Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 01:00 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times

Advertisements

You texted him yesterday. If he didn't respond last night and doesn't respond today either, don't text him tomorrow. Basically, at this point, you are doing the same things as what in the "old days" was sitting by the phone waiting for him to call. (Have you texted friends yet to make sure your text messaging is working properly?)

Just go about your business. He's got your number. If he's interested, he'll use it. As you said yourself, it's not that hard to find 5 seconds to send a message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 06:13 PM

548 posts, read 891,021 times
I had texted him once today and sent him a message online telling him about an incident that happened to me. Its now 5PM no response what so ever so not sure IF he will contact me perhaps later tonight or maybe tomorrow. IF he doesn't idk what I did wrong.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:16 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Here's a novel idea. Make an actual phone call. I think texting is for people who are socially retarded.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:23 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Here's a novel idea. Make an actual phone call. I think texting is for people who are socially retarded.
and anyone under 30. Younger generation today does everything via text. i do too for the most part. Its more convenient and less of a hassle. If im dating a woman in her 30s, and know that she is more traditional, i will occasionaly pick up a phone and call to ask her out or whatever. Other than that, i dont really use the phone either, other than for business purposes or talking to my grandma or parents.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:34 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
You texted him yesterday. If he didn't respond last night and doesn't respond today either, don't text him tomorrow. Basically, at this point, you are doing the same things as what in the "old days" was sitting by the phone waiting for him to call. (Have you texted friends yet to make sure your text messaging is working properly?)

Just go about your business. He's got your number. If he's interested, he'll use it. As you said yourself, it's not that hard to find 5 seconds to send a message.
^ THIS. It's not about playing games really; its just seeing what the interest level is. While I do agree that it's okay for each person to be the first one to text or call at times, if ONE person seems to be the one to always do the contacting, that person should back off a bit and not contact. Because that could be happening because the OTHER person's interest in you is low.

If someone is REALLY interested in getting to know you, they will be just as eager to contact you as you are to contact them. And you wont have to wonder if they are interested; you will feel it and see it. If you have to wonder, maybe they just aren't into you as much.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:22 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
If he wants to talk or text, he will call or text you. Don't pursue him.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Give each other turns to text or call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships