Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:33 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,791,650 times

Advertisements

We are human and we love hanging out with each other. That's about it.

We are highly compatible in personality and that is why we adore being with each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 08:36 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,943,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Nothing, but he does as hes told. Relationship works great for me.
You are hilarious!!!

Old 05-11-2012, 11:32 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,178,431 times
Directed towards the OP..

My SO other and I have a lot in common.
I am a democrat, so he is he ( whew)
He loves all SPORTS..I love BOXING, MMA, football, the other sports I could care less about, he and I like opposing teams however we do not get ugly with each other, he will rub my back when my team is losing or give me a congrats high 5 when my team is winning.
MATTER of fact he just attended the Cotto/Mayweather match at my folks house ( My dad is a boxing fanatic) and it was a family bonding experience.
My dad LOVES him! He sees it as another dude to watch boxing with ( along with my brother in law)
I love to work out so does her
I love indie films and love attending Art houses to view them- He HAD never been until recently and he loves them too! With subtitles and everything!
I love to be around fam, so does he, I hang out with his and he around mine, never awkward.
We love the same music even though I have introduced him to few bands and he surprised me by liking Bon Iver. Major plus for loving folk music.
I could not be more happy, he meshed with me as well as my son and fam….

Old 05-12-2012, 10:02 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,268,734 times
It would seem that my wife and I are polar opposites. Our backgrounds are nothing alike. You name it, we're probably on different wave lengths. I was raised in a loving home with midwest values; she was raised in a dysfunctional home by abusive parents. While I was a busy young executive deeply involved in numerous corporate, community and statewide organizations, she was a west coast hippie deeply engulfed in a purple haze.

Yet we seem to mesh. I think we were both putting our pasts behind us when we met in the middle. We respect each other and, for the most part, the different viewpoints that we have. We each have a healthy sense of humor, enjoy nature and agree on what's important in our lives.

If she'd only become a Bronco fan, our marriage could be perfect.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:24 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,225,943 times
As I was cooking breakfast this morning, unsuccessfully with a bit of bugging out, this thread came to mind. One of the reasons our marriage is successful is due to what we don't have in common. My husband is much more mellow than I. He tempers my fiery Italian side. He really keeps us together in that way; the patience of a saint.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:48 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,402,042 times
Just about everything: same religious views, politics, taste in music, art and sports. Same profession with identical work hours. Both marathoners and hikers, both eat the same foods and both passionate travellers. We both like that same movies, breed of dog and as importantly, we both dislike the same things in life.

The only difference is that he prefers a messy garage and I hate it. But in the scheme of a marriage, that's very minor.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:52 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,211,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
As I was cooking breakfast this morning, unsuccessfully with a bit of bugging out, this thread came to mind. One of the reasons our marriage is successful is due to what we don't have in common. My husband is much more mellow than I. He tempers my fiery Italian side. He really keeps us together in that way; the patience of a saint.
Yeah - my husband really grounds me. He's my rock. He calms me down when I'm freaking out or getting all stressed. I'm a lot more emotional than he is. I don't think things would work as well if I was with someone just like me.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:08 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,225,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yeah - my husband really grounds me. He's my rock. He calms me down when I'm freaking out or getting all stressed. I'm a lot more emotional than he is. I don't think things would work as well if I was with someone just like me.
Yea, two fiery people would get explosive. With that said, I hate that I have an electric stove. I can't really control the temp like I want and I learned how important it is for poaching eggs! What a mess I made. I think my dh is going to get me some egg poachers today.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:10 AM

788 posts, read 1,273,604 times
These answers are fantastic and some are even a little surprising, so thank you all for such great responses! I was kind of worried about not having enough in common with the guy I've just started seeing, but I do think it will be fun to explore each other's worlds and interests. So these responses have really helped me feel better and now I agree that my mom's right in saying I put too many limits on the guys I date - probably why I'm still single! I'm going to stop worrying now and see where it goes with this guy, since we both seem to really like each other. Thanks again!

Old 05-12-2012, 11:16 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,686,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
We are the opposite. I am the calming presence, and he is the one prone to wigging out. He wouldn't last long with a less mellow, unflappable person...two people who stress out all the time's relationship would ultimately self-destruct. My patience helps temper things. Of course, from the opposite viewpoint, my mellowness makes me more passive, and he's the one more likely to get **** done. If were were both like me, there would be some inertia. Different but complimentary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships