Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 06:17 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times

Advertisements

I only listened to a few bits but I get where he is going. I saw the OKC report that showed women rated 80% of men as below average in looks. Yes, it is true, women are truly unrealistic about what "average" is (and for the guy who mentioned the word "hamster" this also explains why women consistently view themselves as average when they are in fact fat or otherwise unattractive). However, it doesn't count for all that much. As you know, women view financial stability as being far more important than looks, hence the 5'6" "average looking dude" who is rich will do better than the hot guy who is unemployed and poor. Exception? If you are talking about a one night stand. And now that I have typed that out, I realize that it is a high number of one stands you complainers wish you could have.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:34 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I only listened to a few bits but I get where he is going. I saw the OKC report that showed women rated 80% of men as below average in looks. Yes, it is true, women are truly unrealistic about what "average" is (and for the guy who mentioned the word "hamster" this also explains why women consistently view themselves as average when they are in fact fat or otherwise unattractive). However, it doesn't count for all that much. As you know, women view financial stability as being far more important than looks, hence the 5'6" "average looking dude" who is rich will do better than the hot guy who is unemployed and poor. Exception? If you are talking about a one night stand. And now that I have typed that out, I realize that it is a high number of one stands you complainers wish you could have.
Guess I better hang it up then... not rich so there ya go.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Eh. Regardless if I'm a good guy or not, I'm overlooked 100% of the time anymore. I think some men are the same, but I never hear it the other way around, unlike I've heard women b*tch and b*tch about finding a guy.
No, they're not complaining about finding a 'good girl', they're complaining about finding a 'hot girl'. At least that's the way it is with my guy friends. I don't even know why I bothered opening a new dating account, because all my guy friends just use theirs for hookups.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:07 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
No, they're not complaining about finding a 'good girl', they're complaining about finding a 'hot girl'. At least that's the way it is with my guy friends. I don't even know why I bothered opening a new dating account, because all my guy friends just use theirs for hookups.
you won't admit it but you want the same thing, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:12 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
fortunately dear, your experience doesn't account for every living woman on earth at the moment.

I don't care if it does or doesn't.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:23 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
What's a good man?

Because I'm going to be honest a lot of men who say theyre good(ESPECIALLY in my community) aren't necessarily good they just do what they're supposed to do

Old 07-14-2012, 11:18 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I saw the OKC report that showed women rated 80% of men as below average in looks. Yes, it is true, women are truly unrealistic about what "average" is
I didn't need a "study" to come to this conclusion decades ago. It was quite apparent that more than half of the young single women were only interested in about 10% of men. These men were often quite "happy" to give as many as possible the feeling that they were in the running, as long as they put out.

The next 10% of men were fall back position of these women - a "position" that caused most of them to eventually ask "Where have all the good men gone?"

Among the remaining 80% of men, those who got in a "relationship" generally paid for it in some way that was obvious to men who didn't bother trying.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:20 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
What's a good man?

Because I'm going to be honest a lot of men who say they're good (ESPECIALLY in my community) aren't necessarily good they just do what they're supposed to do
I've never asked and never heard any men volunteer this. However, I do know who qualifies and the fact is, these guys rarely get much interest from single women under 35.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:25 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,417 times
There are a ton of good men. It's not our fault many women are too stumped to see it.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:37 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Who said women believe 80% of men are unattractive? This is garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships