Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:56 PM

156 posts, read 335,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
No, Ma'am, it does not. There is a whole 'nother set of guidelines to meet the "ho" and "loose" category.

I think that there are just some things in his head that he is not sharing w/ you and is using whatever incidents as a scapegoat.

Exactly,

insecurities like a mug.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:57 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing1 View Post
ok so my man and I are about to break up. And this is why.

So the other night we were watching tv and saw someone 'moon' someone in a car. So I laughed. While my hubby starts degrading the woman and all. So I intervened and asked what was wrong with it, its not like you could see her face and it was all in fun. Lets just say he didn't feel the same. So he asked would I do that, and I said "if I was hanging with my girls or if you and me were drunk having fun somewhere far away where no one knows me, then I might yeah" ....

Oh boy.
You would have thought I was about to become a stripper. He totally freaked out and then proceeded to take it too far by calling me a ho and a loose ass blah blah....How I am not special and no one wants a wife like that.

Needless to say it became and is a huge fight.
So...some insight into the matter would be helpful.

I asked others if the mooning incident would offend them and they said no.

but at the end of the day calling me loose and ho is taking it too far wouldn't you think.
Why do people think rude gestures are ok? Mooning is the ultimate rude gesture. What's happened to our society? wtf is going on??

It also sounds like your hubby has anger issues, and like he doesn't respect you anyway, or there are some sort of deep-seated problems in the marriage. i wouldn't stick around a guy who called me those things.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:04 PM

349 posts, read 459,650 times
There has to be a lot more to this than just mooning. This started all because you two were watching tv together and you made an off the cuff remark, wow. All this because of a make believe tv show? For him to equate "mooning" to being a ho and loose ass, is ridiculous. Yes it is immature, and its also a form of disrespect depending on the situation. This tends to occur as part of high school or college antics, or done by someone who is drunk out of their mind. To me, he sounds a little off to lose his temper over something that didn't even happen.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:04 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
he called you a loose ho? yea break up now before he shows up at your job for not wearing stockings or something

Old 05-24-2012, 01:05 PM

So what do I do... I mean we are really going on about this and it is really hurting my feelings. The fact that he is calling me a ho because of this is what really urks me and he is saying it with emphasis, as if i cheated on him or something.

And to be honest, to those who think its more to the story, there isn't. At least from where i stand. Now sure we argue, no relationship is perfect. But this is reaching another level.
We do come from different backgrounds, him small town NC, me NYC, so maybe that has something to do with it, I dont know, but I feel like it is messed up for him to go on about this.
Its not like I actually mooned anyone first off.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:06 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
He got really bent out of shape at the very idea of you mooning someone and called you nasty names.

Hmm.... if that's all it takes to set him off, are you sure you want to pursue a relationship with a guy like that?

Old 05-24-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
he called you a loose ho? yea break up now before he shows up at your job for not wearing stockings or something
LOL
So true, I am really questioning our relationship.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
He got really bent out of shape at the very idea of you mooning someone and called you nasty names.

Hmm.... if that's all it takes to set him off, are you sure you want to pursue a relationship with a guy like that?
This is what baffles me, 10 yrs, 2kids, and then this...

Old 05-24-2012, 01:12 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing1 View Post
So what do I do... I mean we are really going on about this and it is really hurting my feelings. The fact that he is calling me a ho because of this is what really urks me and he is saying it with emphasis, as if i cheated on him or something.

And to be honest, to those who think its more to the story, there isn't. At least from where i stand. Now sure we argue, no relationship is perfect. But this is reaching another level.
We do come from different backgrounds, him small town NC, me NYC, so maybe that has something to do with it, I dont know, but I feel like it is messed up for him to go on about this.
Its not like I actually mooned anyone first off.
QUIT FOCUSING ON ALL THE WRONG THINGS - you are just deflecting attention away from the real problems

You guys have issues. And wasting time bemoaning how he "hurt your feelings" with his comments isn't going to solve those issues.

If you really don't have a clue what the problems are you are in deep do do and better act quickly to get to the bottom of this. You are losing your husband.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:13 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
If my girlfriend were actively into "mooning" people, I'd leave her pretty quick. If she merely said that she didn't think it was a big deal (not that she would ever do it), we'd simply disagree and talk about specific scenarios aimed at making sure our son didn't get into it. If she said she might do it, it would be cause for concern. Mostly because it's immature and yeah, somewhat gross no matter who/what you are.

If a guy calls his girlfriend a ho, he doesn't deserve a girlfriend no mo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.