Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 04:10 PM

31,077 posts, read 22,130,979 times

Advertisements

The one that I keep see popping up that I always see is related to age range. There are some women that say they are looking for man 18-99. Which to me says they were 1) too lazy to fill it out. or 2) open to seeing anyone. The two that usually have me not responding are the ones that say 38 yo female looking for 20-40 yo male. Or 38 yo female looking for 37-39 year old male.

Why in the world would I want to date a 38 yo woman who would date a 20 year old? It may be a posting mistake but if she was able to select the 40 she could have easily checked 30 not 20.

In case two: Do you really have a realistic view of finding someone 1 year older or one year younger?

There are other flags that pop up but this is usually the first thing you see depending on the site your on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 04:46 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,742,212 times
Well personally I think women should select whatever the hell they want on basically everything, because that's what men are doing & they're not doing you any favors or cutting you any slack. (But you already knew that)....

I used to put 23 to 38 or something like that, 40 at the most. What's wrong with that? Also how come you have an issue with the women who put 20 year old if that's what she wanted? I used one dating site and majority of the men put preference for 19 - 27 and they were 45, 47 etc .

Old 05-07-2012, 04:54 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,685,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
The one that I keep see popping up that I always see is related to age range. There are some women that say they are looking for man 18-99. Which to me says they were 1) too lazy to fill it out. or 2) open to seeing anyone. The two that usually have me not responding are the ones that say 38 yo female looking for 20-40 yo male. Or 38 yo female looking for 37-39 year old male.

Why in the world would I want to date a 38 yo woman who would date a 20 year old? It may be a posting mistake but if she was able to select the 40 she could have easily checked 30 not 20.

In case two: Do you really have a realistic view of finding someone 1 year older or one year younger?

There are other flags that pop up but this is usually the first thing you see depending on the site your on.
I would assume the 38 year old is open to casual sex eith younger guys. She is probabky a very sexual person.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Well personally I think women should select whatever the hell they want on basically everything, because that's what men are doing & they're not doing you any favors or cutting you any slack. (But you already knew that)....

I used to put 23 to 38 or something like that, 40 at the most. What's wrong with that? Also how come you have an issue with the women who put 20 year old if that's what she wanted? I used one dating site and majority of the men put preference for 19 - 27 and they were 45, 47 etc .
Eww, I don't care what "Other men do" I would not date a 20 year old period. At 32 you would go as low as 23? More power to ya Doll but Even at 32 that sounds pretty young, to me at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I would assume the 38 year old is open to casual sex eith younger guys. She is probabky a very sexual person.
To each there own, but when I was 23 someone that age would be...Old. You see it in the comments here where the young guys will ask "how to bag and older woman". When you say how old? They say "Like 25".

Old 05-07-2012, 07:40 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,687,934 times
Quote:
Eww, I don't care what "Other men do" I would not date a 20 year old period. At 32 you would go as low as 23? More power to ya Doll but Even at 32 that sounds pretty young, to me at least
But don't you know, we lose our looks and are over the hill at 25

Old 05-07-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:

To each there own, but when I was 23 someone that age would be...Old. You see it in the comments here where the young guys will ask "how to bag and older woman". When you say how old? They say "Like 25".

No. I am 32 now. I was probably like around 23 - 25 when I 'attempted' to do online dating. If it were now I would probably say 25 - 42? I guess? I'm not sure what is considered appropriate anymore, LOL.

I didn't realize a 32 year old woman was 'old' anyways until I came here.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
No. I am 32 now. I was probably like around 23 - 25 when I 'attempted' to do online dating. If it were now I would probably say 25 - 42? I guess? I'm not sure what is considered appropriate anymore, LOL.

I didn't realize a 32 year old woman was 'old' anyways until I came here.
Well, from a 20 yo perspective I can see that. From a 40 yo perspective your young.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Well, from a 20 yo perspective I can see that. From a 40 yo perspective your young.

I didn't know it was considered 'old' to anyone except young children. oh well.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:56 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,035,998 times
I am not sure about the full range of 18-99, but my guess is that women (or men) who leave the age range that open just do not want to limit their searches to a specific age, or discourage a specific age from responding to them.

In the example given a 20 y/o and a 38 y/o is a big spread, with questions on compatability of maturity. However, it isn't impossble for these two age people to meet, click, have chemistry, and compatability. Maybe not as likely, but not impossible either.

The other example, searching within a year of your age... it is very limiting. On the other hand, someone within a year or so of your age is going to have a lot of similar experiences growing up. So maybe they find that an important part of compatability. So they want to focus there.

Of course it makes finding someone more challenging, but finding a mr or mrs right is like finding a needle in a haystack. It does no good to settle for a straw of hay, and pretend it is the needle you seek.

When I did online dating, I searched within a couple years of my age. I always found going older, and especially significantly younger left me with maturity and experience compatability problems. So I knew my likely needle was going to be somewhat close in age to myself. I found her too, (well, she found me actually) and I am 3 years older than her.

To each their own in their searches I guess. Just know yourself first, and that will help you know what you are looking for in someone else.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,907,987 times
No I wouldn't want a real young dude either. 5 years younger max or 5 yrs older max.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships