Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2012, 01:59 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,224,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Again, read your responses.

If you don't like the heat, don't start threads based on arrogance and ignorance.

Im not going to continue with this back and forth. I have no idea what your talkin about but your entitled to your opinion

Why everyone is getting angry about something that is Perfectly normal and is practiced by millions of couples around the world is something I'll never know

And I never started this thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 02:03 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,095,616 times
My wife and I have used condoms. Not sure why there would be a stigma with it.

We use them because my wife starts suffering side effects from the pill, and there really is no reason to put her through them while trying to maintain some kind of birth control.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:04 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,224,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, aside from everywhere, you said you're not in a steady relationship now, so you're using a condom, but when you get back into one, "that will stop".

P.S. The condom does NOT protect you from STD's completely. It only covers part of the genitalia. STD's can and do lurk in the exposed part of the genitalia. Even with a condom, you're playing Russian roulette.

I'm only going off president, every girl I'm ever been in a serious relationship has used birth control(2 of the 3 were on it before me) so when I say " that will stop" I'm only going off on what I'm a costumed to.

I've only seen this anti birth control crusade on the Internet. Its one of the best inventions in the history of the Human race . Changed life as we know it

Old 05-21-2012, 02:04 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,090,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Sorry, Trackwatch, I don't get your point, but my comment wasn't directed at you, anyway.
You must not read all the posts.

Taking drugs for one thing and ignoring the serious side effects .. CLEAR for you now?

I was supporting your position but since you don't seem to want it I take it back.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:11 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,287,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Well obviously your entitled to your opinion, but I find it offensive for someone trying to a tell a 24 year old he isn't mature enough to have sex but I digress

A few points

1. Yes, that's exactly why I wear a condom- Are you assuming that your 2 FWB's are having sex with other guys or do you know for fact that they are?
2. None of my 2 current partners have an STD-for now. You do realize it takes months for symptoms to occur?
3. I would never have unprotected sex with someone who had an STD, even if they were on birth control. I'm not retarded
How do you know they have an STD or not? Just like you have multiple partners, they can too. When you're having sex with these partners, are you wearing a condom at ALL times?

Perhaps you should re-read the point I was making. You can be 24 and not have common sense whereas an 18 year old might. The fact that you're 24 just means you're old enough. What is wrong with the youth today bedhopping with all these benies? Sheesh. Anyway, you said that the reason you wear condoms is because ONE of your 2 FWB's is on the pill but can have sex with other guys so you have to protect YOURSELF. Do you listen to yourself when you speak? YOU have TWO FWB's so wearing the condom protects HER also. You can have multiple partners and these girls shouldn't worry about themselves in contracting an STD? The pill doesn't protect against STD's.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:20 PM

36,860 posts, read 31,142,861 times
Quote:
That's what's probably going to happen. You never know however
Quote:
I'm going to clarify ONE MORE TIME

-Chances are, I'm not going to get married. Like a 95% chance I won't, but nothing is 100% and you never know
-Where in this thread did I say I wouldn't marry someone who didn't use birth control?
-I've never forced or plan to force anyone to use birth control
- I've said I've been in 3 serious relationships so far in my life and all 3 of these women used birth control, and it was no issue. Only on CD is this a big deal, when millions of couples use this and are FINE
- people are making WAAAAAAY to big a deal of this
Its sad that you have such a flipant attitude concerning unplanned pregnancies and having a child out of wedlock. Nothing is 100% and your right you never know but you can do everything possible to control your future (wear a condom). To protect yourself YOU should use BC even if you are in a committed relationship and your gf is on the pill. And BTW condoms are birth control.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:26 PM

15,851 posts, read 35,227,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
If you are in a committed relationship with a partner who still uses condoms does this mean that the person is not serious about you? or that they don't love or trust you? I'm asking because of the comments on here saying that condoms are just for one night stands
Condoms are a perfectly valid, albeit not the best, method of birth control. Now if you are taking birth control pills (or shots or something), and he still uses a condom, I would be suspect.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-21-2012, 03:30 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,176,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
Unless you're married to the other person, you should always use condoms in a relationships. At the end of the day, they don't know what you do and you don't really know what they do.
lol if you have to use condoms in a relationship something is wrong
being married won't change that

Old 05-21-2012, 03:30 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,284,845 times
I wondered how this thread got to so many posts .... looks like someone being intentionally obtuse and those willing to play along ...... that boat is going nowhere

so back to the question at hand .... absolutely for birth control ... i've been with my wife now for close to a decade ... we have a couple kids together and still use condoms ..... a big part of it right now is that there is breastfeeding and you don't want that hormone splash going on

i really don't mind in the least and don't understand how it would be a statement on a commitment level or not

if people have that kind of mindframe/outlook they are better off with manual transmission from their home PCs

Old 05-21-2012, 03:36 PM

102,364 posts, read 108,650,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
You must not read all the posts.

Taking drugs for one thing and ignoring the serious side effects .. CLEAR for you now?

I was supporting your position but since you don't seem to want it I take it back.
I never said I didn't want it. I didn't follow it all, that's all.

People are getting cranky, maybe it's time to wind this thread up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships