Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2012, 06:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I never had a issue meeting a woman at a cafe. Plus the ones I got to sell food so it wouldn't be just coffee or juice. I would never go to STARBUCKS, that place is the worst
It is over priced. lol

But I feel very energized after it!

Old 08-21-2012, 06:25 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,506,818 times
Quote:
I never had a issue meeting a woman at a cafe. Plus the ones I got to sell food so it wouldn't be just coffee or juice. I would never go to STARBUCKS, that place is the worst
I just used that as an example. Try some of my ideas out.

Last saturday i hosted a netflix walking dead marathon. The girl i asked i barely knew, i told her to bring 2 friends and i will invite 2 guys, plus supply some beer, liquor and pizza (supplied by my buddies ). they came over at about 5. We had a blast, after season 1 we all went out to the bars afterwards. We plan on doing the same thing again this saturday watching season 2.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:59 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
The problem is he stalls and gives the ladies too much wiggle room. If you talk to a woman on Tuesday, set the date for Friday. This gives you less of a chance to say something stupid before you meet, and her less of a chance to bail.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
The problem is he stalls and gives the ladies too much wiggle room. If you talk to a woman on Tuesday, set the date for Friday. This gives you less of a chance to say something stupid before you meet, and her less of a chance to bail.
Thats true. But in my experience its best touch base during the week to keep her interested. In the past i would call a day before the date, the girl would say "I haven't heard from you all week , i didn't think we were still going , sorry I made other plans" lol

Old 08-21-2012, 07:05 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
If its your first date then i recommend that you call or text her during the week to chat. Otherwise she might lose interest planning other things.
Uh what

If she wants to out with you, she's not going to lose interest. Bugging the crap out of her will do nothing more than demonstrate you're a desperate dude who has nothing going on in his life.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:18 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Uh what

If she wants to out with you, she's not going to lose interest. Bugging the crap out of her will do nothing more than demonstrate you're a desperate dude who has nothing going on in his life.
So in 2012 when you call someone ONCE A DAY after 9pm only twice a week, that is considered bugging someone?

Old 08-21-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Uh what

I never said call everyday. You can call her or text before the date to have a convo.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:51 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
I never said call everyday. You can call her or text before the date to have a convo.
Why, what's the point? To make sure she's "still interested"?

In ye olden tymes, dudes asked out women and they picked them up at the arranged time a week later. Or a month later. Whatever. They didn't need to talk to the woman in the interim because they knew the girl would be waiting eagerly. And by olden tymes I mean before everyone had a ****ing iPhone. Modern technology is a crutch for people who shouldn't be breeding. If you don't have enough self-confidence to think a woman is going to show up for a date, please refrain from passing on your genetic code.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:14 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times
Quote:
I'd suggest not getting food at a cafe.

The whole point of a cafe "date" is as a screen before a real date with someone you haven't met before or only have met for a few minutes. That way, if one of you is really not feeling it you can just kill it there without being impolite. Eating a meal at a cafe isn't here or there: it's an early cafe date so it feels like a screening, but it's a meal so it feels like a date. Most girls will just be confused and put off by the contradiction.

Instead, either go on a quick cafe meeting as a just-in-case and then go elsewhere from there (have a few ideas planned beforehand) if it's working well, or just skip the meet-for-coffee-first step altogether. If you want to be all SCIENCE about it, switching venues in rapid succession is a really effective way to hook someone as well.......one long date at 3-4 places ends up feeling like you've been dating each-other several times already before the night is out.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Why, what's the point? To make sure she's "still interested"?

In ye olden tymes, dudes asked out women and they picked them up at the arranged time a week later. Or a month later. Whatever. They didn't need to talk to the woman in the interim because they knew the girl would be waiting eagerly. And by olden tymes I mean before everyone had a ****ing iPhone. Modern technology is a crutch for people who shouldn't be breeding. If you don't have enough self-confidence to think a woman is going to show up for a date, please refrain from passing on your genetic code.
So your saying that if you set up a date today (Tuesday) for Saturday that you won't call the women until Friday or Saturday? I'm just saying that in past if I did that the women would cancel the date thinking that I wasn't interested. I always like to talk to them ahead of time to get the basic questions out of the way, ie job, likes, dislikes etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.