Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 04:13 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,413,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead360 View Post
This is a complicated story so let me start from the beginning. I've been good friends with this woman(Let's call her Abigail) for two years. During the time I had known her she was in a relationship with a guy (Call him Jacob) for over a year.,Their relationship was on shaky ground due to the fact Jacob was close friends with another girl named Samantha (another friend of mine).

Things happened, and ultimately, Jacob dumped Abigail, claiming he needed time alone. However, a week later, Abigail found out Jacob started dating Samantha. Which really angered her, (Abigail and Samantha hate each other). She yelled at him, and they stopped talking.

Abigail started seeing other guys, but the relationships didn't end well. However, over the past several weeks, Abigail kept talking about this guy and how much she loves me. She wouldn't tell me his name due to the fact "It wasn't the right time" and she didn't want to ruin what was going on. I knew something wasn't right, Abigail NEVER could keep it to herself when she was dating a guy, especially to her friends. Turns out, Abigail was seeing Jacob, ALOT. She told me he texted her and still loved her, and didn't feel that way about Samantha ( He's still dating her btw). She told me they talk everyday, have phone sex and other things.

I told her this relationship was bad, as he basically is using two girls for his own benefit and manipulating them both, but Abby told me she couldn't reject him, he was the only man she couldn't do that to. This is really serious to me because Samantha is a good friend as well to me, and she's been going through some stuff as well.

I don't know what to do, should I keep my mouth shut? Should I just let fate decide the outcome? This seems all wrong to me,
Abigail is going to do what she wants to do. Jacob is going to be as faithful as his options. Samantha will stick around so long as she remains clueless.

Why get caught up in their game? I'm sorry. But, cut your losses (or gains) and leave them be.

You don't want to play a part in their drama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 10:49 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,449,410 times
if it was a good friend i would have no issues telling that i know something is up and why. dont want to be around me anymore because i spoke the truth, that's too bad im fine not being friends with you if that's what you want. im just the messenger i dont have to play any other role after the message has been delivered

Old 01-04-2013, 01:34 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,793 times
If a person is willing to cheat they should be willing to handle the consequences and I will tell every time without fail if I know that it is unquestionably true. If the friendship is over then there was little there to begin with and little to lose because of it.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:00 AM

49 posts, read 41,760 times
The underlying issue in all of this is that you are single.

Single girls tend to have no dramas so they focus on their friends and gravitate towards these scenarios. As others have mentioned in this thread if you are serious about improving your life and meeting like minded individuals that share the same values DROP THEM ALL. You are wasting your time.

But I know you won’t let this go because you can’t live without dramas. My advice would be to take some time out and reassess your own life, ask yourself why am I burdening myself with this when it isn't my creation?

If that’s the crowd you choose to surround yourself with it reflects poorly on yourself.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:14 AM

49 posts, read 41,760 times
You are a pawn in their game, Simple as that. Is that what you call a friendship? I certainly hope not.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:11 AM

244 posts, read 707,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusT01 View Post
The underlying issue in all of this is that you are single.

Single girls tend to have no dramas so they focus on their friends and gravitate towards these scenarios. As others have mentioned in this thread if you are serious about improving your life and meeting like minded individuals that share the same values DROP THEM ALL. You are wasting your time.

But I know you won’t let this go because you can’t live without dramas. My advice would be to take some time out and reassess your own life, ask yourself why am I burdening myself with this when it isn't my creation?

If that’s the crowd you choose to surround yourself with it reflects poorly on yourself.
You definitely are correct about that, naturally I wasn't a close friend of Abigail like that, normally she'd text me and depending on me often. I can't help it but try and help others, it got to a boiling point where I couldn't deal with her negativity. As soon as she snapped at me I basically said I was done with her and told her good riddance, I don't have time for negative people as I'm graduating soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships