Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 04:52 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Some of you know my story so I won't go into it here again. For those of you who do know it How I do I let this person go when every fiber of my being screams not too? I'm lost here I really am for those of you who have told me to move on months ago, I wish I would of listened I didn't & now I am paying for it.

Help please.....
We all on here can give you the advice but if you don't take it, that's on you! Figure out the reasons you did stay and see if they are worth whatever you are going through right now. The only example I can set for you with leaving someone is when I left my son's father. I had taken his drinking, drugging and women chasing for 10 years..dum dummy I was. I had a job and was the sole support of our household while he ran amuck with all his big schemes, higher than a kite chasing women. He finally gets a job and starts an affair with a married woman working at the same place he was. She dumps her two kids and he dumps me and his son and off they go to Georgia. I was so freakin relieved!! I had hemmed and hawed over leaving this doofus for 10 dang years and here he hands it to me. I packed everything that wasn't nailed down, piled my son and our dog into my beat up Pontiac and drove 500 miles to get back home to civilization. There he was having the time of his life in Georgia with his new "squeeze" and his wife and kid took off...duh...he thought I wouldn't find out and he would tell me when he got back.
Long story short...don't wait 10 years to find your happy place..if you are not there now then LEAVE before you turn around and you are 64 like me and on husband/wife #3 but finally happy! Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 10:10 AM

39 posts, read 93,008 times
To reed067: It's never easy to let go..

just make yourself busy, stay in touch with family, friends or may go out with them.
don't isolate yourself coz it will be difficult for you to move on, you gonna be thinking those good memories you had with her.
People come and go so as relationships. Think that she's just a part of your life history.
Cheer up! You will be ok. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships