Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 03:47 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times

Advertisements

Let us know how you find CA since you have been away so long. Best of luck to you. I still miss my CA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 06:45 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Thanks everyone for the replies.
I was 'this' close to landing a job with a small trucking company, passed the physical, drug test, etc, and my first trip would have been today.
But then I realized, wait a minute. Its been 7 years since my last driving job, they didnt even suggest any 'refresher' time behind the wheel, simply toss me into a truck with my trainer and we're on our way (headed eastward this morning). Not that theres a problem with doing 2nd seat for the first few months, or riding with a trainer, its actually my preference, but there are a few areas where a little 'pre-trip' run might have been nice. So..Im going to look into other companies that will either work with that or just do the regional runs. I know I gotta land something here pretty quick! (Maybe should have just taken that position for now?)
Anyway, other than that, its nice here, brisk mornings, and though for the time being, living in a bigger city isnt my idea, at least Im home and in time, we're going to look into one of the smaller towns not far from here, as its been talked about for a long time now. Im not used to having to lock doors and am learning to drive erratically like the rest of the city folks, lol, but again, its only temporary.
Heres one for magnum mike:
Right now our living room looks like a server room, sorta. Everyone has their own computers, lol. My daughter, her husband, he has 2, but his laptop goes with him when he goes to work, the kids have their own, which they argue over ... and then theres mine now, in the corner! Lol.

Last edited by country pride; 10-15-2007 at 07:23 AM..

Old 10-15-2007, 07:07 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Heres one for magnum mike:
Right now our living room looks like a server room, sorta. Everyone has their own computers, lol. My daughter, her husband, he has 2, but his laptop goes with him when he goes to work, the kids have their own, which the argue over ... and then theres mine now, in the corner! Lol.
LOL.. so now instead of "sending you to your room" I'll have to send you to your corner, right?

Sounds like you have a job right now being a "referee" and breaking up those fights..

I know you'll do well in the job hunt, I'm prayin' for ya.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:36 PM

24,473 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Power Surge,
Keep the chin up. I'm sure you will do well. Plenty of jobs out there for people with your skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships