Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 06:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterosette View Post
I m not in facebook, the reason he doesn't say in relationship, is that he still thinks that we are not in a stable relationship and we have to work on it. but the thing is that he just doesn't want to get married since he doesn't believe in piece of paper. that made lots of argue and fight btw us, now I have given up about the marriage thing. but still if i wanna stay in gf bf relationship i need him to show something more secure! now that I am writing this I see how screwed i am. ... its easy to advise ppl around u, judge them or accuse them but u never understand till it happens for urself. I think his friend is just another excuse that feed my insecurity about the whole relationship. the good thing is that he is away for 25 days and does not matter what is going on with him, I have time to reconsider some stuff and take a break from lots of stress. who knows maybe after this gap btw us we become a diff person w new perspective of life and relationship
Awww it will get better. You need to stop and get yourself together. Any man that doesn't call me his gf out in the open is not the man for me. He should want you. Maybe you need to find someone who actually cares more for you. And willing to make it work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 06:04 PM

7 posts, read 6,206 times
no im not at all !!

Old 08-05-2012, 06:07 PM

144 posts, read 201,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Are you financially dependent on him?
Your answer here will reveal how screwed you really are. If you are then yes you are screwed. Unless you have a family you can turn to if u ever leave him or at least some of your own money and be able to get a job to support yourself.

Personally I always make sure I won't ever be financially dependent on a guy even if we are married. Shi-t happens and I want to make sure I will be okay and be able to stand on my own if the relationship/marriage did not work out.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:10 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterosette View Post
no im not at all !!
Then prepare for 25 days and leave.

There are so many valiant crocodiles in the world. Don't waste your life with a man who will not even get you an engagement ring after 3 years.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:18 PM

7 posts, read 6,206 times
I am not financial dependent on him and i would be never on anyone else. I am studying a hard program at university to get my degree next year and be an indep woman. crocodile is right , i have to get prepared for 25 day

Old 08-05-2012, 06:28 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
It does happen that someone will get a crush on somebody, but just isn't the somebody's type. However, the fact that she's flying all the way over to the States for a conference he's attending, AND that HE CONTACTED HER about an upcoming trip to Europe makes the whole "she's not my type" story very iffy. If she weren't his type, he wouldn't be making plans to see her on his trip to Europe. Even if he didn't have any gf/bf -type interest in her, he shouldn't be leading her on by emailing her and making plans to see her. Maybe while he's away in Europe, you can just move out and move on. Get a new cell number and just disappear. The shock when he comes back will be good for him, it'll make him think.

The fact that he doesn't say on his fb page that he's in a relationship, and makes excuses to you about why he doesn't consider that what you and he have is a "relationship" (if it's not, then what is it??) is a red flag. Move on to someone who will appreciate you more and who won't play games. And who would be thrilled to put you on their fb page!

Old 08-05-2012, 06:29 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
The scary thing is 95% of the time, the "other woman" doesn't look as good as the person the man is with

Old 08-05-2012, 06:31 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
If she keeps bugging him about this other woman - she's going to push him right into other woman's arms. If he's not there already..

Old 08-05-2012, 06:37 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,021,788 times
It doesn't matter what he thinks or how he thinks at this point. The OP is right that the time away from this guy is a gift. 3 years and he's making excuses for not being open about the relationship, and blaming you for it? No ring after all this time is bad enough, but the posing as single is just ridiculous and disrespectful. It's not paper this guy doesn't believe in, it's honesty and commitment. Ending relationships can be painful, but the pain is temporary. The pain of being in a relationship with a dishonorable person lasts as long as the relationship. Move out and move on.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:47 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Ugh. What a shame.

Sounds like you're relationship is going to end if he keeps this up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships