love to look good period. My husband is a successful and handsome man and I like his coworkers and friends to think, "Damn he did good for himself." Is that shallow? Perhaps. I also like what happens later....
Nicely said.

Complimenting...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
So I've had this conversation a few times with my wife regarding dressing sexy when we go out. She says she likes to dress sexy both for me and for her. She claims she is not doing it so other guys will look at her, but she does realize that sort of comes with the territory. She thinks that I would like that other guys are looking at her, as that would indicate they are jealous that she's with me and not them. I have a different perspective in that I look at it from what I think of girls that are dressed sexy and are with their man. I automatically think they are trying to attract the attention of other men. So I think it is somewhat disrespectful towards the spouse/bf. Because I have a negative opinion of him in that his wife/gf is not interested in him enough so she has to get attention from other sources.

I'm interested in what both men and women's opinions are regarding this. It may be important to note that my wife and I are both reasonably well fit and attractive. And the sexy attire I'm talking about is not over the top, cleavage hanging out, but like mini-skirt, tight top, heels. Sexy, but in a classy way.
The short answer is that one or both of you have emotional problems.

If you are not insecure, then you are jumping to invalid conclusions. There's nothing wrong with people dressing up. It makes them feel good, or perhaps it's part of an image that they wish to maintain. It would be hypocritical to be okay for a man to dress sharply, while his wife is in sack-cloth. I mean, she's a wife, not a nun.

I am disturbed by your wife's comments. She sound like an attention-seeker, or a game-player, trying to play you to get a rise out of you, which doesn't bode well for the long term prospects of your marriage (even more so if she dyes her hair a different color, because that is typically an indicator of self-esteem issues).

Of course, you knew all this before you got married, right?

I mean she didn't just start doing this yesterday (and if that happens to be the case, then your suspicions may be well founded -- ie she is looking).

I guess the question is if it didn't bother you before you were married, why does it aggravate you now?

Dressing sharply...

Mircea

Old 04-25-2012, 01:06 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,265,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The short answer is that one or both of you have emotional problems.

If you are not insecure, then you are jumping to invalid conclusions. There's nothing wrong with people dressing up. It makes them feel good, or perhaps it's part of an image that they wish to maintain. It would be hypocritical to be okay for a man to dress sharply, while his wife is in sack-cloth. I mean, she's a wife, not a nun.

I am disturbed by your wife's comments. She sound like an attention-seeker, or a game-player, trying to play you to get a rise out of you, which doesn't bode well for the long term prospects of your marriage (even more so if she dyes her hair a different color, because that is typically an indicator of self-esteem issues).

Of course, you knew all this before you got married, right?

I mean she didn't just start doing this yesterday (and if that happens to be the case, then your suspicions may be well founded -- ie she is looking).

I guess the question is if it didn't bother you before you were married, why does it aggravate you now?

Dressing sharply...

Mircea

I was nodding in agreement until I got to the part about dying her hair a different color. I don't think that has anything to do with the price of rice in China, much less self-esteem. It's just another element of fashion, nothing more.

Also, I can't assume she's trying to get a rise out of him. It sounds like she's just aware that people will notice her.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:08 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,151,858 times
@southshorelady
@Yzette
@amanda0808

I can't give any of you any more rep' but i would if i could. Your advice on this thread has been good sound stuff and i hope the OP takes it.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:24 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
why do you keep on polluting this thread with your nonsense?
So, if I think (my opinion) that a woman would be treated more respectfully, if she dresses with class, I'm polluting? Real women don't have to be told this, and would never be opposed to it. Mod cut: personal attack.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-25-2012 at 02:09 PM..

Old 04-25-2012, 01:37 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,747 times
Some of these females need to stop playing themselves. We all know you can wear whatever you want. But, you also realize that dressing provocatively is gonna draw unwanted attention. We both know that won't change. So, tell me anything you'd like, because at the end of the day, you're still gonna get unwanted attention. You'll never control how others react. *lol*

Old 04-25-2012, 03:02 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,051,946 times
Thank you to those who stayed on topic and gave helpful commentary and advice to the OP. Whether OP takes the advice is up to him.
The thread is closed because it got way off topic and turned into a bicker fest.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships