Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 03:51 PM

270 posts, read 488,031 times

Advertisements

Oooh, I hate this too!! That's the crappy thing about online dating...an average/not great looking guy would have a shot with me out in real life if we met and hit it off. But when I see unattractive pictures of a guy, it just doesn't make me want to go out of my way to meet the guy. I know it's shallow, and I'm sure guys do it to me too, but I generally have to feel really, really good about a guy before I go meet him sooo if he doesn't have many photos, or he has one decent one and the others are crummy, I'm less likely go take the risk...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 04:40 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,209,320 times
I wouldn't be exchanging numbers w/ anyone that I haven't already exchanged pics w/. I think emailing and or messaging should be the thing to do for a couple weeks, then pics....phone calls are way to personal until you have a sense of the person. imo

Old 05-13-2012, 06:23 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I'd say you're pretty shallow. Even celebs have bad pics. Go google 'celebs without makeup.

We're human beings, not wax statues. We're going to look bad some of the time. Imagine him on the other end, dealing with a person who was initially attracted his one pic and then all of a sudden from another pic saying, "Ugh. Not my type."

A bit harsh on her. Because to me, he should have put up pics that ACCURATELY represent what he looks like NOW. He is being deceptive by not doing that, so he should have nothing to say about her current reaction.

We all have the right to like what we like. Im assuming he is emailing her because he likes her picture. If he didnt, he too would be saying 'Ugh..not my type'. Believe that.

Oh well. Maybe next time he will put up accurate pics.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,469,320 times

On-line dating seems like a drag.

[we need TVSG for his input]

Old 05-13-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post

On-line dating seems like a drag.

[we need TVSG for his input]

Havent seen him around in a bit..or maybe im just not on the same threads he is.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:35 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,088,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
A bit harsh on her. Because to me, he should have put up pics that ACCURATELY represent what he looks like NOW. He is being deceptive by not doing that, so he should have nothing to say about her current reaction.

We all have the right to like what we like. Im assuming he is emailing her because he likes her picture. If he didnt, he too would be saying 'Ugh..not my type'. Believe that.

Oh well. Maybe next time he will put up accurate pics.
Why?

Is he a woman now? Then, I can understand why he's not her type.

It's not like he gained 100 pounds. She would have said that. He's just not as good looking as she first thought. That's all.

To me, it's shallow. I realize I'm a rare bird though.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Why?

Is he a woman now? Then, I can understand why he's not her type.

It's not like he gained 100 pounds. She would have said that. He's just not as good looking as she first thought. That's all.

To me, it's shallow. I realize I'm a rare bird though.
Well..unless i misunderstood, it seemed like one pic was quite different from the other. And even though it's the same person, most of us know how there were some years we may have looked much better and differently. Boy have i seen that just recently by looking at older pics of some co-workers. I have seen pics of the same person in different years where its like DAMN--that was YOU??? LOL And u hear of people pulling that type of bait and switch ALL the time with online dating pictures. That is one of the top complaints I believe....that the pics arent accurate. I see your point..same person. But I tell ya......ive seen proof of how different people can look at different times in their lives!

Old 05-13-2012, 08:47 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,496 times
For what it's worth...

I stumbled onto something recently that has turned me off of the online dating sites completely. One of the women I thought sounded interesting also has a picture on the sheriff's website. She was arrested for domestic violence. Then, I got a look at her past arrests, and this sweet, attractive thing has not only been arrested four different times for domestic violence, but also has a few drug charges pending, and driving without a license due to a DUI.

Then, I started seeing other faces from the local dating site that were the same as pictures on the sheriff's website. I see everything from home invasion to armed robbery, but there's nothing like that on the dating site. (In a couple of cases, even the tatooes on the neck matched on both sites.)

So, you folks go ahead and use those dating sites. I'm not looking for any trouble, so I believe I'll just leave those girls completely alone. No dating sites for me.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:54 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,101 times
Quote:
I'd say you're pretty shallow. Even celebs have bad pics. Go google 'celebs without makeup.

Every single woman I have dated has several bad pics floating around. And every woman I have dated has had days where I see them and think, "God, they're hot. I'm so damn lucky" and other days where it's "She don't look so great." But ... it didn't matter 'cuz that ain't why I was dating 'em.

We're human beings, not wax statues. We're going to look bad some of the time. Imagine him on the other end, dealing with a person who was initially attracted his one pic and then all of a sudden from another pic saying, "Ugh. Not my type."

If I were him, I would have no further interest in you on that alone.

That said ... my advice to you is "Get the best you can get". It's what everybody else is doing anyway. If you can do better, by all means, on to the next dating profile.
Well I guess it's a good thing I don't want him.

Look you can't help who you are attracted too. The big issue isn't that the pics were bad, but that he looks like completely different people.

Everyone takes some bad pictures, but everyone doesn't go posting them on dating sites or sending them out. Who wants to broadcast their bad pictures? Sure celebs take bad pictures, but that's not the ones they are posting on their website (that's TMZ).

Last edited by caesarsgirl79; 05-13-2012 at 10:15 PM..

Old 05-13-2012, 09:58 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
That really sucks. Did he look older or fatter in the recent pics he sent than he did in his profile pics or was it something else? Sometimes when a guy only has one pic posted on his profile or they're just low quality pics and I can't really tell what he looks like, I'll ask for additional pics. If I don't like them, I just don't respond anymore. I think that's better than saying, "Sorry, on closer inspection it turns out that I'm actually not attracted to you, but best of luck."

Yes, anyone can take the occasional bad pic, but if someone has simply posted misleading photos and they just don't look like that at all, then that's their fault.
The first one he looked a lot older and just like a completely different person. The second picture was even worse. It was a full body shot and a horrible pictures, from head to toe. He's way bigger, clothes were awful, hair was completely different. The pictures on the dating site had to be really old. We're the same age, but he looks at least 10-15 years older.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships