Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2012, 10:53 PM

5 posts, read 14,204 times

Advertisements

Btw the abs comment was really just an example, a bad one at that. I wasn't really trying to start an ab oggling conversation, but feel free to if you want to talk about that lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 10:56 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Well, to continue about cleavage, I think women's fashion goes through phases. So a somewhat low-cut neckline on a dress, or a blouse unbuttoned to a tantalizing level, some women think of this as mere fashion, they don't think of it as teasing.If it's not overdone, it's ok. But the kind of clothing I was talking about in the earlier post goes well beyond what could be called fashion. So again, one wonders what the point is. I guess that's how they think they'll get a bf. I'm surprised the banks and other offices allow it. Whatever happened to dress codes? Whatever happened to business attire?

Old 07-30-2012, 11:16 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,275,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, to continue about cleavage, I think women's fashion goes through phases. So a somewhat low-cut neckline on a dress, or a blouse unbuttoned to a tantalizing level, some women think of this as mere fashion, they don't think of it as teasing.If it's not overdone, it's ok. But the kind of clothing I was talking about in the earlier post goes well beyond what could be called fashion. So again, one wonders what the point is. I guess that's how they think they'll get a bf. I'm surprised the banks and other offices allow it. Whatever happened to dress codes? Whatever happened to business attire?
There's still plenty of places like that.

It's the pretty young things coming up who are going to change it all.

I don't know if you've been out and about lately but some of those girls are barely wearing anything at all. It's like they leave their pants off.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:32 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
There's still plenty of places like that.

It's the pretty young things coming up who are going to change it all.

I don't know if you've been out and about lately but some of those girls are barely wearing anything at all. It's like they leave their pants off.

yoga pants, why did it have to be yoga pants!

Old 07-30-2012, 11:41 PM

845 posts, read 1,349,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
As I've noticed during my career, most women can use there shape perfectly. One girl I work with is very pretty, slender, but she does tend to "over do it" in other aspects. She gets a tan almost every other day, which her skin looks almost like light leather and getting too dark by the day. She wears really nice cloths that accentuates her figure.

I haven't seen one woman yet that really over did it.

I take that back, there was one. She was amazing, though; Russian, tall, tanned, muscular (not like the picture a few pages back), nice legs, blonde and a rack that wouldn't quite. Her main dress of choice usually was something that shown her arms, shoulders and about 5in of cleavage and something that pushed them up really high. I said to a co-worker, "Who's her husband, Steven Tyler from Aerosmith?!" He had the confidence to talk to her, I didn't. However, on the flip side everybody had to know her name, she was the speaker for all conferences with customers; unless they were on the phone. She was in front all the time when there was a picture to take. She craved the attention and couldn't be without someone staring, gawking, talking to her/about her, and/or drooling.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:41 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,730,962 times
We all send mixed signals. There's always a reason.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:04 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Hey now.

And, NO, frog has not seen my sweater puppies. Wtf.
lol that's not what I was implying.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:35 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,354,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwriter17 View Post
I know this topic has already been brought up a while ago but I'd like to add upon it and get some women's opinions (guys too). So it seems pretty apparent that women show their cleavage to attract men, get noticed and feel confident. But here's the thing that bugs me, is the women that show off their boobs and then proceed to get annoyed at guys checking them out. I mean if a guy is just sitting their gawking, sure I can understand being mad at that but if a guy checks you out while you're wearing some low-cut top that's showing off your stuff do you really have a right to be mad about it? Guys naturally like boobs, even women seem to have an interest in boobs, apparently not in the same way as guys (unless they're gay) but the point being, women can't expect us guys not to look.

Here is a more extreme example, and a made up one but I think about it when this topic comes up because there's some truth to it. There was an article in the onion (if you don't know, the onion's a newspaper that pokes fun at real news like SNL does with their news skits) where they said something like (I don't remember the exact writing) "Two girls at the something something bar drank heavily and decided to dance on the bar. They then proceeded to take off their tops and make out with each other. Several men at the bar starting cheering and staring, which was followed by the women yelling 'stop staring you perverts!'".

Again, that's an extreme example but gets to my point.

One other thing that I want to point out, it seems to me that some girls are totally fine with a guy checking out their boobs if they like him but if they see a guy they're not attracted to checking them out, they treat the guy like a total scum bag. I've had both happen to me, where the girl was practically pulling her boobs out at me and also a girl covering them up when I looked for maybe a few seconds.

Anyway, I feel like I just wrote a report on the subject, but it's something I think about from time to time and I think a lot guys and girls think about it. Or maybe some girls don't think about why they do it, they just do, I don't entirely know! Thoughts? Comments? True, not true? I'm interested to hear.

-MM Writer
The way it was explained to me by a woman was, they want you to look if they find you cute (which you won't know until you look and then get a smile or a scowl). I work at a college and the female students often show off their cleavage/boobs, of course they complain about the professors they don't like leering, but not about the ones they do like looking. I think they are mainly showing for the boys their age. The female co-workers are showing off for the men they like there. Once in a while I will meet an interesting woman there but overall It's pretty boring. It's fun to look at the boobs, but you know, in a subtle way. Leering is tacky.

What-ever!

Old 07-31-2012, 06:43 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
The way it was explained to me by a woman was, they want you to look if they find you cute (which you won't know until you look and then get a smile or a scowl). I work at a college and the female students often show off their cleavage/boobs, of course they complain about the professors they don't like leering, but not about the ones they do like looking. I think they are mainly showing for the boys their age. The female co-workers are showing off for the men they like there. Once in a while I will meet an interesting woman there but overall It's pretty boring. It's fun to look at the boobs, but you know, in a subtle way. Leering is tacky.

What-ever!

Bolded above.

There ya go. It isn't only women who behave this way, but I DO find it tends to be a bit more pronounced among women than among men. Then again, that could be regional. More and more I'm finding behaviours really are, and what is the norm in one area leaves another area completely aghast.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:44 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,140,801 times
But the truly attractive, fit women rarely show much cleavage!(?) It is usually the ladies with nothing else to offer physically who trot their boobs out. Repulsed guys sometimes have difficulty putting their eyes on something decent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships