Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:15 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,605,869 times

Advertisements

My poor Husband sleeps with me and I snore !! won't admit it to him though.
Also have 2 Pugs and a Boxer in the bedroom !!! so he has fun with all of us snoring - he must love me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 12:46 PM

155 posts, read 558,810 times
I don't mind a dude that snores...it's comforting to me...^-^

Old 02-17-2008, 02:13 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,959,040 times
Sounds like severe sleep apnea to me.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:38 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Oh goodness, I sympathize! Get him to a doctor!

My ex mentioned that he snored but I thought it was just the normal, light snoring. Oh no. It sounded like someone was trying to chainsaw the apartment down! He went to sleep well before I did the first night I stayed over, so I stayed up a bit watching TV with his roomie. From the other side of the apartment, you could hear the snoring! I had no idea what it was until his roommate just looked at me, laughed, and said good luck! The roomie even wore earplugs to sleep and he was on the complete other side of the house.

I won't say that's the reason we broke up, but I have my own sleep disorder that needs to come first and since he wouldn't go to the doctor to get it checked out, that certainly came into play. Now whenever I meet a guy, I have to find out if he snores or not before I get too attached.

Make sure to get your boyfriend checked out... it really grates on your nerves after awhile and sleep deprivation makes you do CRAZY things!

Old 02-18-2008, 01:48 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I love my boyfriend, but I dread going to bed every night because as soon as his head hits the pillow, he starts to snore. Loudly. Non-stop. I poke him and he doesn't stop. I roll him over and he doesn't stop. He got some of that stop snoring throat spray...didn't work. Breathe right strips...didn't work. I can still hear him with ear plugs. People might think it's intolerant, but nothing irritates me more than hearing another person snore. I just can't deal with it; it's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

I try to fall asleep before he does but it's hard...often he falls asleep before I do and I struggle to fall asleep because of the volume of his snoring. If I roll over to try to get away from it, he spoons up behind me and snores in my ear. Usually I give up and go sleep on the sofa, but then I wake up with him snuggled up on the sofa next to me...snoring...at about 4-5 am. So I get up and go to the bedroom, and it hurts his feelings that I don't "want" to sleep with him.

I do want to sleep in the same bed, but I can't sleep with that racket.

What can we do?
Ear plugs are the only thing that got me through when my ex-husband snored and talking in his sleep. I still wear them.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:32 AM

158 posts, read 543,735 times
Do I know what you mean...

Woke up today at 4:30AM from the sound of a huge bus trying to park in my bedroom. Turned out it was my boyfried snoring. Could not fall back to sleep until it was time to go to work

Old 04-09-2008, 05:13 PM

545 posts, read 2,044,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I love my boyfriend, but I dread going to bed every night because as soon as his head hits the pillow, he starts to snore. Loudly. Non-stop. I poke him and he doesn't stop. I roll him over and he doesn't stop. He got some of that stop snoring throat spray...didn't work. Breathe right strips...didn't work. I can still hear him with ear plugs. People might think it's intolerant, but nothing irritates me more than hearing another person snore. I just can't deal with it; it's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

I try to fall asleep before he does but it's hard...often he falls asleep before I do and I struggle to fall asleep because of the volume of his snoring. If I roll over to try to get away from it, he spoons up behind me and snores in my ear. Usually I give up and go sleep on the sofa, but then I wake up with him snuggled up on the sofa next to me...snoring...at about 4-5 am. So I get up and go to the bedroom, and it hurts his feelings that I don't "want" to sleep with him.

I do want to sleep in the same bed, but I can't sleep with that racket.

What can we do?
REPLY: Tell him its about time you guys got married and lived rightly ; then he'll leave. Problem solved.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:53 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,982,998 times
My husband is a HORRIBLE snorer and somewhat in denial. He has a referral for a sleep clinic and I WILL get him to go soon because everybody is worried he has sleep apnea. In the meantime, I often sleep in the guest room which is not conducive to closeness, but being exhausted and cranky is even worse.

When we do have to sleep in the same room (like on vacations and when I just miss the closeness of sharing a bed with him,) I use heavy duty earplugs AND a white noise machine (try earplugstore dot com.) I even use the sound machine when I'm in the guest room to drown out the snoring noise through the wall. If it's really bad, I put the sound machine right next to me and between the two of us. The only problem is that you really can't hear if other things are going on in the house (like kids wandering around.)

The snoring has caused some issues in our marriage mainly because he thinks I should be able to sleep through his snoring. He has NO clue how loud he is, though I have taped him to prove it to him. He claims that I snore, too. I had a friend with whom I had vacationed and shared a room with. She was at our house and she heard him snoring on the other side of the house. I asked her if I sound like that. She just laughed. She said my snoring was like a little mouse motorcycle and his is like a freight train.

Anyway, there are ways around it -- get him to a doctor; wear earplugs AND use a white noise machine, sleep in another room; if he needs to lose weight, help him.

Best of luck!

Old 04-10-2008, 12:01 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,380,638 times
I have just been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and sleep with a CPAP mask. The mask is uncomfortable, but the noise from the machine helps dull the unbelievable snoring from my wife. Unfortunately the mask does not have any goggles, so my eyes still water when the dogs fart.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:47 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
My poor Husband sleeps with me and I snore !! won't admit it to him though.
Also have 2 Pugs and a Boxer in the bedroom !!! so he has fun with all of us snoring - he must love me
My boyfriend snores something CRAZY. So does my pup. If I can put up with the dog (who gets in bed with us in the foot of the bed in the morning, not all night), I can put up with my man. Nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships