Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 01:48 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
There are people who will fake it and try very hard to impress and then the true personality comes out later. Why not just be real and natural from the start?
Because no one would be able to start a relationship that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 01:49 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
But one might not have much in common.

I was being sarcastic

Old 07-04-2012, 01:54 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Speaking of first impressions: I had the usual first coffee date with a man this morning and was it ever a letdown. He would not shut up the entire time--I knew his entire life story in an hour and all his 4 kids' life stories too and his story was not flattering--he's been unemployed more than he's been working all his life and he lives in section 8 housing now and is temping at the food pantry and I'm sitting there wondering why anyone would divulge such a thing on a first date. And then he had on a lot of this gawdawful cologne that made my brain hurt. OL dating is depressing but at least I've not had anything really nasty like men trying to have sex on the first date or anything--this one was def my worst one yet but it wasn't horrible--just boring--he had no idea how many kids I even have but I knew all about his.
I've been having the opposite lately. Men who you have to pull teeth to talk to and who don't show much interest even though THEY initiated contact! ...but mysteriously they get all talkative when they want pictures of you (which are on my profile!) and suddenly ask for your home address when its time to meet. gross...dropped those like a hot potato. but dating is like this for me, on or offline so it has to be where I live. its quite strange the stuff these men pull. I don't get it. dating isn't really that hard. You just talk to people like human beings, that's all!

Old 07-05-2012, 11:33 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
PS I just noticed a massive apostrophe abuse in the title...too late to change it!

Apologies to my fellow grammar police...a moment of madness
You just ripped a guy you don't even know because he shared that he's had family members die recently.....and you're more worried about the misuse of an apostrophe?

Old 07-05-2012, 11:43 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
All the single working mums, have a look at this message I got today from a stay at home dad who collects child support for his 9 year old, has access to free after/before school care and doesn't work -

Ime afraid our workforce doesnt accept men having fulltime child rearing responsibilities and school hours are so short. All the good jobs are to scared to set precedents when it comes to working hours

I still managed! Anyone else?

Old 07-05-2012, 11:46 PM

[quote=cdubs3201;25033929]

You just ripped a guy

where?

you don't even know because he shared that he's had family members die recently.....and you're more worried about the misuse of an apostrophe?[/quote]

Uh...YES!

Old 07-05-2012, 11:56 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
weirdos on the internet?
you don't say...

Old 07-06-2012, 12:43 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Quote:
I just can't fathom why someone would say all of that crap, at "hello".

I mean, wtf? A body count?
lol..As other posters stated you got a good one...
When I belonged to a dating site? I received a lot of dirty emails...
I think for your case? He was just throwing it out there, he has yet to learn tact and couth and to wait until he finally gets the date and the date actually asks life questions.
They are NOT all bad but I feel you were right not to respond, maybe you could and tell him why you did not and give him a few pointers lol...poor guy..

Old 07-06-2012, 01:36 AM

Latest examples of a typical Aussie bloke - I swear I'm not making this up.

good onest guy sweet smart a little cute in some eys looking for the one that is on here to be serious kids are fineeven though i dont have any of my own .i love the out doors have a fishing boat and love the water also.i like looking at old towns and just going for a drive with that some one special and haveing a good time along the way even better if u have children so we can do the family thing as well even little things mean a lot to them like STOPING IN AT A PLAY GROUND ON A TRIP FOR A LITTLE BIT BUYING A ICE CREAM FOR THEM after lunch of course and wonting to take them places and do things together also some one that onestly wonts a relationship i love long hair on my girl and dont mind if u are short either dont mind if u work or are stay at home mum i can send a pic from my phone if u would like come and say hallow and u will see old school still aplies here PS just because i dont have a pic DOESENT MEAN IAM ATACHED OR A MONGIE OR A STALKER it means i have no pic on this computer THATS ALL and i offerd to send u a pic from my phone NOTHING MORE ow and yes i am a bit old school also

and this...

WE WERE MEANT TO LIVE FOR SO MUCH MORE.....HAVE WE LOST OURSELVES?

WHY IS THERE A RELENTLESS AND UCOMPROMISING GOVERNMENT AGENDA TO CONTINUOUSLY
FULFILL A MONEY FUELED ECONOMY WHEN IT GOES AGAINST EVERY NATURAL LAW AND HUMAN RIGHT????
WHY ARE DECISIONS ONLY MADE IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THIS GREEDY AGENDA AND NOT FOR THE BETTER OF THE HUMAN SPIRT????????
ALL POLITICAL DECISIONS ARE MADE ON A EGO BASED MOTIVE TO MOVE UP IN THEIR CAREER AND NOT GIVE UP THEIR CUSHY WAY OF LIFE. nOTHING IS GIVEN TO THE PUBLIC WITHOUT A MASSIVE TRADE OFF FOR THEM AS A RETURN ON MONEY!
THE POLICE FORCE IS NOW A FULL SWING PROFITING BUSINESS THAT VEIWS THE PUBLIC AS AND ENDLESS PIT OF MONEY TO TO COMPLY WITH GOVERNMENT DEMMAND ON REVENUE! THIER RANKING SYSTEM IS ACHIEVED THROUGH NUMBER OF FINES GIVEN!
WHY DO WE KEEP VOTING THESE INSUCURE PEOPLE UP ONTO A PEDESTAL???????
SOMEONE OR SOME ENTITY THAT FEELS THE NEED TO CONTROL IS IN THE ABSOLUTE THROWS OF DESPERATION AND INSECURTY AS THEY KNOW THE POTENTIAL OF OTHERS AND WANT TO BREAK THEIR SPIRIT DOWN TO THEIR LOW VIBRATIONAL LEVEL TO SUIT THEIR PATHETIC AGENDA AND CONSTRUCTED BOX THEY NEVER LOOK OUTSIDE OF.
AT THE MOMENT WE ARE LEAD BY AUTHORITIES THAN BRUTALLY ENFORCE FINES, RULES AND LAWS THAT SERVE ONLY A MONEY AGENDA! A MONETRY SYSTEM CREATES FEAR OF LOSS AND GREEDY POSSESSIVE MATERIALISTIC VIEW ON EVERYTHING EVEN OUR EARTH. THE MONETARY SYSTEM CREATES CRIME AND DIS HONESTY
TRUE LEADERSHIP COMES FROM WITHIN AND FROM A SHINING ABILITY TO INSPIRE OTHERS TO RISE SPIRITUALLY THROUGH A FREE WILL THAT IS THE COSMIC LAW OF ALL CREATION. THE INSECURE FEW ARE CONTROLLING THE MANY.....LETS CHANGE THAT NOW!

TIME TO STOP LIVING IN FEAR AND STOP LISTENING TO CAREFULLY CONSTRUCTED PROPAGANDA AND START RE-USING OUR ETERNAL INTUITION AND BE FREE OF THESE SUPPRESSIVE SYSTEMS :-):-):-)

I AM A HAPPY POSITVE PERSON JUST CONCERNED WHERE WE ARE HEADING :-)

The second guy, the happy positive person who is expecting armageddon, is actually a really good looking, tall, muscular surfer type who I would date in a second. If not for his profile.

Both received on the same day. This is my dating pool, folks.

And people wonder why I'm single...I think I might have a low vibrational level...

Old 07-06-2012, 01:41 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Quote:
Latest examples of a typical Aussie bloke - I swear I'm not making this up.

good onest guy sweet smart a little cute in some eys looking for the one that is on here to be serious kids are fineeven though i dont have any of my own .i love the out doors have a fishing boat and love the water also.i like looking at old towns and just going for a drive with that some one special and haveing a good time along the way even better if u have children so we can do the family thing as well even little things mean a lot to them like STOPING IN AT A PLAY GROUND ON A TRIP FOR A LITTLE BIT BUYING A ICE CREAM FOR THEM after lunch of course and wonting to take them places and do things together also some one that onestly wonts a relationship i love long hair on my girl and dont mind if u are short either dont mind if u work or are stay at home mum i can send a pic from my phone if u would like come and say hallow and u will see old school still aplies here PS just because i dont have a pic DOESENT MEAN IAM ATACHED OR A MONGIE OR A STALKER it means i have no pic on this computer THATS ALL and i offerd to send u a pic from my phone NOTHING MORE ow and yes i am a bit old school also

and this...

WE WERE MEANT TO LIVE FOR SO MUCH MORE.....HAVE WE LOST OURSELVES?

WHY IS THERE A RELENTLESS AND UCOMPROMISING GOVERNMENT AGENDA TO CONTINUOUSLY
FULFILL A MONEY FUELED ECONOMY WHEN IT GOES AGAINST EVERY NATURAL LAW AND HUMAN RIGHT????
WHY ARE DECISIONS ONLY MADE IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THIS GREEDY AGENDA AND NOT FOR THE BETTER OF THE HUMAN SPIRT????????
ALL POLITICAL DECISIONS ARE MADE ON A EGO BASED MOTIVE TO MOVE UP IN THEIR CAREER AND NOT GIVE UP THEIR CUSHY WAY OF LIFE. nOTHING IS GIVEN TO THE PUBLIC WITHOUT A MASSIVE TRADE OFF FOR THEM AS A RETURN ON MONEY!
THE POLICE FORCE IS NOW A FULL SWING PROFITING BUSINESS THAT VEIWS THE PUBLIC AS AND ENDLESS PIT OF MONEY TO TO COMPLY WITH GOVERNMENT DEMMAND ON REVENUE! THIER RANKING SYSTEM IS ACHIEVED THROUGH NUMBER OF FINES GIVEN!
WHY DO WE KEEP VOTING THESE INSUCURE PEOPLE UP ONTO A PEDESTAL???????
SOMEONE OR SOME ENTITY THAT FEELS THE NEED TO CONTROL IS IN THE ABSOLUTE THROWS OF DESPERATION AND INSECURTY AS THEY KNOW THE POTENTIAL OF OTHERS AND WANT TO BREAK THEIR SPIRIT DOWN TO THEIR LOW VIBRATIONAL LEVEL TO SUIT THEIR PATHETIC AGENDA AND CONSTRUCTED BOX THEY NEVER LOOK OUTSIDE OF.
AT THE MOMENT WE ARE LEAD BY AUTHORITIES THAN BRUTALLY ENFORCE FINES, RULES AND LAWS THAT SERVE ONLY A MONEY AGENDA! A MONETRY SYSTEM CREATES FEAR OF LOSS AND GREEDY POSSESSIVE MATERIALISTIC VIEW ON EVERYTHING EVEN OUR EARTH. THE MONETARY SYSTEM CREATES CRIME AND DIS HONESTY
TRUE LEADERSHIP COMES FROM WITHIN AND FROM A SHINING ABILITY TO INSPIRE OTHERS TO RISE SPIRITUALLY THROUGH A FREE WILL THAT IS THE COSMIC LAW OF ALL CREATION. THE INSECURE FEW ARE CONTROLLING THE MANY.....LETS CHANGE THAT NOW!

TIME TO STOP LIVING IN FEAR AND STOP LISTENING TO CAREFULLY CONSTRUCTED PROPAGANDA AND START RE-USING OUR ETERNAL INTUITION AND BE FREE OF THESE SUPPRESSIVE SYSTEMS :-):-):-)

I AM A HAPPY POSITVE PERSON JUST CONCERNED WHERE WE ARE HEADING :-)

The second guy, the happy positive person who is expecting armageddon, is actually a really good looking, tall, muscular surfer type who I would date in a second. If not for his profile.

Both received on the same day. This is my dating pool, folks.

And people wonder why I'm single...I think I have a low vibrational level...
ewww. lady.what a buzz kill. delete your profile..do not get down there has to be other dating sites and other men...yuck..sorry mama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships