Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 11:57 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,418,652 times

Advertisements

its cause he's angry and/or still bitter about what happened. My ex trash talked all of his exes, especially the girl before me who had been 2 years before me. I mean I'm sure she was as crazy as he says she was since she was the one he trash talked the most..but even then I'm not sure as she was someone he planned to marry so who knows. I even found myself saying to him one day "so...am I crazy too then?"..in reference to him saying all women are nuts and he just said "well no...not yet"...thanks. He definitely trash talked me on social media after our break ups but I just ignored it. If he's anything with his current g/f as he was with me, he probably trash talks me to her too. Poor girl and he should be ashamed of himself, but at least I don't have to deal with it now..she does!

I find that any men that I date, they never ask about my past unless it gets far enough and even then, its a generic "what was your longest relationship?" type of question. I never say much about his character and how our relationship was, that's just too personal and not something I want any date knowing. If I ever get asked why it didn't work out, I'll just simply say "he didn't love me enough to stick around" which is the truth. no need for trash talking. I don't understand prodding into someone's past. My friends insist that knowing about someoen's past will tell you all you need to know about them. umm..noo...who they are today is what you need to know. I think all we need to know about the past, is if this person has ever had a serious relationship, or not as that can speak to who they are in some ways.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 01:08 PM

31,121 posts, read 22,161,436 times
Its is a defensive mechanism. If you still thought highly of the person you would feel a greater sense of loss. Its easier to leave a loser or a tramp, even if its just in your mind.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:12 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,408,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
I think the City Data mods should create a sub-forum for gender generalizations, that way I can avoid threads like this!!

Yes all men trash their ex gf/wives..
Well, we need a few sub-forums for Relationship according to shades of skin color, just like flavors of salsa at your favorite Mexican restaurant, so why not?

Old 06-01-2012, 04:37 PM

1 posts, read 7,991 times
I left my ex because he became controlling. After I left him he reunited with his ex, married her, now they have a baby on the way. This all happened within 3 months. Our break up was extremely bad. It involved me calling the police on him and he got investigated by child protective services. Now 5 months later he is bashing me to people I work with. We both work for a large company with several locations we can both work at periodically. I get calls from ppl in these other locations from ppl tellin me he's trash talking me and bringing up the police Incident. After 5 months why would he still talk about me and what happened if he was now moved on?

Old 06-05-2012, 01:11 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,838,728 times
Thank you all for your input. He is "out of sight out of mind" at this point. I don't deal with head spinning issues for too long. Also, to be honest it could be so many reasons, this is being done..I will never know. The main thing is it doesn't matter because he is not my problem to deal with any longer. Thank you for your input though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships