Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 01:15 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,745,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Nah thats ridiculous, there's way more good men than women, the ones who arent taken are just shy or ugly. There's very very few good women, most are bitter, crazy, gold digging or mean. The reason guys dont want to get married is that they know how miserable a woman will make them if they are tied to them forever

and B.S. there's way more good men then women, that's actually laughable. The reason guys don't want to get married has nothing to do with women (but thanks for letting everyone know they never take responsibility for anything, once again ), it has to do with them wanting to play around with as many women as they can and just not being as respectable and decent in general. Most of them are very full of themselves too.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:35 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,510,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
and B.S. there's way more good men then women, that's actually laughable. The reason guys don't want to get married has nothing to do with women (but thanks for letting everyone know they never take responsibility for anything, once again ), it has to do with them wanting to play around with as many women as they can and just not being as respectable and decent in general. Most of them are very full of themselves too.
Technically, in a biological manner, that's how it works. Hopefully, that's not a newsflash.

As for the aforementioned part about women in their 20's growing up, I'm not so sure about that one.

This 20-something gal from the church I used to go to had a Match.com profile up that pretty much went like this:

"I like to dance. I like my grandma's rice and gravy and I want a guy who is always happy, even when he's not happy."

I'm thinking...WTF? Is she into pharmaceutical sales and drugging up her ex-boyfriends or just a genuine idiot? As hot as she is, I see why she's single.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:13 AM

19 posts, read 19,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
ok, i have to step in on this. here is the bottom line. waaaay too many women complain about men being nothing but cheating lying pieces of crap.

im 25 years old, very shy and quiet, and often awkward around women im attracted to. and i was a virgin until i got married last year, at 24 years old. HOWEVER, i unfortunately married a woman who acts more like a horny teenager....she seeks out sex with as many guys as possible....how she managed to go sex-less until we were married i dont know. but im in the middle of a VERY bitter divorce thanks to her cheating ways.

oh yeah, might i also add that she's cost me 2 different jobs via sabotage?

iv also had a past girlfriend give me a computer so we could talk online when we didnt see each other, and she promised me that it was mine to keep, even if we broke up. well, she left me ON THANKSGIVING ( this was 2 years ago ) and the next day showed up with her biker dad and took the computer back by force.

why did she leave me? it wasnt anything bad. SHE left me because my life dream ( being a wolf biologist ) didnt work for her plans.

SO STOP SAYING GUYS ARE ALWAYS AT FAULT, THERE ARE SOME INNOCENT ONES OUT THERE ( LIKE ME )

as far as my marriage, i wont say i did nothing wrong. i know where my faults were. i yelled a little too much sometimes, when she refused to do basic things like cleaning. when our bank account and paypal accounts got hacked and our money stolen, i flipped out and threw my wallet at the wall. yeah, i did some bad things. but she was the true problem. the accounts got hacked because she INSISTED on wasting money on what turned out to be a phony website offering Sims 3 extras. i could keep going for ages about the stuff she did. but ill spare yall.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:52 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,218,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I have read a few articles on the internet about the current availability of good men and have read complaints from women that they can't find any good quality men. I read some articles where the authors claim to have interviewed women who said that men were less and less interested in relationships. One woman even said that she met a guy at a sports bar and after spending sometime talking to him she agreed to leave with him to spend the night together but when they
got to his place he started playing video games and he asked her to join him and that was his idea of spending the night together. I woukd like to hear from the ladies
Has that ever happened to you, do you think that really happens a lot or do you think the media and the internet are blowing this issue out of proportions?
I pretty much only know good men (barring this forum of course). If we could get the demographics and region of the bitter wackadoodles in this thread and forum, it would be a place to start for women, a place where women at least know to avoid. With that said, going home with a man you don't know is just as dumb as some numb-nut wanting to play video games like a 10 yr old.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:15 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,729,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I pretty much only know good men (barring this forum of course). If we could get the demographics and region of the bitter wackadoodles in this thread and forum, it would be a place to start for women, a place where women at least know to avoid. With that said, going home with a man you don't know is just as dumb as some numb-nut wanting to play video games like a 10 yr old.
It cuts both ways you know. I think that we need the demo and region of the bitter, lying, mean, controlling, cheating, crazy, demanding, flaky, women so that honest, upstanding men can avoid them. That would be an awesome start for great guys. Some women in this day and age feel as though going home with a man they just met is a way that shows how far women have come; that they're in control of their bodies and desires. Do you see how convoluted this has become? No wonder some men can't figure out women.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:17 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,729,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
JetJockey, i could never figure out how youre single. Looking at your pic, you should have dudes lining up for a shot to date you.

In my experience, women in general find guys with mul;tiple partners, very attractive. Guys who are unavialable also get a ton of attention from other women. Guys who are single and havent been laid in awhile are completely dismissed for the most part.
True. It's a f*cked way of thinking but I've seen it. The man who hasn't been laid in awhile could be a perfectly good man, but some women will think that there is something wrong with him.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:31 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,160,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Nah thats ridiculous, there's way more good men than women, the ones who arent taken are just shy or ugly. There's very very few good women, most are bitter, crazy, gold digging or mean. The reason guys dont want to get married is that they know how miserable a woman will make them if they are tied to them forever

Leaving aside the lack of logic in your first statement, the last statement is interesting.

I don't know why we women buy into the notion that we should get married, and if not married then we failed in some way. Marriage is almost always a superbad deal for women and a rosy deal for men.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:37 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,079,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I have read a few articles on the internet about the current availability of good men and have read complaints from women that they can't find any good quality men. I read some articles where the authors claim to have interviewed women who said that men were less and less interested in relationships. One woman even said that she met a guy at a sports bar and after spending sometime talking to him she agreed to leave with him to spend the night together but when they
got to his place he started playing video games and he asked her to join him and that was his idea of spending the night together. I woukd like to hear from the ladies
Has that ever happened to you, do you think that really happens a lot or do you think the media and the internet are blowing this issue out of proportions?
Not this again.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:48 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,681,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
They aren't in church either. The business community is surviving by working them 70 hour weeks. No time to cater to whiny women, then and no energy or tolerance.
This is true, all of it. And it's really sad to see.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:19 AM

434 posts, read 685,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
There are a lot of good men out there but they aren't in bars
Good men patronize bars, they just don't live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.