Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 03:09 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,215,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoBellic View Post
Is it about character? Are you finding eligible men who are awful human beings?
If you're talking about online dating (you mentioned those experiments guys do, putting up a fake female profile), then yes. There are ex-cons, sleazes, guys who post 10-year old photos, cheats, and players on the online sites. Other women just don't get responses from online guys, as some here have said. IRL, it's difficult, too. There may be some truth to the oft-repeated statement here that 80% of the guys go for 10-20% of the women. If you're outside that 20%, tough luck.

Also, it's a matter of matching up "types", matching up interests, finding well-adjusted individuals who have dealt with whatever baggage they bring from their parents' home or past relationships, matching up intelligence levels, more or less, good character, and so much more. I'm amazed anyone manages to get together at all.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:12 PM

77 posts, read 187,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am 36 and dont look for guys in their early or mid 20s

Oh gotcha

Yea there is no excuse for anybody past the age of say maybe 24-25 to still be living at home. You are really meeting men in their 30s living at home?

Anyways that was a very interesting post. How is real life like?

Old 01-03-2013, 03:18 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,965,841 times
Quote:
Oh gotcha

Yea there is no excuse for anybody past the age of say maybe 24-25 to still be living at home. You are really meeting men in their 30s living at home?

Anyways that was a very interesting post. How is real life like?
I'm not sure where you live, but some people live with the p's way past 24-25. Up till 30ish sometimes. And sometimes it is cause they don't want to rent, and they stay with the p's until they can afford a downpayment. I know at least 4 people (1 guy, 3 women) with college degrees that live/lived with p's till at least 28 years old.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:19 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,457,528 times
Quote:

So what is exactly the issue? Educate me here
The short answer, in my case, is I can't figure out where the single men between ages of 32-45 are hiding. But I have a pretty good list going as to where they are not.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:23 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,025,487 times
Same here!!

IF I get looked at out on the streets, it is guys 60 and older. Not sure if I should take it as a compliment to get hit on or as an insult.

I am really starting to doubt myself and wonder, if I should bleach my hair blond, don't eat for 3 weeks and try to talk in a high pitched voice, giggling all the time. Maybe that helps?

Old 01-03-2013, 03:31 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,457,528 times
Quote:

The guys that I contact, usually don't respond. Made me feel so insecure, that I gave up after a week. Very depressing.
That was my experience too, with Match. Then after I let my subscription run out, I learned they still show your profile as active in an effort to entice you back. (After getting an e-mail alerting me of a wink a month after I last logged on, a quick search showed my profile as "Active within 24 hours").

Quote:
My area seems to be full of singles (according to the dating sites) but when I go shopping or go out, I get ignored all the time by guys whom I think would be my league.
I'd love to trade my daily Match emails with women in other cities just to see if any of the men who pop up here also pop up elsewhere.

Last edited by NWGirl74; 01-03-2013 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: fix quote

Old 01-03-2013, 03:38 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,025,487 times
can't trade anything, sorry. I am off the online dating. No more. Too depressing.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:39 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,859,438 times
Quote:
I can give you an answer:

When I am on dating sites, I get flooded with requests.

70% are guys I am not attracted to. They either present themselves in a ridiculous way (cowboy hat, no shirt on, urinal in background, violent gestures) or they don't look like my type. I am not into fat guys, smaller guys, bald guys, bearded guys, double chin guys, extremely skinny guys, guys who have several kids.

10% are okay looking guys but write pretty creepy sexual stuff.
10% look okay but have so many grammar/spelling mistakes in their profile/emails, that I get completely turned off.
10% look okay but they live with their parents, which is a no go for me.

So these are the guys who contact ME.

The guys that I contact, usually don't respond. Made me feel so insecure, that I gave up after a week. Very depressing.

My area seems to be full of singles (according to the dating sites) but when I go shopping or go out, I get ignored all the time by guys whom I think would be my league.

My friends tell me it is either: I am too tall with almost 6ft. I might look either desperate or not happy enough. When I doll myself up, some guys apparently get intimitated (according to some coworkers). But should I walk around in sweatpants and like an ugly duck so guys get confident enough to talk to me??

It is VERY difficult to find somebody and VERY frustrating.
Could it be you're being a tad unreasonable in your expectations? You've just eliminated 95% of the non-douchebag-male populace right there. Sure, you've also eliminated a lot of jerks in the process, but who's left?

Old 01-03-2013, 03:41 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,928,627 times
Quote:

70% are guys I am not attracted to.

when I go shopping or go out, I get ignored all the time by guys whom I think would be my league.

In your mind, you think your own league is higher than what it really is in reality. Serioulsy.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:44 PM

77 posts, read 187,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
In your mind, your think your own league is higher than what it really is in reality. Serioulsy.

I agree with this

I don't see any other reason for why men she's messaging wouldn't respond to her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships