Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 06:45 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,919 times

Advertisements

I seem to notice with the news,this forum and people around me that everyone is just cheating on each other? I mean there is no such thing as real love anymore? Or was there ever? Why do people do it so carelessly? So

what's the point of relationships and marriage ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 06:51 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times

Because many people enjoy each other love each other very much. Not everyone goes out and cheats, but some do. Humans often show poor judgment and do bad things to each other.

This forum also shows the extremes of relationships, typically slanted toward the negative side. There are a lot more "my boyfriend/girlfriend has this issue" instead of "my boyfriend/girlfriend is great!"

Old 05-29-2012, 06:55 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,166,444 times
Everyone cheats in relationships and marriages?

No - Not true... Stop believing everything you read on the forums and news...

Old 05-29-2012, 07:05 AM

460 posts, read 672,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
I seem to notice with the news,this forum and people around me that everyone is just cheating on each other? I mean there is no such thing as real love anymore? Or was there ever? Why do people do it so carelessly? So

The internet is a depressing place. If I spend too much time in certain places, I get extremely depressed and started becoming paranoid about cheating. Then I realize I'm being ridiculous.

I don't cheat. Husband doesn't cheat (yah yah can't be 100% sure).

Old 05-29-2012, 07:06 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,873 times
Default Everyone cheats in relationships and marriages?

Nope..

Old 05-29-2012, 07:10 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:

Turn off your computer and your tv, they are apparently poisoning your mind

Not everyone cheats.

And many people are happily married.

Remember, "if it bleeds, it leads", so of course the media focuses on the worst when it comes to people.

884 posts, read 1,406,092 times
Yes everyone in a relationship cheats.

Yes everyone in a relationship is faithful.

Yes all women do not like short guys.

Yes all women like tall guys.

Yes all men like tall girls.

Yes all men like short girls.

Yes you can be single and have a fwb without any side effects.

Yes you can be married and have a fwb without any side effects.

Any other generalizations I missed?

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
its because being in a happy marriage with someone doesnt make the news.. same concept as the news never reports anything happy or good.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:12 AM

884 posts, read 1,406,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Turn off your computer and your tv, they are apparently poisoning your mind

Not everyone cheats.

And many people are happily married.

Remember, "if it bleeds, it leads", so of course the media focuses on the worst when it comes to people.
Well if its true that everyone in a relationship cheats, then for me, she must have been so awful and the sex must have been so horrible that I must have completely blacked it out of my mind because I do not recall ever cheating.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:27 AM

331 posts, read 603,517 times
Quote:

^^^ Noooo, not everyone cheats. Not even the majority cheat! Some people do still have good morals and values of commitment and respect for others! Of course the news points to the negitive, when you watch the news, they may spend 5 or 10 mintues on the good someone is doing the rest is crime and polotics....does that mean you can't go to those places b/c everyone is running around killing, raping, stealing, etc?? Absolutely not!!!!

Oh, and one one thing that caught my attention, Love is a feeling, feeling change, develop or deminish at times..marriage isn't about "loving" someone, it's about committing to them; to respect, care for and be there 100% for the reemainder of your life!!!!

Best Wishes to you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships