Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 08:26 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,739,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Technically, in a biological manner, that's how it works. Hopefully, that's not a newsflash.

As for the aforementioned part about women in their 20's growing up, I'm not so sure about that one.

This 20-something gal from the church I used to go to had a Match.com profile up that pretty much went like this:

"I like to dance. I like my grandma's rice and gravy and I want a guy who is always happy, even when he's not happy."

I'm thinking...WTF? Is she into pharmaceutical sales and drugging up her ex-boyfriends or just a genuine idiot? As hot as she is, I see why she's single.
well here's a newsflash: I'm tired of hearing about their stupid biology being the reason why they act in the ways that they do.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:27 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,400,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdog101 View Post
Good men patronize bars, they just don't live there.
I agree, sorry to not make that clear... Good men go to bars but they may not be the ones trying to hit on everything in sight

Old 07-28-2012, 08:40 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,739,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatman1045 View Post
ok, i have to step in on this. here is the bottom line. waaaay too many women complain about men being nothing but cheating lying pieces of crap.

im 25 years old, very shy and quiet, and often awkward around women im attracted to. and i was a virgin until i got married last year, at 24 years old. HOWEVER, i unfortunately married a woman who acts more like a horny teenager....she seeks out sex with as many guys as possible....how she managed to go sex-less until we were married i dont know. but im in the middle of a VERY bitter divorce thanks to her cheating ways.

oh yeah, might i also add that she's cost me 2 different jobs via sabotage?

iv also had a past girlfriend give me a computer so we could talk online when we didnt see each other, and she promised me that it was mine to keep, even if we broke up. well, she left me ON THANKSGIVING ( this was 2 years ago ) and the next day showed up with her biker dad and took the computer back by force.

why did she leave me? it wasnt anything bad. SHE left me because my life dream ( being a wolf biologist ) didnt work for her plans.

SO STOP SAYING GUYS ARE ALWAYS AT FAULT, THERE ARE SOME INNOCENT ONES OUT THERE ( LIKE ME )

as far as my marriage, i wont say i did nothing wrong. i know where my faults were. i yelled a little too much sometimes, when she refused to do basic things like cleaning. when our bank account and paypal accounts got hacked and our money stolen, i flipped out and threw my wallet at the wall. yeah, i did some bad things. but she was the true problem. the accounts got hacked because she INSISTED on wasting money on what turned out to be a phony website offering Sims 3 extras. i could keep going for ages about the stuff she did. but ill spare yall.
they complain about it because that's all that they see is out there in one form or another.

sorry about your situation with those women, there's many women that are tramps and no good.

9 out of 10 men are no good. 4 out of 10 of women are no good.

because of the similar ways in which men respond to different situations leads me to beleive they all behave in the same manner generally speaking, most just don't know it or don't want to admit it. Doesn't matter to me, I just know that it is.

so nothing has changed in my mind. Sorry.

LOL.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:57 AM

434 posts, read 685,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
I agree, sorry to not make that clear... Good men go to bars but they may not be the ones trying to hit on everything in sight
No problem. There are a lot of men AND women who show the ugly side of life while drinking in bars (I hear a lot of stories as I have two children who are putting themselves through college working at bars.).

But back to the thrust of the original post, my mother used to say "if you are bored you are probably boring." A logical next thought might be that if a person can't find a "good" man or woman, it may mean more about that person than he or she wants to admit. It can, however, take time to find that good person.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:15 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,421,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
Leaving aside the lack of logic in your first statement, the last statement is interesting.

I don't know why we women buy into the notion that we should get married, and if not married then we failed in some way. Marriage is almost always a superbad deal for women and a rosy deal for men.
A rosy deal for men? Until she takes half his stuff because she wants someone else.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:29 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,422,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post
A rosy deal for men? Until she takes half his stuff because she wants someone else.
Why is all the "stuff" his? A marriage is two people, and the "stuff" belongs to both of them and gets divided evenly.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:37 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,681,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatman1045 View Post
<snip>
SO STOP SAYING GUYS ARE ALWAYS AT FAULT, THERE ARE SOME INNOCENT ONES OUT THERE ( LIKE ME )
You aren't innocent, your problem is that you have a bad selection process. You have clearly picked the wrong women over and over again; and by believing you are innocent, you have no incentive to learn to pick the right ones.

Really this is the problem for both men and women. Our expectations are out of whack as select women/men for the wrong reasons.

As a woman, it will appear to me that all men are players if I only date the most attractive ones (ie best looking, best jobs etc.) Why? These men are sought by all women and as such are in great demand. A man in great demand by the opposite sex has no reason to commit whatsoever. If I want a man to commit me, he is not going to be one of those guys in the top 20% who can get laid every other night if he wants. I need to understand my personal league and date there instead. Just a couple of weeks ago I went out with an incredibly good looking "highly eligible" male who was also quite smart and with a great career. It was crystal clear to me that this is not the type of guy to commit, but I know for sure that the old me would have continued to date this guy anyway, hoping that he might fall for my charms. It isn't going to happen, sorry Onglet! Compare this guy side by side to another guy I went out with who really does want a committed relationship... they are night and day across the board.

Men make the same mistakes but in a different way -- I don't know what thefatman is doing wrong specifically, but

Old 07-28-2012, 09:45 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,510,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
9 out of 10 men are no good. 4 out of 10 of women are no good.

Here we go with the gender bashing.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:49 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,421,950 times
Riiiiigggghhhht..................

Old 07-28-2012, 09:56 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,011,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I had Long beach, SF and Sac on my list. I had to go where it was economically viable, which ruled out both SF and LB. I can't afford either of those places while attending school so Sac it is!
Hmm, for some reason I thought you were thinking Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships