Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2018, 11:58 PM

1 posts, read 475 times

Advertisements

Hello members, this is David here. I'm new to this forum and looking forward to learning a lot about love and relationship from you guys. I want to know which dating app you guys use and its worth your time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 05:25 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Whichever one feels easiest and comfortable to use. Almost everyone will be on all of the free ones, anyway. If you want a site that charges, do searches and see the number of people who show up locally, in your age range, then choose.

Old 11-27-2018, 05:25 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,516,095 times
I like eHarmony the best. I tried a couple of others, and then went to that site. Now, it took me 2 hours to set up my profile. But, I answered all 200 plus questions.

I don't understand why people pay the money, and then do not bother to fill out the entire profile. I saw several profiles that way. I didn't bother to write to women if they did not have most of their profile filled out.

I met my current girlfriend, after being on the site for less than a week. In February, we will have been dating two years.

There does seem to be a formula they use. I like that you only get 5 matches per day, instead of drifting through endless profiles just to look for attractive people. And the matches use information that people have entered into their profile.

I have a friend who met his wife on their too.

Old 11-27-2018, 05:33 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,967,503 times
eHarmony.
nothing else is close.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:55 PM

777 posts, read 452,757 times
I went through OK Cupid, Match, eHarmony, and POF before I met someone who stuck around for the long term.

Hated eHarmony. The matches they gave me to work with were just abysmal. I don't think I ever saw anyone there more than once.

OKC was interesting, but from what I understand, it's gotten more Tinder-like, more hookup based relatively recently. So meh.

Match wasn't completely unproductive, but there were a lot of scammers and fake profiles.

In the end, I met my SO on POF, and we've been together over a year, going to be co-habitating soon. I paid for options not available for free on POF, and I think that may have helped me a bit in my search.

Old 11-28-2018, 04:21 AM

Well it's probable that no particular website is perfect for everyone. So, the original poster may have to try more than one overtime.

Old 11-28-2018, 05:09 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Match worked best for me. OKCupid was okay, PoF was poor. And I also couldn't stand eHarmony. Never got far enough into tinder and the like to have an opinion. Most others may be too small or specialized in focus to be much use - unless you share that focus.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:34 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,928,806 times
I have always used real life.
No substitute for it, there's a lot of weirdos online

Old 11-28-2018, 01:41 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,270,060 times
OurTime (for seniors): did the freebie versions, they kept e-mailing me a subset of the same group of "prospective matches", most of which were wildly inappropriate.

e-Harmony: completed the profile, never got interested enough to sign up for the paid membership. IMO, not much you can do without a paid membership.

Match: met 4 guys in person after getting a paid membership, all consistent with their profiles, the 4th one looks promising enough that I've quit looking. I did have to sort through the usual con artist types: guys 20 years younger who claimed "age is no issue", guys who wanted to communicate outside of Match immediately, etc. Also had to sort out the 65-year olds looking for women ages 45-55 and many who didn't meet some of the criteria I'd set (they were too old, smokers, no education beyond HS, or well out of my area).

Old 11-28-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
e-Harmony: completed the profile, never got interested enough to sign up for the paid membership. IMO, not much you can do without a paid membership.

Yes, you must pay to make it work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships