Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2012, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,674 times

Advertisements

Hi I just want a critique on my Ok Cupid profile from the members who are women. Typically on Ok Cupid I meet one out of every 80 women I email and would like to improve this(although I know guys have it harder on dating sites). Any tips would be helpful.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/camcoe31416]OkCupid[/url] | camcoe31416 / 35 / M / Austin, Texas

Last edited by Sam I Am; 07-15-2012 at 03:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 11:46 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
I think you should cut your profile down to about half its current size. Everything you write tells something about yourself, but also gives a woman a reason to reject you. Three favorite movies is enough. I also suggest you change the "you should message me if..." section. Liking photography and Nat Geo has nothing to do with compatibility. Change it to qualities you appreciate in a woman. Final suggestion, get a better haircut.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:59 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
I havent read the entire thing, obviously but if it takes this mucvh energy to put up a profile on a dating site, i think ill stick to the rl approaches. To be brutaly honest, seems like way too much information, and women appreciate a little a bit of mystery to the guy they want, not someone who offers it all up in their profile and likely talks more then they do. Im a guy, but I doubt many women get through reading the whole thing either, without falling asleep. Shorten it up dude, and leave only the most importasnt things in there. Liven it up some with humour.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:19 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
You sound like a cool guy. I think you do need to shorten your "favorites" section. Get a friend to help you with the "what I am good at" section, because I would really play attention to that part. Right now it looks like you hesitated there. Also the "What I am doing with my life" section. It makes you sound like a role-player, not someone I would be compelled to get to know. Include something there about a goal for your life.

As you know, you are fine the way you are. It's refreshing that you know you are an introvert and prefer small groups. Thankfully you aren't trying to be someone you aren't.

I also urge you to go to a pro and get a new hairstyle. It looks like you have a good head of hair, but that style is really not doing you any favors. Your pix are very good. My favorite is the one with the black jacket.

Of course, looks aren't everything, but when people are window shopping, presentation counts a lot.

Good luck!

Old 07-15-2012, 02:58 PM

223 posts, read 434,652 times
You may want to correct a couple of misspellings.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:16 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,853,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Final suggestion, get a better haircut.
I agree, that is a really odd haircut.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:39 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Aside from the big rubber band ball, there's no hint of humor or strong feeling in your profile. Everything is "I like..."

Your favorite movies, foods and places to visit are only going to tell a woman so much. What kind of woman are you looking for? What do you feel strongly about? What are your core ethical beliefs?

Old 07-16-2012, 03:43 PM

3,924 posts, read 6,836,808 times
Please refer to this post. //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...heir-hair.html

Not being mean, but seriously if I were going bald. This is what I would do. Good luck.

Also, right off the bat you have a grammatical error. "I have live in Austin for about 11 years."

Old 07-16-2012, 04:01 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Please refer to this post. //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...heir-hair.html

Not being mean, but seriously if I were going bald. This is what I would do. Good luck.

Also, right off the bat you have a grammatical error. "I have live in Austin for about 11 years."
I'm assuming it's just a typo, but proofreading is important for most writing.

I can't read the profile because I'm not an OKC member, but good, clear, nice pictures help. I'm not a big fan of mirror shots and self cell phone photos. If you're an active guy, try to use some photos of you doing active things.

As for the writing part, just try to have fun with it. I tried to use some humor and I got some good reactions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships