Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 12:18 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,960,190 times

Advertisements

I just noticed just browsing this relationship section there are many people currently being dogged out but they don't see it. They explain their stories but the majority of people so compassion in their advice when many of the readers know the poster should leave the fool (man or woman)..

The Main Ingredient-Everybody Plays The Fool - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 01:31 AM

773 posts, read 1,259,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Here's a strange, but not uncommon phenomenon. How can this be explained? Who goes charging off to be with a stranger, throwing away everything? Are these immature men who do this? Were the marriages already rocky or in the doldrums? Is it that pure fantasy takes over? Do the women email photos of their bodies, or what?
Don't I wish I knew! That's the thinking of a lovestruck 14-year-old.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:04 PM

639 posts, read 828,067 times
we've all fallen into that Ring of Fire from time to time

Old 04-27-2012, 02:18 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,922 times
Sad thread!

My exhusband cheated on me with a dispatcher at his work (yeah - he's a cop). I always thought there was something going on, but he insisted there wasn't. He told me I was crazy, jealous, insecure, and just wanted to control his life and who he could be friends with. I was right about everything! It takes a long time to get over being lied to by someone you loved and trusted.

It amazes me how some people can treat others and not even seem to feel any remorse for it.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:22 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,264,809 times
A beautiful website that lists open cases in Maryland courts revealed someone who claimed to be a widower as someone who was really in the middle of a messy divorce in which his spouse also had charges of domestic violence against him.

Silly me for believing someone who said his wife DIED. After seeing the cases, all I could think was, "Maybe he wanted her dead, so he tried to kill her."

Glad to be rid of that one, boy howdy. Also, it's just more testimony to the fact that the gut doesn't lie. Something told me to look him up. Good thing I did.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:40 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,005,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Sad thread!

My exhusband cheated on me with a dispatcher at his work (yeah - he's a cop). I always thought there was something going on, but he insisted there wasn't. He told me I was crazy, jealous, insecure, and just wanted to control his life and who he could be friends with. I was right about everything! It takes a long time to get over being lied to by someone you loved and trusted.

It amazes me how some people can treat others and not even seem to feel any remorse for it.

Don't worry, payback is a b e e o t c h!!!

Old 04-27-2012, 02:55 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
A beautiful website that lists open cases in Maryland courts revealed someone who claimed to be a widower as someone who was really in the middle of a messy divorce in which his spouse also had charges of domestic violence against him.

Silly me for believing someone who said his wife DIED. After seeing the cases, all I could think was, "Maybe he wanted her dead, so he tried to kill her."

Glad to be rid of that one, boy howdy. Also, it's just more testimony to the fact that the gut doesn't lie. Something told me to look him up. Good thing I did.
This is what those internet background-check companies are for. You can run a criminal background check on people.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:08 PM

67 posts, read 112,856 times
How many of you run criminal background checks on people you are dating? Just curious...maybe that's the thing I need to be doing. Also what sites do you use? /taking notes

Old 04-28-2012, 07:13 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
The way to do it is to get the company's free sample service, unless you plan to run a number of checks. I think it's PeopleSmart that makes a pitch as if joining only costs X, but then after you join, you find out you still have to pay separately for every check you run. I don't know if they all do that, but someone posted a critique of one of the companies, saying it's deceptive advertising.

Bear in mind that if you run a check and it comes up clear, that doesn't mean you can completely let your guard down. It only means that nothing is on the record.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:18 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
I just noticed just browsing this relationship section there are many people currently being dogged out but they don't see it. They explain their stories but the majority of people so compassion in their advice when many of the readers know the poster should leave the fool (man or woman)..

The Main Ingredient-Everybody Plays The Fool - YouTube
Huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships