Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 06:43 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,740,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Consider the last 24 hours the last straw for me and dating. I sent about 15 messages to women on a couple of dating sites. Not just hey how are you , but I read through their profiles and found a couple of things we could connect on, but that still isn't enough. Nearly all of them looked at my profile and read my message and not a single response.

I'm facing facts here. I'm not physically attractive. I'm not very interesting. I'm never going to have what a girl wants. I've got to accept it, dating and me are never going to mix.

(Alcohol and frustration are beginning to wear off)

Okay, just what the makes ladies respond to you when you ain't got much that they want?

this is called life for some people. If you talk this way you are "being negative" and "giving up.". who cares?.....I sent a hell of a lot more then 15 messages. Ask me how many legitimate responses I got. (But I'm a woman, all I should have to do is show up ).... Anyway, if this is not working for you, you can exhaust every avenue and then find other things in life if dating and women is not working out. It's your decision, but I choose not to continue to beat down a closed door for other people who don't 'gain' or 'lose' anything based on my choices either way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 06:47 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
Well I stated earlier that I drive an Accord and will be trading it in for a newer one. Honda is a great friend for a guy who likes value.
Yeah, your post went up at the same time as mine, so I didn't see it until after I'd posted. I just discovered the Honda Accord myself. I'm very impressed. I think they're the safest car on the road, too. Mine did mind-blowingly well in an accident. And they last forever, which you already knew.

It sounds to me like you have a lot going for you. You just need to give women the opportunity to get to know you. You need to place yourself right. Join groups, like you said. Don't be shy. If you don't get a response, keep moving, work it. You have some highly desirable qualities. Don't sell yourself short.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:47 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,784,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Skydives list has some pretty good points on it. Pay attention to #10. Women dont really have any interest in guys who think they have nothing to offer or arent the brightest bulb in the box. They do prefer guys who know exactly what they have to offer, know how to demonstrate it and feel like they are the prize that any woman would be happy to have. Many times its the difference between being rejected and given a shot, and thats all you really want. good luck.
I knew there had to be something we would eventually agree on

Old 07-09-2012, 06:49 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,062,805 times
Quote:
Consider the last 24 hours the last straw for me and dating. I sent about 15 messages to women on a couple of dating sites. Not just hey how are you , but I read through their profiles and found a couple of things we could connect on, but that still isn't enough. Nearly all of them looked at my profile and read my message and not a single response.

I'm facing facts here. I'm not physically attractive. I'm not very interesting. I'm never going to have what a girl wants. I've got to accept it, dating and me are never going to mix.

(Alcohol and frustration are beginning to wear off)

Okay, just what the makes ladies respond to you when you ain't got much that they want?
Dude online dating is for ugly to average women to screw a small pool of good looking men. Avoid online dating unless if your trying to get laid. Also note your in DC in most cities of the North East online dating is frustrating for guys and for some girls particularly ugly ones who fall in the pump and dump trap from cute guys. I posted an ad on craigslist in a suburb of Charlotte and I got about acdozen replies from women who wanted to meet. I'm not attractive but I'm tall and have a body of an NFL linebacker. Every region online dating might be different.

Also ugly don't date ugly.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 07-09-2012 at 07:35 PM..

Old 07-09-2012, 06:51 PM

19,732 posts, read 20,281,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Avoid online dating
Agree 100%

Old 07-09-2012, 06:53 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,740,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Dude online dating is for ugly to average women to screw a small pool of good looking men. Avoid online dating unless if your trying to get laid.

because 'ugly' and 'average' are all the same to men anyways.

And LMAO @ your assessment that the men are somehow more 'good looking' on there. typical.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:55 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,950,173 times
Quote:
1. I'm black. Already taken care of.
2. I just got a cheap gym membership at work, I will start using it pronto.
3. Thinking about some ink. Probably a memorial to my dead dad or a tribute to my fav sports teams.
4. Not one to spend lavish on clothes but am a master to looking presentable on a budget.
5. So pretty much my f&*# it ain't enough?
6. I'm a finance guy so this comes naturally.
7. Think hunting or shooting off a few rounds would do the trick.
8. What's wrong with the Honda Accord? I own a old one and very close to buying a newer fully equipped one. Likely will customize it anyway to prevent the yuppie image.
9 and 10. I'll take these in consideration.
Now you are talking my language. Don't just fire off a few. "You can't get in front of my gun because I'm in control....I'm in control"!

Shooting Under Stress - YouTube

Old 07-09-2012, 06:55 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,511,932 times
Quote:
I'm not going to post pictures, but I will admit I'm a big guy (6'4-6'5 and the body of an NFL lineman.) My profile pic is me in a suit (many have told me I look way better dressed up than in street clothes). I basically try to pick out one or two facts we could connect on in their profile and bring it to their attention.

I also say in my profile that I have an uncanny ability to make others laugh and have a good sense of humor (which some here think is a license to give me 24/7.)

Wow, you are tall. Women love tall guys. Are you in shape though? You want to be able to look good in street clothes and naked. What is your ethnicity?

Old 07-09-2012, 06:59 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,511,932 times
Quote:
Gainfully employed? Yes. Wages are not high for Washington DC but I bring home enough to pay for bills.
Stable? I'll have to get back to you on this. You mean emotionally, financially, or what?
Intelligent? Never been the brightest bulb in the box. However, I tend to shine in philosophical matters and motivational issues.
I've thinking about getting involved in meetup groups and even considering improv classes.

To answer a point about a 1000 rejections. I'm sure even with those 100 rejections I'm sure you hit one once in a while. But when you have been going your whole life and ain't had a hit EVER it is different.
I don't worry about my rejections or how many have been rejected. I only care about the ones that accepted me. Successful business people fail many times before they become successful.
How old are you? I think you need to work on yourself first.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:01 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,975,616 times
Online dating is annoying. Don't read too much into it. I do it, but mainly because I moved a year ago and just don't know a lot of people here. If I make a change to my profile I can easily get a 100 messages in a few days. At least 5 of them talking about wizardry or role playing games. Sometimes it's just top much effort to reply to them all or if I read something in a guys profile that I don't like, I'm quick to pass him by just because there is a never ending stream of guys showing up in my in box. Nothing personal.

P.S. If you wanna DM me your profile name and the site, I'll take a look and tell you if you are setting of any major red flags.

Last edited by beth98; 07-09-2012 at 07:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships