Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 05:51 PM

430 posts, read 1,192,675 times

Advertisements

WALL OF TEXT
Me and this girl were in an infatuated relationship. I asked her out and she said she had to "get to get to know me better" (Because apparently she came outta a crappy relationship). While i'm in this infatuation, the iron was getting cold. Some dude had asked her out 2 weeks after I asked her out, (while she was "getting to know me better") that basically sealed the deal between me and her. She friend-zoned me the next day ON FACEBOOK. On the flip side, she claims she still wants to talk to me, because i'm "really cool". My brother and a close (girl) friend don't believe her. I guess nice guys have a double standard of being nice and a wuss, oh well. She was rather infatuated with the other dude she was with. After the 2nd day of their "relationship" and she friend-zoned him as well (and he's a nicer guy than me!). She currently likes another guy named Brandon. People asked her "are you guys talking" She said "I Guess". It's already too late for Brandon....the Iron is getting cold.
Comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 05:59 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,347,051 times
That sucks man..I can totally relate as I've been going through a similar episode. Infatuated with this girl, thought I read all the signs, took the plunge and was dropped in the friendzone. Just part of life I guess. Onward we march haha...

Old 06-05-2012, 06:15 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,105 times
why should you be worried about it? it's not that big of a deal, there's plenty of tail out there to grab.

all of this passive aggressive communication on facebook/texts etc should stop, you get what you ask for by choosing to put up with/acknowledge it.

best way for a youngin like you to get over infatuation, have a fling.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:17 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Dont worry dude, youre not alone. Im currently infatuated with this banging hot woman that I can never be with, for many somewhat complex reasons. I feel like a fricken lost teenager again. Not a whole lot to do but to take my mind off of her, easier said than done.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:22 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Move on.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:55 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Miaugie View Post
WALL OF TEXT
Me and this girl were in an infatuated relationship. I asked her out and she said she had to "get to get to know me better" (Because apparently she came outta a crappy relationship). While i'm in this infatuation, the iron was getting cold. Some dude had asked her out 2 weeks after I asked her out, (while she was "getting to know me better") that basically sealed the deal between me and her. She friend-zoned me the next day ON FACEBOOK. On the flip side, she claims she still wants to talk to me, because i'm "really cool". My brother and a close (girl) friend don't believe her. I guess nice guys have a double standard of being nice and a wuss, oh well. She was rather infatuated with the other dude she was with. After the 2nd day of their "relationship" and she friend-zoned him as well (and he's a nicer guy than me!). She currently likes another guy named Brandon. People asked her "are you guys talking" She said "I Guess". It's already too late for Brandon....the Iron is getting cold.
Comments?
This girl ain't into you and probably won't be. Once that is accepted, you'll find out that there are plenty of good-looking girls in SE Virginia who will be into a solid guy like you. Trust me.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:14 PM

727 posts, read 1,533,828 times
I hate to say it, but you were doomed from the beginning. Getting a woman to go out with you can be like closing a sale. Here's what I would've done:

Girl: I'd like to get to know you better.
Me: I totally agree. I feel we should definitely get to know each other. (find out common interests; let's say she likes gardening). I would love to know more about gardening. Let's go to the Botanical Gardens. Are you available Friday?

I would've taken her to the botanical gardens, turned the charm up to 11, let her dominate the conversation, and constantly pay her compliments. One thing leads to another, and our oldest daughter grows up to become the first female president.

Don't give up hope. I had something similar happen to me once. I went out on a date with this amazing woman, but she ended up with someone else because she didn't think I was into her (even though I was). A few months later, she gets dumped and she calls me up. We dated for a few months, but she wasn't right for me.

I would take The Dissenter's post to heart; someone better and more deserving is out there for you.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:17 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,803 times
Oh to be 15 again.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:38 PM

430 posts, read 1,192,675 times
Yeah I've moved on from all the crap. I mean we still talk, but its not awkward, and I don't have any feelings for her. But our "friendship" will end quickly as soon as the school year ends and I honestly can't wait lol. Oh yeah, I tried to take her out on a date, but she said (which was the truth) "I can't go out alone because my grandparents won't let me! I have to be with some girl(s) because my G-Parents don't trust me with boys." Inside my head I said "WTF? Are you 8 or 16?" So I could never really have any real alone time with her. But you guys are dead on, I shouldn't worry. I mean this IS high-school. High school should have casual relationships for you to experiment with other partners to see who you are compatible with. But most of the time kids are in love with each other with the exaggerated THOUGHTS of being in love with eachother (infatuation). I'm already gonna start to scope other girls next year.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:41 PM

727 posts, read 1,533,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Miaugie View Post
Yeah I've moved on from all the crap. I mean we still talk, but its not awkward, and I don't have any feelings for her. But our "friendship" will end quickly as soon as the school year ends and I honestly can't wait lol. Oh yeah, I tried to take her out on a date, but she said (which was the truth) "I can't go out alone because my grandparents won't let me! I have to be with some girl(s) because my G-Parents don't trust me with boys." Inside my head I said "WTF? Are you 8 or 16?" So I could never really have any real alone time with her. But you guys are dead on, I shouldn't worry. I mean this IS high-school. High school should have casual relationships for you to experiment with other partners to see who you are compatible with. But most of the time kids are in love with each other with the exaggerated THOUGHTS of being in love with eachother (infatuation). I'm already gonna start to scope other girls next year.
I hate that! You want to move on, but can't because she's always in your grill. It sounds like you're better off, especially with the whole, "my grandparents won't let me be alone" line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships