Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2015, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 561 times

Advertisements

Hello

This will be long so I apologise.

I am an 18 year old female still living at home with my parents. We are in the process of moving house and I had been sorting my bedroom out (packing stuff and throwing out rubbish). I had left it for a few days with being busy at work and I'm not going to lie it was a complete mess, there was things all over my bed, clothes everywhere etc etc so I've been sleeping in the spare room until I sort it out and pack it all.

I woke up this morning to my Mum and Dad sat at the front of our house with all of my stuff from my room sorting through it and throwing things away. I wasn't particularly happy with this and tried to express this to my Dad, but before I could even finish what I was going to say he turned around and started shouting at me. I went back upstairs to get dressed, as I was getting dressed I heard my Dad going into my bedroom and getting something so I went through, he had a bag and I told him to leave the bag there and I will come and sort it out when I am dressed, he said no, started shouting at me and pointing his finger in my face calling me a lazy ***** and I wont do it, I always say i'm going to do things but don't apparently. I tried to grab the black bag off of him but it didn't' work. He then started shouting at me asking me if I ''Want to get violent'' I shouted ''no just give me my bag of stuff'', tried to grab it again and he like chest marched me back into the spare room, if that's even a word (he was pushing me into the room with his chest) whilst his finger was in my face and he was shouting at me. I told him to get his finger out of my face and tried to slap it away from my face.

He then picked me up by my arms, chucked me on my bed, sat on top of me and started to strangle me . He was literally strangling me and I felt like my head was going to pop, I couldn't breathe. The thing that scared me so much more was there was literally nothing I could do and I thought I was going to die, I was just laying there wriggling about and screaming. He is a 6ft, 50 year old man, I am 5 ft 5 and weigh about 8 stone. My Mum came running upstairs because she'd heard me screaming and told him to get off me, which he did. By this time I was quite hysterical and was screaming at him, calling him every name under the sun.

I am really sad that it got to that. He's never ever been violent towards me before and I don't understand what happened. I have scratches and bruises all over my arms and some on my neck. It makes me wonder what would have happened if my Mum hadn't come in when she did? like did he actually want to strangle me to death?

We haven't spoken, I've just been sat in my room. I don't know what to do about it, was I in the wrong? do I deserve that?

I don't know what to do or say or how to get past what just happened.

Please help me! thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 12:11 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,182,854 times
Sounds like you are in the UK?
Contact the UK's National Domestic Violence Hotline
for advice.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:15 PM

22,145 posts, read 33,662,879 times
I would call the authorities. He assaulted you and IMO attempted murder. His being your dad doesn't give him a pass.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:22 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,987,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larala View Post
Hello

This will be long so I apologise.

I am an 18 year old female still living at home with my parents. We are in the process of moving house and I had been sorting my bedroom out (packing stuff and throwing out rubbish). I had left it for a few days with being busy at work and I'm not going to lie it was a complete mess, there was things all over my bed, clothes everywhere etc etc so I've been sleeping in the spare room until I sort it out and pack it all.

I woke up this morning to my Mum and Dad sat at the front of our house with all of my stuff from my room sorting through it and throwing things away. I wasn't particularly happy with this and tried to express this to my Dad, but before I could even finish what I was going to say he turned around and started shouting at me. I went back upstairs to get dressed, as I was getting dressed I heard my Dad going into my bedroom and getting something so I went through, he had a bag and I told him to leave the bag there and I will come and sort it out when I am dressed, he said no, started shouting at me and pointing his finger in my face calling me a lazy ***** and I wont do it, I always say i'm going to do things but don't apparently. I tried to grab the black bag off of him but it didn't' work. He then started shouting at me asking me if I ''Want to get violent'' I shouted ''no just give me my bag of stuff'', tried to grab it again and he like chest marched me back into the spare room, if that's even a word (he was pushing me into the room with his chest) whilst his finger was in my face and he was shouting at me. I told him to get his finger out of my face and tried to slap it away from my face.

He then picked me up by my arms, chucked me on my bed, sat on top of me and started to strangle me . He was literally strangling me and I felt like my head was going to pop, I couldn't breathe. The thing that scared me so much more was there was literally nothing I could do and I thought I was going to die, I was just laying there wriggling about and screaming. He is a 6ft, 50 year old man, I am 5 ft 5 and weigh about 8 stone. My Mum came running upstairs because she'd heard me screaming and told him to get off me, which he did. By this time I was quite hysterical and was screaming at him, calling him every name under the sun.

I am really sad that it got to that. He's never ever been violent towards me before and I don't understand what happened. I have scratches and bruises all over my arms and some on my neck. It makes me wonder what would have happened if my Mum hadn't come in when she did? like did he actually want to strangle me to death?

We haven't spoken, I've just been sat in my room. I don't know what to do about it, was I in the wrong? do I deserve that?

I don't know what to do or say or how to get past what just happened.

Please help me! thank you
You need to go to the police.

I'm guessing they found something in your room that set him off.

You have to find out what it is... Drugs, the pill, sex toy??

Old 08-08-2015, 05:44 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,316,353 times
Whatever state/country you are in, contact the DV hotline. If you live in a culture where misogyny is acceptable, you are 18 and it is overdue to move. The worse part is he could have been successful. Forget about trying to figure him out and be clear about what you need to do so you can continue the life you've been provided outside his rule and reach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships