Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:12 PM

66 posts, read 123,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Look - you don't need support for things like - he asked me how I was doing. And the key to any relationship is COMMUNICATION. If you have a problem with him - you need to tell HIM. You need to talk it out with HIM. You are not having a relationship with US - you are having one with HIM. WE can't make you feel better about things. WE can't tell you what he's thinking or how he's feeling. You have to talk to HIM. Please - the next time you are upset about something - take a step back. Think about it. Are you getting upset over nothing? If so - let it go. Move on. If you think there is really something wrong - talk to him about it.
Ok I take that suggestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 11:36 AM

12,572 posts, read 15,590,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppsyout View Post
Bf of 2 years called me on phone on his way home( we live togehter), say" hi it's me" so I said hi back, then he said" how are you?"

It felt so wierd to hear that, it just felt so distan

does it feel weird to you guys that your partner greet you as " how are you?"

It is only weird if he calls you by another girl's name.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:40 AM

10,210 posts, read 11,193,431 times
I see nothing wrong with what he said.. Calm down. Be thankful he called you - and asked how you were doing...

Old 05-12-2012, 11:43 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,851,027 times
Quote:
Bf of 2 years called me on phone on his way home( we live togehter), say" hi it's me" so I said hi back, then he said" how are you?"

It does not sound to me as though you are over eating

Are you feeling fat just because he asked you how you are???

I tease....

Sounds to me like you just aren't ready for a relationship. You may still need some time to grow up.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:53 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,617,364 times
OH, major red flags, I think you need to leave him ASAP. Its best if you pack your bags now and run for the border, and never talk to him again. Anyone that would say "how are you" to his girlfriend must be really really sick in the head. He might be a pedophile or inspiring cult leader. Dont walk, RUN!!!

Old 05-12-2012, 12:08 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,161,950 times
Quote:

I got to agree with you on this one. You should think about leaving him. The nerve of some people. Very rude. Seems very insensitive to me.

I usually come home and say, "B tch, where's my damn pot pie!??"

Kidding. Everyone who knows me on here knows that my gf can't cook to save her life!

Old 05-12-2012, 09:19 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,402,721 times
Quote:

My gf texted me a "Sup?" earlier today. I didn't think anything of it. But we've been together about 4 years, and seeing as how you've been with your bf two, I'd consider it a sign that he's comfortable in the relationship, which any way you dice it is a good thing.

Sometimes, I text my gf a "Good morning, beautiful!" and sometimes I just go right into "Hey, don't forget to call so-and-so". No big deal. As is often the case in relationships, interpretation is usually more of a problem than any given behavior in and of itself. Does my gf not run to the door and greet me when I get home because she doesn't love me anymore, or because our toddler has been driving her crazy and she's physically and emotionally spent? Most likely the latter.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:28 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
He shouldn't have asked.... if he REALLY loved her, he would have KNOWN!!!!

Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2012, 10:01 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,814,061 times
How does he usually greet you when he calls?

Old 05-12-2012, 10:04 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,277,635 times
What could possibly be wrong with asking how you are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships