Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 04:49 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times

Advertisements

If you exchanged 20+ emails with someone without speaking to them on the phone or meeting them then you are the chump my friend! I like to cut to the chase pretty fast. It's just a phone number. I can block them if they blow up my phone. Exchanging endless texts and phone calls without meeting is a waste of time IMO. I like to talk a little bit so I have some idea what they're like but I want to know if we get along in person because if we spend 4 weeks talking and texting and then dislike each other in person that whole 4 weeks was nothing but a waste of time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 04:54 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
If you exchanged 20+ emails with someone without speaking to them on the phone or meeting them then you are the chump my friend! I like to cut to the chase pretty fast. It's just a phone number. I can block them if they blow up my phone. Exchanging endless texts and phone calls without meeting is a waste of time IMO. I like to talk a little bit so I have some idea what they're like but I want to know if we get along in person because if we spend 4 weeks talking and texting and then dislike each other in person that whole 4 weeks was nothing but a waste of time!

You are right and I have allowed it like a FOOL. But it all ends tonight, my new limit is 6 emails.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:36 PM

48,521 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
some women are too paranoid and should not meet guys on the internet
If they're talking to you, I propose they are not paranoid enough.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:16 AM

819 posts, read 1,592,465 times
Bless your heart. You surely do not get wiser with age. You'll be doing this same kind of stuff at age 75. At your current age there's a whole lot of smarts you are definitely missing.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyMJ View Post
Bless your heart. You surely do not get wiser with age. You'll be doing this same kind of stuff at age 75. At your current age there's a whole lot of smarts you are definitely missing.
Not my fault they didn't have dating 101 in school

Old 08-16-2012, 09:47 PM

270 posts, read 488,115 times
Quote:
I exchanged 25 emails with girl 1 so I;m done with her. I;m going to let her know how stupid she is too
So that you can confirm to her that she made the smart decision in NOT giving you her number? Nice.

I personally don't like giving out my number to online guys. My phone number is my ONLY phone number and I consider it very personal. I don't talk on the phone that much to begin with, so I really don't want to some guy I've never met. Plus, it doesn't take a whole lot for a guy to disinterest me, so if he has a weird voice or says my name too much (had a guy put my name in every sentence and it put my teeth on edge!), I won't give him a chance. Much better to meet, get the whole package, and give the guy a decent shot...

Old 08-16-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh2009 View Post
So that you can confirm to her that she made the smart decision in NOT giving you her number? Nice.

I personally don't like giving out my number to online guys. My phone number is my ONLY phone number and I consider it very personal. I don't talk on the phone that much to begin with, so I really don't want to some guy I've never met. Plus, it doesn't take a whole lot for a guy to disinterest me, so if he has a weird voice or says my name too much (had a guy put my name in every sentence and it put my teeth on edge!), I won't give him a chance. Much better to meet, get the whole package, and give the guy a decent shot...

There has to be a phone conversation atleast once before a meet

Old 08-16-2012, 10:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
There has to be a phone conversation atleast once before a meet
Yep. And many women like to talk many times before meeting.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yep. And many women like to talk many times before meeting.
See I was stood up meeting someone face to face just chatting through email so I don't want to do it again. I asked the waitress..."excuse me did you see a girl in here wearing glasses and a ponytail hairstyle in the last 30 minutes"

The waitress says."NOPE" and then I said....."Ok can I have a chicken on flatbread to go?"

LOL

Old 08-16-2012, 10:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
See I was stood up meeting someone face to face just chatting through email so I don't want to do it again. I asked the waitress..."excuse me did you see a girl in here wearing glasses and a ponytail hairstyle in the last 30 minutes"

The waitress says."NOPE" and then I said....."Ok can I have a chicken on flatbread to go?"

LOL
You have balls. I think I might of just walked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships