Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 07:10 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,749,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
See you guys keep talking about "some women can pull it off" implying that they don't look as pretty, but who wants a barbie doll? I think the imperfections are what is sexy.
It's not a case of going all natural or straight Barbie doll/fake looking with nothing in between. Lots of women wear subtle, light looking makeup that improves their appearance but doesn't look fake. As much as I hate to say it, some women simply look much better wearing makeup, but that doesn't mean they'll look good wearing a couple of pounds of the stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 08:59 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,417,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I like the way a girl looks when she is "in the rough" so to speak. No make-up, no lipstick, none of that junk...

Any other guys agree?
Yup. Agree 100%.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:24 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,677 times
Most girls look gross and dowdy without makeup, DC is full of these hippie looking hag types. I love when women look well made up and well groomed. Those women on Survivor wear makeup, it's a pretend show & they don't want to scare viewers.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:51 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,932,345 times
Based on the fact that the human race has survived so long and modern aesthetics are fairly recent, it would make sense that males would prefer "natural" (i.e., even smelly and dirty) females . . . has to be hardwired.

Think back to cavemen days - no diapers for babies, no "sanitary supplies" for females, no soap or toilet paper for anyone . . .for the race to have evolved, there must be a preference for dirty, smelly people.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:24 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,903,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Based on the fact that the human race has survived so long and modern aesthetics are fairly recent, it would make sense that males would prefer "natural" (i.e., even smelly and dirty) females . . . has to be hardwired.

Think back to cavemen days - no diapers for babies, no "sanitary supplies" for females, no soap or toilet paper for anyone . . .for the race to have evolved, there must be a preference for dirty, smelly people.
Thats taking it a bit far, lol.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:58 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,775 times
i look like a crack wh*re with or without makeup so .. i dont think you'd like this ..in any rough in this.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:28 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,432,399 times
In the rough eh? so you like body hair? personally the less hair everywhere on a woman the better. Except on the head

Old 05-15-2012, 03:30 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
I rarely wear makeup, but I do get a lot more attention, strangers are nicer to me (opening doors, servers smile more, strangers start conversations etc), and even my male coworkers treated me better when I wore makeup. Apparently, I look sick/tired when not wearing at least a bit of makeup, so not all women can pull off the 'natural' look.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:00 AM

67 posts, read 112,933 times
I don't like to wear much makeup. Basically what you see is what you get. I see so many woman who must wear a pound of makeup, have their blown pin straight,wearing bras that uber enhance, spanx thingies that suck any pudge in, colored contacts...uhm I could go on..Quite a few women do anything possible to look 'better'. I wonder if when they first get naked/spend night at a new love interest's if he wakes up wondering who the heck is next to him...after all the make-up and body enhancing stuff is off. Since I am not stuck on a deserted island, however though I admit to liking to shave my legs regularly and pedicures are kind of nice too.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:00 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
I agree with the op.

Subtle or no makeup.

This new pancake spatula thing that is so prevalent is just nasty.
Everyone looks so plastic all the time. It's not attractive to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships