Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 02:32 PM

45 posts, read 66,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Maybe it was the fact that you were into being FWBs. Maybe on some level (conscious or subconscious) they suspect most men who will have sex without a commitment... just plain can't commit at all? It'd be an unfair assumption, to be sure. After all, the woman is doing the same thing. But guys in general are often judged by assumptions on what they "can" or "can't" do when it comes to their sexual appetite or mentality. Right or wrong, men are regarded as having less control over their sexual behavior (or the adverse consequences of not satisfying a sexual need) than women.
Interesting theory. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
I don't know if you can label women that way when many women have a mixture of FWBs and FZs within their groups of friends. They just decide what category to place them in based on attractiveness and other things. Know what I mean?
Sure I see your point. It might be true that many women have a mixture, and I think it might also be true that many women don't. I do think there is a spectrum of behavior, some women are closer to one end of the spectrum, on avg, and others are closer to the other end of the spectrum, on avg -- for what a given person (man or women) is likely to do with an avg person of the opposite sex.

But to be clear, I am speaking specifically about the women that made it clear, one way or another, they wanted to find a person for a lifelong, long term thing, and they didn't see me as that person, but wanted to bang anyway. Which is different than a women trying out a few guys at the same time until she settles on one. These are women that keep it going, sexually, with a guy, even after they've ruled him out as a life partner. My point is that I don't see this is being that different from a friendzone -- it just includes sex.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:54 PM

629 posts, read 1,234,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Lions View Post
Sure I see your point. It might be true that many women have a mixture, and I think it might also be true that many women don't. I do think there is a spectrum of behavior, some women are closer to one end of the spectrum, on avg, and others are closer to the other end of the spectrum, on avg -- for what a given person (man or women) is likely to do with an avg person of the opposite sex.

But to be clear, I am speaking specifically about the women that made it clear, one way or another, they wanted to find a person for a lifelong, long term thing, and they didn't see me as that person, but wanted to bang anyway. Which is different than a women trying out a few guys at the same time until she settles on one. These are women that keep it going, sexually, with a guy, even after they've ruled him out as a life partner. My point is that I don't see this is being that different from a friendzone -- it just includes sex.
You ever try just saying no when they tell you they only want sex? I Know it sounds crazy but I sense a lack of respect for you which doesn't help if you want a long term relationship with these women. Next time tell them if they don't want a long term relationship then you need to spend your time finding that person and not screwing around with FWB's. If they give you attitude (some women need to get their way) then that's another reason to cut them off and you dodged a bullet. Self respect makes you shine and many women can sense whether or not it's there. This may help you attract the right one and stop attracting women who want to be FWB's.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
You ever try just saying no when they tell you they only want sex? I Know it sounds crazy but I sense a lack of respect for you which doesn't help if you want a long term relationship with these women.
No why would I do that? I enjoy sex... and I'm not trying to change them into wanting to be with me long term.

This is more about comparing friendzone to fwb.

And yes I've attracted women that wanted more than fwb... I just found them boring and lost interest. I suspect part of me really likes variety, even though another part of me, eventually, wants a long term thing again.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:44 PM

629 posts, read 1,234,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Lions View Post
No why would I do that? I enjoy sex... and I'm not trying to change them into wanting to be with me long term.

This is more about comparing friendzone to fwb.

And yes I've attracted women that wanted more than fwb... I just found them boring and lost interest. I suspect part of me really likes variety, even though another part of me, eventually, wants a long term thing again.
Well as long as you're satisfied and don't see a problem, I won't continue any further on that matter.

On the FWB and friend zone matter. Different women want different things. Some place you in the friend zone and will never even consider benefits. Others may be open to it and make it a case by case scenario. Others strictly want FWB as a place holder until they find what they believe to be their true love. Guess you find alot of the last category.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:36 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Uh, no. The friendzone = no physical or sexual attraction.

FWB = either no emotional connection and/or no desire to commit.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:43 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The difference between the fwb zone and the friendzone is that there's no "b" in the friendzone.
And that is a huge, significant difference.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:45 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,401,273 times
When the hell did we start using these ridiculously obscene terms such as "friendzone" and "FWB" to describe various forms of relationships/rejections? When did we become so collectively retarded in this way?

Old 07-14-2012, 08:52 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
When the hell did we start using these ridiculously obscene terms such as "friendzone" and "FWB" to describe various forms of relationships/rejections? When did we become so collectively retarded in this way?
Dunno, mate, but I do know this - I'm staying far away from it all. This is ridiculous.

All I want, care for, and desire is a NORMAL woman - a woman who is not caught up in this cultural insanity that completely demeans and dismisses good decent men who are also not caught up in this madness.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:53 PM

640 posts, read 717,786 times
Quote:
much real difference between friendzone and fwb zone?
An additional one and a half Long Island Iced Teas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships