Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2012, 03:36 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,168,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
So she should deal with medical side effects like bloating, headaches, nausea, diminished sex drive, breakthrough bleeding, mood swings or risk a stroke because you can't put a condom on yourself?

There are a LOT less side-effects for you. And before you whine about sex not feeling the same...the pill can kill any desire/drive she might have so the pill can pretty much ruin her sex life.

I took the pill briefly, it was great birth control, I never wanted sex. I could have lived my whole life without it. When I'm not on the pill my drive is out of control.

I would LOVE for a male birth control pill to get out on the market with all those same side-effects. I don't think a lot of men would put up with that bullsh-t.

the most irresponsible man in the world would remember to take it at the exact same time every day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 03:38 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
the most irresponsible man in the world would remember to take it at the exact same time every day

LMAO. Yea right. Sure he would. He'd have to be willing to go to the doctor and ASK for it in the first place. Most won't even do that much.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:52 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
At the risk of sounding sexist, even if there were no such thing as STDs, there is no way, no how, I would believe a man who says, "Don't worry, baby, I'm on the Pill."

Each sex has to put up with one thing that just isn't fair in this life. For men, it's the fact that by and large, most of you still have to be the pursuers. You have to work harder to get dates and to get sex, and you have to put yourselves out there and face the prospect of rejection each time you ask.

For women, it's the fact that we are the ones who get pregnant. That means that it is ultimately on us to ensure that we don't, and that means using birth control that we feel comfortable with, and insisting that our male partners either accept our choices or go find someone else.

In my single days, the rule was no glove, no love, even when I was on the Pill. All it takes is one bad stomach flu or antibiotics for a sinus infection to render the Pill useless, and it is just so much easier to enjoy sex when you know you've done everything you can to prevent an unwanted pregnancy.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:07 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I'm only going off president, every girl I'm ever been in a serious relationship has used birth control(2 of the 3 were on it before me) so when I say " that will stop" I'm only going off on what I'm a costumed to.

I've only seen this anti birth control crusade on the Internet. Its one of the best inventions in the history of the Human race . Changed life as we know it
Can you translate this into English? What president? What costume?

Old 05-21-2012, 04:12 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
All it takes is one bad stomach flu or antibiotics for a sinus infection to render the Pill useless,
Wow, the things you learn on this forum! They don't teach this in highschool sex ed!

Old 05-21-2012, 05:06 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wow, the things you learn on this forum! They don't teach this in highschool sex ed!
Yep. And antibiotics are not the only drugs that may decrease the Pill's effectiveness. Certain anti-seizure meds and anti-fungal meds may have a similar effect.

[URL="http://health.msn.com/health-topics/sexual-health/birth-control/birth-control-other-medications-andamp-drug-interaction"]Birth Control: Other Medications & Drug Interaction - MSN Health - Birth Control[/URL]

Also, if you barf up the Pill, it's the same as missing a dose. If you have the runs, your GI tract might not absorb the Pill (or any other medication) properly.
[URL="http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-04-01/news/sc-health-0331-contraception-20100401_1_pill-birth-control-contraception"]
How to Make Birth Control Effective[/URL]

A former coworker of mine got pregnant that way. She took her Pills, but she threw up for three days, and now she and her husband have a daughter.

Last edited by Yzette; 05-21-2012 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: Better sourcing.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:18 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Yep. And antibiotics are not the only drugs that may decrease the Pill's effectiveness. Certain anti-seizure meds and anti-fungal meds may have a similar effect.

Many don't read the novella that comes with your prescription these days, myself, I always read it.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:58 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,657,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
If you are in a committed relationship with a partner who still uses condoms does this mean that the person is not serious about you? or that they don't love or trust you?
No. Crock of BS.

Lot of crap on this thread. Usual for this forum I suppose....

Here, when I was in my mid-20s I had a few-year committed relationship where she took birth control pills AND I wore a condom every time. We didn't have any trust issues in either direction, very much in love (for a while). So why did we do such a crazy thing? Because we absolutely positively didn't want to have a damn kid! Duh. Each of these very effective forms of birth control nonetheless fails 1% (or 2% or 3% or whatever) of the time. Combine them, and it worked very well as it turns out. No oops. Sure, maybe you can have no oops with only one or the other. I've managed to do that too. But there's no harm in being overly cautious. Really. Been there. Done it. No harm. And still good.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:08 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
And your comment is in response to what exactly, in my post?

It's not rocket science so no need to pat yourself on the back for remembering to take a pill everyday.

I took it every night when I brushed my teeth but that didn't tame all the side-effects from it, which was the point of my post that you quoted.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:21 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
No. Crock of BS.

Lot of crap on this thread. Usual for this forum I suppose....

Here, when I was in my mid-20s I had a few-year committed relationship where she took birth control pills AND I wore a condom every time. We didn't have any trust issues in either direction, very much in love (for a while). So why did we do such a crazy thing? Because we absolutely positively didn't want to have a damn kid! Duh. Each of these very effective forms of birth control nonetheless fails 1% (or 2% or 3% or whatever) of the time. Combine them, and it worked very well as it turns out. No oops. Sure, maybe you can have no oops with only one or the other. I've managed to do that too. But there's no harm in being overly cautious. Really. Been there. Done it. No harm. And still good.
Amazing when personal responsibility is such a novelty isn't it?

(good for you!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships