Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 08:03 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Very simple, how long would you Be in a relationship with a man before you start to get anxious of him not proposing(married women can chime in also)

Does it matter? Would you stay with a man for 10+ years and be ok just essentially "Playing house"?
I wouldn't want to be in a relationship for more than two years before getting engaged, at this point. I don't want to live with a man before marriage at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 08:05 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
91% of women on CD= 95% of the world?

Most women want to get married, a vast majority, let's be real
That goes for men as well.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:19 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
If I really like this guy and I get the feeling that he's not in it all the way, then not long.
How long is too long?

Old 05-17-2012, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,261 times
I've been with the same person for several years. I want to be married. Obviously, he doesn't. If he wanted to marry me, what is the purpose of waiting? It is just another time when actions speak louder than words.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:27 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Understood View Post
I I want to be married. Obviously, he doesn't.
You think you would have figured this out before wasting "several years"

Old 05-17-2012, 08:32 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,675 times
Yea...I can't understand why get married for a "little peice of sausage" when you can have the whole pig. LOL

I said I'd never marry again as well. But, someone found me that compelled me to feel differently. I don't think I'd have a time limit on a "ring" as long as we loved each other, honest and committed relationship...The time frame wouldn't matter, as long as it was understood that someday we would get married...and we had that, and it was he that wanted us to get married...so we did.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:33 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
How long is too long?
I don't know. It depends on how much time I want to spend with him having a mopey goodbye (I can be really emo sometimes).

Old 05-17-2012, 08:34 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
But it's true, if I'm getting all those benefits, why would I get married?

The only reason I would is because you(the Girl) put some type of pressure on me and I loved you so much that I didn't want to risk losing you so I bite the bullet

That's happens ALOT in relationships.

Guys wouldn't get married if they could just "play house" with their girlfriend

It may be true for you. What are all the benefits your getting? If you get married under those circumstances chances are good you will lose her anyway it might just take a little longer. Honestly I dont know of any of my married friends where the marriage was a result of an ultimatum.

Many guys WANT to get married. They want the same things women do.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:37 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
I think the difference between the real-life men I know and the men on these forums is that the ones I know don't see their partners as sexless, money-leeching, future alimony checks.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:37 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,705 times
Quote:
Very simple, how long would you Be in a relationship with a man before you start to get anxious of him not proposing(married women can chime in also)

Does it matter? Would you stay with a man for 10+ years and be ok just essentially "Playing house"?

I ask because I've seen this scenario a lot of times where the women is in a happy relationship for years then start to get nervous that he'll never propose, often giving him an ultimatum

It happened to a friend of mine who ended up proposing to his GF at 26(wasn't really ready, But he didn't really want to lose her so he bit the bullet)
I think it depends on the woman's age. A 35+ year old woman, for example, does NOT have two years to waste on a man who is actively or passive-aggressively resisting the idea of their marrying. If I'm with a guy and we have discovered we are in love and compatible, then a decent guy would make a move after about 12-14 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships