Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 09:35 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I love that the nice ladies are starting to complain just as much as the nice guys.
Are nice people the new minority?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 09:46 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Are nice people the new minority?
Hmm I don't think so.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:26 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
It's funny this fourm has some nice single men & women on it yet no one has made a move. That I know of at least.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:21 PM

114 posts, read 214,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It's funny this fourm has some nice single men & women on it yet no one has made a move. That I know of at least.
Yeah really.

People on here should hook up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I love that the nice ladies are starting to complain just as much as the nice guys.

I think its because when we were kids we were taught that, you're rewarded for doing good things and being a good person. But you grow up and find that it isn't the case all the time, and people get frustrated because of it. I can't blame anyone for it cause I feel it too. People have to complain every now and then so they don't go crazy... thats fine... its the people that never stop that are a problem.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:10 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Eh, I don't complain anymore. I just accept that everything is stacked against me because of my upbringing.

Like I said, I just live my life.
That's exactly how I feel. I know I'm not attractive (and I don't mean just physically) to the majority of men and I'm ok with it. I just concentrate on my life and if something comes along then so be it.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:22 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
But if he's not physically attracted to you in the first place, there is nothing you can do to make him 'feel' like he wants you.

It's the sad truth. I've had a bunch of guys tell me they adored me and would date me in a heartbeat if I was a bit more physically attractive. The last guy I went on a date with told me 'You're amazing and would make an awesome girlfriend...but you're just too tall for me, sorry'. He was 6'5, btw.

Sorry -- coming in late but I'm going to have to throw the BS flag on that one. In my time I've known plenty of guys who weren't into someone on a physical level and, after getting to know them, BEGAN to see them as girlfriend/wife material.

JJ, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'd toss you over a shoulder, haul you off for keeps and never look back. Ain't skeert in the least, not of your height OR you being a "big gal". Once we're lying down we're the same height, and I pack more than enough muscle to make wrestling a whole lotta fun. I don't know where you are or around whom you're hanging, but clearly you need a MAN in your life rather than boys.

Anyway, for all the women out there who think for men it's all about looks -- if you really believe that you've been chasing the wrong ones.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:24 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,611,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I have. And so far so good.

I was always considered a good girl even growing up. I had my moments of dabbling in being a beyotch, but those were short lived. I find you need to have a mixture of being your own woman, having your own interests, but also being able to treat your man like a king in the bedroom and out, especially if he deserves it.

I was extremely lucky enough to hit the jackpot with one of the nice guys on here. So yeah some of the nice girls can find something with some of the nice guys on here.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Sorry -- coming in late but I'm going to have to throw the BS flag on that one. In my time I've known plenty of guys who weren't into someone on a physical level and, after getting to know them, BEGAN to see them as girlfriend/wife material.

JJ, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'd toss you over a shoulder, haul you off for keeps and never look back. Ain't skeert in the least, not of your height OR you being a "big gal". Once we're lying down we're the same height, and I pack more than enough muscle to make wrestling a whole lotta fun. I don't know where you are or around whom you're hanging, but clearly you need a MAN in your life rather than boys.

Anyway, for all the women out there who think for men it's all about looks -- if you really believe that you've been chasing the wrong ones.
Then you're one of the rare ones. I've met maybe 3 men in my life who have said they weren't originally attracted to their girlfriends/wives but as they got to know them they became attractive. Usually the awesome but unattractive girls get relegated to FWB or just plain friend status until a hotter girls comes around. Like I mentioned before, my ex said he was embarrassed to be seen with me in public because I wasn't as pretty as his friends girlfriends. He said he liked me in every other way, but would NEVER invite me to any of his work functions or out to places where he knew his friends would be. You have no idea how many times I've heard the phrase 'She's amazing...too bad she isn't hot'.

Regarding the 'once we're lying down we're the same height thing' I was seeing a guy a few years back (while he was seeing other women, of course...heaven forbid a guy pick just one girl at a time) and he told me it was 'gross' that his feet only went up to my calves when we were sleeping, so that's not entirely true

I know a lot of it is the area I live in, and I'm hoping that moving to a new area will re-shape the views I currently have.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:51 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,611,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Then you're one of the rare ones. I've met maybe 3 men in my life who have said they weren't originally attracted to their girlfriends/wives but as they got to know them they became attractive. Usually the awesome but unattractive girls get relegated to FWB or just plain friend status until a hotter girls comes around. Like I mentioned before, my ex said he was embarrassed to be seen with me in public because I wasn't as pretty as his friends girlfriends. He said he liked me in every other way, but would NEVER invite me to any of his work functions or out to places where he knew his friends would be. You have no idea how many times I've heard the phrase 'She's amazing...too bad she isn't hot'.

Regarding the 'once we're lying down we're the same height thing' I was seeing a guy a few years back (while he was seeing other women, of course...heaven forbid a guy pick just one girl at a time) and he told me it was 'gross' that his feet only went up to my calves when we were sleeping, so that's not entirely true

I know a lot of it is the area I live in, and I'm hoping that moving to a new area will re-shape the views I currently have.
Definitely sounds like you need a location change. I know a lot of guys in California that are superficial. I went to San Diego and was called fat and ugly by random guys on the street for no reason at all.
It's like if you're not skinny, blonde and drop dead gorgeous they don't want to know you.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
Definitely sounds like you need a location change. I know a lot of guys in California that are superficial. I went to San Diego and was called fat and ugly by random guys on the street for no reason at all.
It's like if you're not skinny, blonde and drop dead gorgeous they don't want to know you.
California in general is extremely superficial, and I actually think of it as a human supply/demand. Where I live, a little over 50% of the population attends the local university. There is an overabundance of cute, skinny, blonde college girls (we lovingly refer to them as 'Poly Dollies'. They're the type who wear Ugg boots with cooter showing miniskirts) so why would a guy 'settle' for a girl like me? I've actually been told that by a few men I know... why settle for a 'normal' girl when there are ALWAYS naive, gorgeous, young college girls around?

San Diego wasn't too bad for me, but Long Beach was horrible. A friend of mine lived down there and I'd go visit him and his girlfriend here and there and I couldn't believe how outwardly mean people were. I was called every name on the planet and openly pointed at and laughed at in bars. It was incredible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships