Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 04:13 AM

32 posts, read 62,935 times

Advertisements

okay now I in my time have met many girls before and believe me a girl does not want a guy who will crack onto her straight away and for starters I am not that sort of guy because I always consider a woman a wonderful soul and spirit I do not look at a woman by her looks I look at a woman by her heart and by her spirit and soul.

why because a good somebody to be with is a girl that is totally switched on and able to maintain a freindship as well as a relationship in return.

I never ask girls if they have boy freinds or not until I either find out or get to know them more.....

I always see women as alike men a spirit a soul and a person I think that alot of girls I see can be very argue-mentive while some aren't like that.

what a girl looks for in a guy is a freindship first and see how it goes even before jumping straight into a relationship is never best before you get to know one another first and then find out everything about one another and see what happens next I myself is not looking for a relationship but I take life as it hits me.

but in my eyes there is far much more then just what I said its understanding that no one is a perfectly good person unless they have a greater heart from within them and that's what I call a spiritual connection that I have with all my freinds male and female freinds but I never try and look for a girl or try and get a girl not that I could not care just because I need to know that person first well or even very well before I jump into a relationship.

Last edited by elnina; 05-23-2012 at 08:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 04:54 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Once a woman sees you as a friend, it's over

Old 05-22-2012, 06:30 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Once a woman sees you as a friend, it's over
not if ur attractive and dont come off as a pushover

Old 05-22-2012, 06:53 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,486 times
No idea what the point is of the two posts above mine, but it's nice to hear there are some guys who genuinely care about more than sex.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:55 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
No idea what the point is of the two posts above mine, but it's nice to hear there are some guys who genuinely care about more than sex.
But they don't.
Seems like the only reason they are befriending the girls is to EVENTUALLY get in her pants.
Not because they really want friends.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:04 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan90 View Post
what a girl looks for in a guy is a freindship first and see how it goes even before jumping straight into a relationship is never best before you get to know one another first and then find out everything about one another and see what happens next I myself is not looking for a relationship but I take life as it hits me.
Great that you're not rushing things or focused on the superficial when it comes to love.

However, I've seen this come up repeatedly here, about being friends first. I think that if you approach others you are interested in/attracted to with a "friends first" attitude, that is often all you'll end up with.

Dating someone IS the precursor to a relationship. Dating is the ritual of getting to know someone, to know whether or not you want to pursue a romantic relationship, but is not yet a relationship. That's the whole point of the process.

In my experience, I don't know of anyone who has ever set out to make friends with someone and then hoping friendship will become a romantic relationship. Friends are people you have a connection with, shared interests or views, but don't have a romantic/physical attraction. While it is good that your ultimate partner in life be your friend as well, IMO friendship is something that is blossoming along with the love, not before it.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:10 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,127 times
When you hear anything starting with a sweeping generalisation of an entire sex - "All girls like...." "What girls want is...." "Girls only like guys who...." - you know from the outset the speaker is more often than not just talking nonsense.

People are individuals. What they like - do - or seek in others is just as individual as they are. There comes a point where one realises that there is no formula to apply.

If you meet a person - of either sex - treat them as an individual. No more - no less.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:12 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
When you hear anything starting with a sweeping generalisation of an entire sex - "All girls like...." "What girls want is...." "Girls only like guys who...." - you know from the outset the speaker is more often than not just talking nonsense.

People are individuals. What they like - do - or seek in others is just as individual as they are. There comes a point where one realises that there is no formula to apply.

If you meet a person - of either sex - treat them as an individual. No more - no less.
totally agree.. which is why people that try to act like someone they are not to appease someone never works out. You need to find someone that likes you for who u are.

Generalizations like women only like bad boys/ alpha males/ football players/ millionaires....

its all bogus, otherwise 1% of the population would be married if that

Old 05-22-2012, 08:24 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
Moderator cut: snip

EVERY relationship I've had started out as friends first. WHY it continues to be peddled here that that is the wrong way of going about it continues to baffle me at every turn.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:27 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
I like how "friends first" is your idea but you say it's girls idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships