Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 06:32 PM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
I did call. I got voicemail. I never left a msg. I saw her a while later and she was cold, we never spoke again. So yeah, confirmed that she had no interest. She stopped being friendly because she was mad I got her real number. I guess we both learned a lesson: I can't trust women and she shouldn't say yes to guys she doesn't like.
Wow. That's really too bad. At least you tried, but still... it just goes to show how women should be up front if they don't want to give out their number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 06:45 PM

728 posts, read 472,607 times
I mean, I'm speculating that's what she was mad about. What else could it be?

Old 07-24-2016, 06:49 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,538,345 times
Quote:
How Long did it take to call?

And most importantly how was your manner when talking to her mum?..... When she picked the phone up did you at all sound disappointed or slightly angry that it wasn't her?

I'm not saying you were rude or not polite but even the slightest thing and her mum would pick up on it.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:51 PM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Well, yeah, she's probably annoyed and feels awkward that you followed up and contacted her. She probably didn't mind being on a friendly basis with you, but wasn't interested in you as a potential dating partner. Oh well. It happens.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:08 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,640,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
You should have made the first move, so many regrets in life!
agreed. I don't know of a man that wouldn't be ok with a girl expressing interest and wanting to exchange contact info.

That probably would have made his day.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:09 PM

728 posts, read 472,607 times
This is something I've never gotten over. This was 13 yrs ago. I've asked out 1 woman since then. We went to lunch together a couple of times before I had asked her for a real date. It's possible she had a bf, although she never talked about him. She had a kid.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:15 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,538,345 times
Quote:
This is something I've never gotten over. This was 13 yrs ago. I've asked out 1 woman since then. We went to lunch together a couple of times before I had asked her for a real date. It's possible she had a bf, although she never talked about him. She had a kid.
13 YEARS AGO!!!!!

Bloody hell mate

Old 07-25-2016, 10:16 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,928 times
One situation that I really wasn't happy with for a while, happened back in August 2008. Must have been August 18th to be exact, as I clearly remember it being the day after my girlfriend and myself's anniversary, which was August 17th. It had been our 5 year anniversary. We went to the movies (forget what we even saw) and I was walking to restroom and I walked right past this really beautiful girl, who locked eyes with me in a way no girl had before this. At least not just in passing somewhere. I kept wanting to take my eyes off of her but I couldn't. And she gave me this huge smile and as we passed, she continued to turn her head. I did up to a point, then figured "I have a girlfriend, I'm not breaking my neck to look at this girl"

The part that sucks was that later on that night, my girlfriend was mad about something and said she didn't wanna be with me anymore. Me not getting her an anniversary gift was one of them things she was upset about. Despite us never exchanging anniversary gifts, she felt that I should have cared more because it was our fifth anniversary as a couple. We talked things over and made up and everything was fine, until she broke up with me less than 4 months later.

I always thought back to that girl I had that encounter with. I still to this day am not sure if I've had such an encounter. I've had girls look at me but never in the way like it was that day, at least not in passing. Let me stress that I did not wanna cheat on my girlfriend or leave her for this girl, but I was feeling annoyed after we broke up and never getting to even talk to that girl.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:42 PM

3,351 posts, read 1,240,777 times
Quote:
I did call. I got voicemail. I never left a msg. I saw her a while later and she was cold, we never spoke again. So yeah, confirmed that she had no interest. She stopped being friendly because she was mad I got her real number. I guess we both learned a lesson: I can't trust women and she shouldn't say yes to guys she doesn't like.
she was cold because as far as she knows you never called

Old 07-26-2016, 12:01 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,734,114 times
Yes. I met a girl at a club. We danced. She was charming, witty, a great dancer, and also lovely, but i was somewhere else in my mind and body. I left the club shortly after we danced. Once i had worked through what was bothering me (it took a while), i went back to the club, hoping to find her, actually.

And there she was at the bar, smiling at me! We were inseparable until she finished her studies later in the year and returned to her home in Scotland. We wrote back and forth for a while. I never saw her again, but I still have a picture of Katy and a lot of sweet memories.

I vowed never to let this happen again. And I didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships