Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 03:23 PM

331 posts, read 603,442 times

Advertisements

Single Ladies....

What are the first few questions you ask, upon meeting a man in whom you think you may be interested in getting to know better? What are some of the answers you have gotten that are automatic deal breakers?

These are the first questions I ask, regardless:
1) Are you married? Single? Dating anyone? ((Here in memphis, TN cheating men are everywhere))

2) How old are you?

3) How many children do you have?

Some automatic deal breaker answers are:

1) yes, married(seperated or etc don't matter, married is married) "Dating someone, but bored with it", "Living with someone, but looking to move" ETC I could go on and on, bottom line is if he is not 100% single, I'm walking away!!!!

2) Anything under 30 or over 45...in between is all fair game. (I know age is nothin but a number and am all for it, but I got my preferences)

3) Don't want kids....outta the ? I already have them!! OR if he has more than 4! ((Yea, the guy in Knoxville, TN with 30 and counting kids-the females that are still messing with him are NUTS )) Plus with the kids, it depends on situations too (Ie; 4 kids, with 4 different women would be a problem)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 06:24 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbOfMemphisTN View Post
Single Ladies....

What are the first few questions you ask, upon meeting a man in whom you think you may be interested in getting to know better?
I don't ask personal questions like that. If I'm interested in getting to know him better, first I need to know: does he have a brain? And: do we have any common interests, and if so, what are they? I have no interest in personal info until I've determined if I can have an intelligent conversation with him, and if we have anything in common. It takes a couple of dates to get past the introduction stage to the next stage. A quick look at his ring finger at first meeting will tell me if he's available usually, no need to ask in the beginning.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:29 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
I ask about books, favorite places to eat, hobbies, pets. Keep it light the first conversation. Politics, religion and sex will come out in the open soon enough.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:46 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Are you single?

Old 05-18-2012, 08:01 PM

733 posts, read 1,663,883 times
I often ask them if they like to read and to travel (What book are you currently reading? What was the last place you visited (business/pleasure)?), which is basically my way of finding out if they like to learn and if they are adventurous/fun (if you ask them pointblank if they have those qualities, of course they would say yes). Though most people I meet read and travel to varying degrees, so that's not usually a huge obstacle. Those that have absolutely no interests in both of those two activities, I can't see myself being attracted to them.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:11 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't ask personal questions like that. If I'm interested in getting to know him better, first I need to know: does he have a brain? And: do we have any common interests, and if so, what are they? I have no interest in personal info until I've determined if I can have an intelligent conversation with him, and if we have anything in common. It takes a couple of dates to get past the introduction stage to the next stage. A quick look at his ring finger at first meeting will tell me if he's available usually, no need to ask in the beginning.
Do you do a X-Ray scan on the brains? Just make them fill out the personality questions online for matching like OKCupid.
Ring finger does not mean anything. In Asia, ring on third finger right hand is considered married/engaged.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:15 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
I ask:
If he went to college or trade school
interest
hobbies
food he likes
places he has visit or would like to go
religion
movies he likes
cars he likes
sports he likes
if he enjoys cooking
does he swim
has he been in a relationship recently
does he like pets
does he care for art
nationality
does he like children
things he enjoys
favorite sports team or player
and many more.....

Old 05-18-2012, 08:32 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Do you do a X-Ray scan on the brains? Just make them fill out the personality questions online for matching like OKCupid.
Ring finger does not mean anything. In Asia, ring on third finger right hand is considered married/engaged.
Yeah, it means the same thing here, that's the point.
No, I don't x-ray their brains. The quality of the conversation tells me much of what I need to know, brain-wise. I'm not going to hand someone a form to fill out; the getting-to-know-you process is supposed to be enjoyable, not a bureaucratic hoop to jump.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:40 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,596 times
I usually dont have a chance to ask anything. The men I meet seem to love to talk. They ramble on and on and on and all the info comes out eventually.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
I usually dont have a chance to ask anything. The men I meet seem to love to talk. They ramble on and on and on and all the info comes out eventually.
AAAh the Metro-sexual men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships