Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 03:28 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,168,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
In the beginning, I wasn't looking for anything serious since I just split up with my ex and neither was he. But as time has gone on, I've begun to see myself in a relationship eventually. Emotionally and physically, my ex and I have been over for a long, long time.
it doesnt mean he has to be comfortable with that arrangement
very few people would be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 03:29 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,168,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's an excuse. If it weren't that, he'd come up with something else. He's made himself clear; he said it's not a "relationship" for him, because he hasn't "fallen" for you. So by ruling out a relationship, then by default he has defined it as FWB. You deserve true love. Move on.
he might not have "fallen" for her anyway but nobody is going to fall for someone sharing bedroom with an ex bf

Old 05-05-2012, 03:29 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
I would say 3.5 months is plenty of time. And honey, it's not a relationship....he told you that. He was your rebound guy. Now you're ready for a relationship with someone.
This is gold!

Old 05-05-2012, 03:41 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,399 times
Quote:
Do you think that me living with my ex is causing a hiccup, or do you all think that if he really liked me, that wouldn't be an issue at this point (3.5 months into the relationship)?
I think that your current living relationship is unusual at best and that you are trying to jusitify the behavior of your new "sex" partner. Let him go, he is just using you for sex.

Edit
So, I guess that your living arrangement has changed...does that change anything...NO...he is just playing you for sex...you are beating a dead horse...give up and move forward with your life.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:50 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,256 times
I have been there. It did not end well. However ,I did not follow my gut , which also said to leave 4 months in I got I love you but not in love with you. I kept nagging about it. If you don't talk the relationship to death , you may be ok here. This added to my insecurity so that didnt help (hearing ily but not in love)
Thing is , this didn't even come up until 10 months in intbe relationship before tbat. At that oint I got an I love you sometime-as in sometimes he did , sometimes he didn't.However , I let it go and this man married me and was madly in love with me IN TIME.
You have to figure out if you're dealing with a committer or non committer - does this man WANT to be in love or does he self protect from that? Or , does he not want to be in love withYOU ,if not wanting to be in love id the problem. Either way , if he's not open to falling , or open to falling with you , same end result.
Timing can be a factor , too. Maybe just too soon.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:54 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
As long as you are sharing a bed/house with the ex, you are not going to get a self respecting dude to fall in love with you. No way, no how.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:57 PM

58 posts, read 127,432 times
Quote:
In the beginning, I wasn't looking for anything serious since I just split up with my ex and neither was he. But as time has gone on, I've begun to see myself in a relationship eventually. Emotionally and physically, my ex and I have been over for a long, long time.
If neither of you guys were looking for anything at the jump, then maybe he's been static, while your mindset has changed.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:05 PM

349 posts, read 459,881 times
Your ex boyfriend was at first living in the same room with you, now he has his own room in the same house. Why do you have this arrangement? Could one of you move out and live somewhere else? The fact that you two are living together will always be a barrier to any relationships that you will be involved with in the future. I would think that it would be awkward have your date come over and your ex is in the same house.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:15 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
You need to not live in a house with your ex before you expect anyone with sense to get serious with you.

And I'd also say that as weird as the situation is, if there was really passion there he'd feel it anyway. People fall for folks they shouldn't all the time. No amount of "not a good idea" can stop the heart, especially for someone you've been talking to for hours a day and sleeping with for months. If anything he would have been on you to get away from the ex because he was falling for you.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:24 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffeGal View Post
Your ex boyfriend was at first living in the same room with you, now he has his own room in the same house. Why do you have this arrangement? Could one of you move out and live somewhere else? The fact that you two are living together will always be a barrier to any relationships that you will be involved with in the future. I would think that it would be awkward have your date come over and your ex is in the same house.
I know this is going to sound like an excuse and be super hard for anyone to believe who doesn't live in the DC/VA/MD area, but housing is super expensive here. I moved to VA to be with my now-ex and found a great job. A one-bedroom in a decent (not rich, just not in the slums) area is upwards of $1,200, which I can't really afford on my salary with bills, etc. I COULD try to find roommates, but they would be complete strangers as I don't know anyone in the area and I'm so wary of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships