Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 12:36 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,736,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
and that's their problem, they think paying equals playing. shouldn't even be mixing the two. men don't beleive in paying without a hand out for something in return, that's become blatantly clear. but whatever.
Have you ever heard of playing the game. Sometimes you have to go along to get along even though you may not want to. Guys are just playing the hand that been dealt to them.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:38 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,761,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Have you ever heard of playing the game. Sometimes you have to go along to get along even though you may not want to. Guys are just playing the hand that been dealt to them.

well maybe they should stop playing the game then, if they expect certain things from women, no woman is obligated to give them jack sh*t in the first place.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:47 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,298,411 times
Quote:
well maybe they should stop playing the game then, if they expect certain things from women, no woman is obligated to give them jack sh*t in the first place.
No man is obligated to wine and dine you, pay for your expenses, etc. simply because you are a woman. Read the paragraph below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I pay for my boyfriends because I like to be in control. I pay for first dates and last dates. I
pay for vacations and years worth of activities. I like knowing that it's my money going towards feeding someone/making someone happy/having a good time etc. It's pretty simple and has nothing to do with avoiding feeling obligated to sleep with them.
Finally a woman who takes the initiative to pay for her own expenses, and even a man’s, regardless of being the first date or in a committed relationship. Not only that but a woman who does it because SHE IS HAPPY TO DO SO not because she feels she will be owing him later, obligation, etc. Not common at all around here.

Cheers!

Old 07-17-2012, 01:02 PM

102,330 posts, read 108,547,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
You have to pay to play.
Not unless you're seeing hookers.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
No man is obligated to wine and dine you, pay for your expenses, etc. simply because you are a woman. Read the paragraph below.

Finally a woman who takes the initiative to pay for her own expenses, and even a man’s, regardless of being the first date or in a committed relationship. Not only that but a woman who does it because SHE IS HAPPY TO DO SO not because she feels she will be owing him later, obligation, etc. Not common at all around here.

Cheers!

I never said they were but keep repeating yourself.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Not unless you're seeing hookers.
Many women demand/expect men to pay for them as you can see in many of these threads, are those hookers too?

Old 07-17-2012, 01:05 PM

102,330 posts, read 108,547,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
No man is obligated to wine and dine you, pay for your expenses, etc. simply because you are a woman.
Yeah, I keep posting this, but the guys argue don't buy it. No one can separate you from your money against your will. To spend money on a date is a choice. No one is holding a gun to your head. If you're choosing women who walk just because you don't spend for an expensive date, you've chosen the wrong woman for you. Move on, and examine the kinds of choices you're making. Examine your priorities. That's probably where the problem lies.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I never said they were but keep repeating yourself.
Did you read findly185's comment?

Old 07-17-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Oh, what bull****! Good god... will you ever give it a break?!

Y'know... there are SOME men who actually enjoy paying simply for the sake of paying... they aren't looking for a damn 'handout' and they do not have a damn 'agenda'! Just stop already!

and where are the so called men who enjoy paying, as if they are in abundance. Please. what forum are you reading? men will say the same things on this forum and IRL: I read it all the time on here and have heard them say it. same thing happens when a man buys you a drink, I've had it happen to me and know many women that have. some man took 'becky' out, paid for her dinner, and didn't even get a kiss or whatever. they don't' see anything wrong with expectations for women just because they may have spent some money. this is the main reason I would not accept gifts or anything from men because they have a 'tit for tat' mentality.

I'm not going to 'give it a break,' this is a place where people express their opinions. why should I sit back and read about some men telling me how I think and what I've experienced and what it all means according to them. Not going to happen.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, I keep posting this, but the guys argue don't buy it. No one can separate you from your money against your will. To spend money on a date is a choice. No one is holding a gun to your head. If you're choosing women who walk just because you don't spend for an expensive date, you've chosen the wrong woman for you. Move on, and examine the kinds of choices you're making.
That's right, that is why I normally chose not to date american women. Not because they are bad but because women who think that way are just not my type. I repeat, not my type, not saying they are bad.

Read #226. I replied to one of your responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships