Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2012, 01:05 AM

4 posts, read 15,224 times

Advertisements

What is your method for trying to find your perfect match? Are you guys picky and just message women who are extremely attractive or somewhat out of your league? How often do you you guys get winks and messages from women you find attractive. Also is there a specific criteria most women have to meet in order for you message or wink back at them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 05:16 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
i just finished up a one-month subscription with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelGirl97 View Post
What is your method for trying to find your perfect match?
go to bars. meet friends of friends. start conversations with strangers.

but you mean online? i treat it like a game, where the object is to convince the person you two should meet.

Quote:
Are you guys picky and just message women who are extremely attractive or somewhat out of your league?
Extremely attractive? Nah, I have only seen a handful of extremely attractive women online.

As far as your other question, I don't really know what my "league" is anymore, TBH.

Quote:
How often do you you guys get winks and messages from women you find attractive.
almost never, and i get a fair amount of them.

Quote:
Also is there a specific criteria most women have to meet in order for you message or wink back at them?
i have to be interested.

Last edited by le roi; 05-07-2012 at 05:32 AM..

Old 05-07-2012, 06:00 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
I met my ideal partner on match, met some very nearly ideal matches, and also made some marvelous, lasting friendships.

After quickly learning that initiating contact almost never worked, I greatly improved my profile and let those women who were interested contact or wink at me. I would always reply, even when not interested. I think I had very high standards, and some that were unusual, so I tried to attract those women specifically, and it worked. My criteria probably aren't the same as most, but the ones I'm sure everyone shares is some sense of attraction based on photos (though I did meet many who had none), profile information indicating compatibilities, and writing style.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:27 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
After quickly learning that initiating contact almost never worked, I greatly improved my profile and let those women who were interested contact or wink at me.
must have been one hell of a profile improvement. what did you do differently?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:21 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
must have been one hell of a profile improvement. what did you do differently?
That's a trade secret! LOL

Very simply, I kept revising it based on the responses I got, to try to attract women closer to my preferences. It was very important to use good writing style, humor, a positive attitude, and balanced amounts of information about me versus what I sought. Oh, and several good, clear, "normal" photos helped a bit.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:22 AM

674 posts, read 1,161,540 times
Most men aren't picky on a dating site. At least not after a few months of zero dates. Basically, once a man realizes the ratio, he'll just email any girl that is slightly attractive to him and isn't fat. Some guys will just email every single woman and if/when they get a response THEN they'll decide if they're interested in chatting further.

I, personally, just used to search women who were not overweight, somewhat interesting profiles (could write a complete sentence), was fairly cute/attractive, and was shorter than me. I used the height requirement because I got ZERO reponses from women who were close to my height or slightly taller. I didn't have a problem with their height, but I figured most women do so I didn't see it being worth the effort to message them.

I almost NEVER got winks, excempt from really really huge women.

I never liked match, I never had much success with it. At least the dates I did get I found the women to be low caliber, and somewhat disrespectful.

I then went the free site route as I was unemployed for a few months and used OKCupid. I had a little better results, met my ex-gf but the other dates were about as low quality as match.

I think I liked eharmony the most. I only ended up dating one woman from that site, but I got to communicate and talk to quite a few in a short time which allowed me to rule some out and determine that there wasn't much connection before even wasting time on a date with them. I liked eharmony because as a man approaching 30 with a busy career and social life....I don't have time to read your profile and think of an interesting email to send you. Eharmony would let me view her pictures, browse her profile very quickly, and then I could simply click a button if I was interested and then it was out of my hands. I liked that. Little effort on my part required in what I call the "pre-reciprocation stage", meaning: if I don't have any idea if you're even interested in me or even active on the dating site, I really don't have the time to spend on trying to court you or gain your interest. Life is too short and I have much better things to do with my time. Most women pass guys like me up because they obviously feel they can do much better....I say let them keep searching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships