Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 11:59 PM

124 posts, read 213,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Exactly...see, this is the thing. When you start getting into 20-year age gap territory (which the OP is approaching and will certainly attain if, as he says, he never stops being attracted to very young women), you're talking about the girl being attracted to someone old enough to be a friend of her father. THAT'S something to surmount. It would take one special guy and one special relationship.

So that's where the difficulty will eventually set in for the OP. In my 20s, someone in his 40s would have absolutely grossed me out to kiss, even if he was "young at heart," because it would have felt like making out with my father, even if he was the sexiest 40-year-old on earth. I don't know if that's just me? ETA: and yes, I felt that way about "hot" 40something male stars of the day (just as today people will say, "Well, what if it were Brad Pitt?"). Up close, that person would still be...you know...my dad with a slightly different look and a carefully-practiced "breezy" "young" attitude (oh no, oh goodness no).

Anyway, now that *I'm* in my 40s, making out with a 40something obviously does not gross me out one bit. BUT if a 60-something guy asked me out...? Oh no. Oh no no no no no. Again. It would have to be one hell of a special guy and it would be one huge hump to get over, to think of someone my dad's age as a sexual being to me. It is just not a feeling that automatically attracts, IMO. I mean yes, super-rich or amazingly well kept Hollywood older guys manage to get younger women (for a while, until they divorce the geezers for their money). And yes, in "the old days" (I've heard this referenced too) the old chieftain would get all the super young girls. So if you want to take up acting and become VERY rich, OR if you want to go on a medieval spree and rape and pillage enough bordering competitors to be the big chief, then sure, I guess you can count on getting 20somethings even when you're in your 50s, 60s and beyond. Barring that...it will be tough.

But as I said, there is someone for everyone. You will probably end up being able to find the occasional very young girl, OP...it will just get harder to do. But hell. If that's all your attracted to, then it is. I don't believe in forcing oneself to be attracted to someone just because it's easier or seems to be one's only choice.
okay now, let's not get crazy

come on girls. if BRAD PITT were single and not hunkered down with home wreaker Angie and his small tribe of kids, you mean to tell me you wouldn't even consider HIM? come on now!

i mean as long as brad stays clean shaven or just a nice goatee and doesn't get all wolf-man with his beard like he does from time to time, he still looks pretty good.

comparing him to a younger celebrity:brad actually has a better body than leo even though leo is 8 yrs younger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 04:12 AM

4,896 posts, read 14,157,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
If thats you in the middle with the mustache, you look 50
For real now, I have no mustache!!!!

Old 05-24-2012, 04:28 AM

545 posts, read 909,770 times
I would date 25 to 50 yr olds. I am closer to the higher end of that, but I am high energy, fit and mistaken for much younger. Besides the last guy I dated was upper 40s and couldn't keep up with me. Maybe I should trim five years off the high end.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:39 AM

44 posts, read 46,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
I'm 38. I tend to like women in their 20's. I'll probably like this demographic until I die.

How big of a age gap is acceptable for you?
well, at your present age it already is slightly creepy. and since you said you will like twentysomethings until you die. Try asking same question 10 years from now and observe the BIG difference in opinions. I'm telling you NOW the posts would probably be along the lines of -- eww dude stop being a pedophile.

I can go as far as 15 year age gap. I actually prefer older men, men do mature later than women. I actually cant see myself going out with younger men. I would presume they're immature which I know isn't always the case. but still.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:28 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,150,245 times
George Clooney will still be considered hot when he can no longer wipe his own backside.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:03 PM

124 posts, read 213,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
George Clooney will still be considered hot when he can no longer wipe his own backside.
LOL. I don't know about all that.

Hotness does have to cool down at some point. But so far it hasn't cooled down too much for Brad.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:02 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,661,605 times
If I were single . . any single man up to 125 years old is fair game for me.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:54 PM

18 posts, read 126,513 times
I am 54, I would love to have a woman in her 20's at least for an hour, but to marry, I don't think so, while they may be fun in bed, there is no common ground for a long term relationship, as I hit 70 she will only be in her early 40's and she will want a younger man ( Younger than me ) by then

Old 05-24-2012, 05:27 PM

31,134 posts, read 22,174,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Thats a little old for me. I usually stick with no older than mother Theresa(when she was alive) and no younger than JeepGirl

Old 05-24-2012, 06:44 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,345,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post

Jeep-ers! Holy Cow! Welcome Back!

You're not single? Holy Cow! That's awesome!

Welcome Back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships