Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 02:49 PM

77 posts, read 187,825 times

Advertisements

I always see women on dating forums like this complaining that they can't find anybody and at the same time you see all these online dating experiments where every moderately attractive woman gets messaged constantly just on online dating sites alone (not to mention the attention she receives in real life). The dating market seems to be one where there is a huge demand for women and not really much of a demand for men

So what is exactly the issue? Educate me here

Is it hard to find good looking men who want more than sex?
Is it hard to find men who are charismatic/confident who want more than sex?
Is it hard to find men who are a combination of handsome, charismatic and have a good/stable job?
Is it about character? Are you finding eligible men who are awful human beings?
Are y'all going for player types who have several women on rotation?

What is the problem? I see an awful lot of women on this site who are attractive and yet seem to be single for extended periods of time. What is that about? Are you afraid to go out of your comfort zone and stay at home all day during the week then hang out with your friends on the weekends and just do everything possible to not meet a partner?

I think men are incredibly easy and simple creatures to please so what is the problem?

Old 01-03-2013, 02:50 PM

837 posts, read 1,288,067 times
For those who want a slave, hopefully so.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
For those who want a slave, hopefully so.

huh?

Old 01-03-2013, 02:56 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,948,611 times
How can it be hard? I'm single

Old 01-03-2013, 02:58 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,892,725 times
Yes and no.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:59 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,400,182 times
think the answers will be different depending on the girl but there are a lot of good guys/girls that get overlooked for whatever reason. Just as its a struggle to find good guys out there it certainly is just as hard to find good girls.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:00 PM

20,767 posts, read 19,992,197 times
I can give you an answer:

When I am on dating sites, I get flooded with requests.

70% are guys I am not attracted to. They either present themselves in a ridiculous way (cowboy hat, no shirt on, urinal in background, violent gestures) or they don't look like my type. I am not into fat guys, smaller guys, bald guys, bearded guys, double chin guys, extremely skinny guys, guys who have several kids.

10% are okay looking guys but write pretty creepy sexual stuff.
10% look okay but have so many grammar/spelling mistakes in their profile/emails, that I get completely turned off.
10% look okay but they live with their parents, which is a no go for me.

So these are the guys who contact ME.

The guys that I contact, usually don't respond. Made me feel so insecure, that I gave up after a week. Very depressing.

My area seems to be full of singles (according to the dating sites) but when I go shopping or go out, I get ignored all the time by guys whom I think would be my league.

My friends tell me it is either: I am too tall with almost 6ft. I might look either desperate or not happy enough. When I doll myself up, some guys apparently get intimitated (according to some coworkers). But should I walk around in sweatpants and like an ugly duck so guys get confident enough to talk to me??

It is VERY difficult to find somebody and VERY frustrating.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I can give you an answer:

When I am on dating sites, I get flooded with requests.

70% are guys I am not attracted to. They either present themselves in a ridiculous way (cowboy hat, no shirt on, urinal in background, violent gestures) or they don't look like my type. I am not into fat guys, smaller guys, bald guys, bearded guys, double chin guys, extremely skinny guys, guys who have several kids.

10% are okay looking guys but write pretty creepy sexual stuff.
10% look okay but have so many grammar/spelling mistakes in their profile/emails, that I get completely turned off.
10% look okay but they live with their parents, which is a no go for me.

So these are the guys who contact ME.

The guys that I contact, usually don't respond. Made me feel so insecure, that I gave up after a week. Very depressing.

My area seems to be full of singles (according to the dating sites) but when I go shopping or go out, I get ignored all the time by guys whom I think would be my league.

It is VERY difficult to find somebody and VERY frustrating.

Why is living at home a huge deal to you? I know guys who are very successful who lived at home in their early to mid 20s just to save some money

Old 01-03-2013, 03:07 PM

20,767 posts, read 19,992,197 times
I am 36 and dont look for guys in their early or mid 20s

Old 01-03-2013, 03:08 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,724,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoBellic View Post
I always see women on dating forums like this complaining that they can't find anybody ...
Dating forums like what--City-Data? CD is not a dating site. You'll see people asking for advice or sharing stories, and like most forums, the complainers are more visible than the people with not much to complain about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships