Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 06:14 AM

220 posts, read 475,438 times

Advertisements

I'm 38. I tend to like women in their 20's. I'll probably like this demographic until I die.

How big of a age gap is acceptable for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 06:39 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
I'm 38. I tend to like women in their 20's. I'll probably like this demographic until I die.

im not a girl so i cant say... i'd think ,most early to mid 20s would be too young for u.. not sure about older..

Old 05-22-2012, 06:39 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Why? Is it because of their youthful good looks? Or just their young not ready to be married and settle down outlook on life?

Quote:
I've never placed an importance on a person's age. I never went around asking how old a new friend's age was. As long as we get along personality-wise and with our interests, anyone can be my friend. And as to my dating pool, unless a man is good enough to be my best friend, I'm not dating him.

And I've dating men both older and younger than me, and thought it no big deal. The oldest man I dated was about 12 years my senior, however at the time I was in my 20's. However, over the years, I am less keen to want to have a romance with a man too much older than I am. Why? Because being 53, dating a man who might be in his 60's and older means that should I fall in love with him, staying with him for the long run translates into my eventually becoming his caretaker. And unless he is financially secure and can afford to have others tend to his senior needs, I'm not interested in being his free nurse.

My stepdad's grandmother's second husband was about 15 years older than she was. When I first met them, they were a happy older couple. But later on, I could see that once he was in his mid-seventies, he needed to stay close to home, but she was still wanting to travel and enjoy life. Yes, she loved him, but we all could see the unhappiness and how she had to compromise with her life during the last ten years of his life.

Statistically speaking, on average women live longer than men by seven years. And we age better also.

BTW even though my bf is 23 years longer than me, we actually like the same music, cars and have a similar outlook on life. And we both hate cellphones and the texting thing. He's like a older guy but in a younger body!

Old 05-22-2012, 06:45 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
So basically you're never looking for a long-term relationship? Because women DO age out of their 20s, ya know.

My parents were 16 years apart. It was a disaster. I'll consider a 10-year age difference but nothing more than that.

There are PLENTY of women in their 20s who will date a man in his 40s if he manages to maintain his appearance or makes bank. But I wouldn't hold your breath for anything that's particularly meaningful or lasting. It COULD happen, but here's the thing. You don't sound like you're looking for marriage. So why would a good-looking and intelligent 20-something want to hang around with an older guy who's going to trade her for a newer model when she gets older when there are also PLENTY of young, hot 20-something guys with good earning potential who are perfectly happy to get married in their 20s/early 30s?

Old 05-22-2012, 06:49 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Wooderson lives!!
david wooderson - YouTube

Old 05-22-2012, 07:05 AM

150 posts, read 250,879 times
Quote:

First, you need to learn that there is a difference between what women say they think versus what they do. This is a "what do you think" question, so you will get typical rules like "3 under, 5 over", "no more than 7". But the real answer is it depends on you and your potential date/mate. Do you have the attraction factors to be able to meet, chat up, date a younger woman? Is she open to dating you/older men?

I read in another thread that 50% of women will not date older guys (socialized dogma); 30% are open to dating older guys with the right guy; and 20% have no problem with it for various reasons (trophie wife, sugar daddy, childhood issues, experimental, etc).

Finally, stop worrying about your age. If you think it's an issue, it will be the first thing that comes up, you will give off the creep factor vibe before you know it. Go rent out the movie Tao of Steve...

The Tao of Steve, 1st rule - YouTube

Old 05-22-2012, 08:54 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
I'm 28. I prefer men in their 30's.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:00 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjawalt View Post
First, you need to learn that there is a difference between what women say they think versus what they do. This is a "what do you think" question, so you will get typical rules like "3 under, 5 over", "no more than 7". But the real answer is it depends on you and your potential date/mate. Do you have the attraction factors to be able to meet, chat up, date a younger woman? Is she open to dating you/older men?

I read in another thread that 50% of women will not date older guys (socialized dogma); 30% are open to dating older guys with the right guy; and 20% have no problem with it for various reasons (trophie wife, sugar daddy, childhood issues, experimental, etc).

Finally, stop worrying about your age. If you think it's an issue, it will be the first thing that comes up, you will give off the creep factor vibe before you know it. Go rent out the movie Tao of Steve...

The Tao of Steve, 1st rule - YouTube
Isnt that the truth. I wonder how people justify a typical hookup for a lady. its normaly someone exactly opposite to what she says she's looking for. Truth is, age doesnt make a whole lot of difference when it comes to guys, it is even sometimes a plus for seasoned guys as men tend to gain status with age.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:21 AM

733 posts, read 1,663,660 times
I'm in my 20s, I don't care about age as long as he's younger than my dad. Though I have other very strict requirements: he needs to have the maturity of a 30-something but with the attitude, positive outlook and energy of a 20-something. He also has to be hip, young at heart, and doesn't talk like an old man. Also, no grey hair.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:24 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
I'm in my 20s, I don't care about age as long as he's younger than my dad. Though I have other very strict requirements: he needs to have the maturity of a 30-something but with the attitude, positive outlook and energy of a 20-something. He also has to be hip, young at heart, and doesn't talk like an old man. Also, no grey hair.
I must be getting old, because I find grey hair totally hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships